removing Les Paul rhythm/Treble ring

fistacuffs

• Members

yes. i did it. it's awesome.

it was stuck down with double-sided tape (its an Epi '56 reissue goldtop), but it came off easily enough. However, it does move about a bit, because the nut dosen't sit flat on the body, because of the carving.

nonetheless, its good enough, and i think that the comprimise is one worth taking.

• Members

I took mine off along with the pickguard. Just like the above poster stated, it's stuck on with double sided tape. I broke mine in half getting it off but I probably could have avoided that by heating it up just a touch before I started to pick at it.

• Members

I think the other dudes were talking about Epiphones.

I wouldn't expect it from Epiphone either :confused:

I would like to think, if I spend that much money on an item, no parts are held on by double sided tape :o

I think it just highlights poor quality. Electronics manufacturer I worked for doing repairs wouldn't even let an item pass QC even if one screw holding down the base plant wasn't screwed all the way in. Nevermind accept double sided tape as a method of holding parts on.

Fair enough on a really cheap guitar but Epiphones aren't the cheapest of cheap :facepalm:

• Members

I wouldn't expect it from Epiphone either
:confused:

I would like to think, if I spend that much money on an item, no parts are held on by double sided tape
:o

I think it just highlights poor quality. Electronics manufacturer I worked for doing repairs wouldn't even let an item pass QC even if one screw holding down the base plant wasn't screwed all the way in. Nevermind accept double sided tape as a method of holding parts on.

Fair enough on a really cheap guitar but Epiphones aren't the cheapest of cheap
:facepalm:

They are stuck on with double sided tape AND the switch nut. The tape just keeps it from spinning so it's oriented in the right direction.

The tape is not there to hold it on.

• Members
Those are great!

I'd like to get a, "Kill"/"Stun", like Star Trek phasers.

Awesome, as were the above ...... I left mine on, but would "like" it more if there was no print on it...just a plain trim ring...I could flip it, I suppose ???

• Members

I took the one off my SG. I tend to play with the neck pup 99% of the time, and I also tend to hit the switch when I get over enthusiastic in stumming. So I wired the switch backwards. Down is neck, up is bridge. With three volumes, one of which works backwards (because I need new pots) and a tone knob, none of my friends can just sit down and play the damn thing. Hahaha it's my guitar and I know how to work it.

• Members

I swapped mine but left it on because I was going for a white border, shiny center look for the hardware on my LPVM. Reflector knobs, white pickup rings, white switch washer, metal switch tip!

body02.jpg

VERY nicely done! That is the FIRST guitar that I actually thought reflector knobs look good on!

• Members

I swapped mine but left it on because I was going for a white border, shiny center look for the hardware on my LPVM. Reflector knobs, white pickup rings, white switch washer, metal switch tip!

body02.jpg

Very very nice!

You like that trem?

Archived