• Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
I don't see the big deal on the price.

Mahogany Body

Set Mahogany Neck

Ebony Board

Real EMGs

I mean, as long as the floyd copy isn't a total POS, I'd say $600 is a pretty fair deal.

exactly. people just want something to bitch about. if it had upright crosses people would be complaining about that too. :freak: myself, I think its awesome.

• Members

He stated a general idea, and said that he didn't care for the item in discussion. I didn't get anything from it besides a simple little comment. Someone feeling a bit touchy?

These black metal guys get all up in arms about religion, more than the Christians and almost as much as followers of Islam. Just laugh at them.

I'm Christian and we don't wear crosses or have them on our buildings, so the cross one way or another means little to my faith. But as stated out of respect and for what popular culture has turned the upside down cross into, I wouldn't want to really own one. I don't wear right side up crosses either, but again, what it stands for in other people's denomination is peace and love which I can dig and respect.

Back to the guitar, The new Ibanez V is about the same price and you can actually test them at your local GC. I'd probably go there for a metal style V or look at a used Jackson RR.

• Members

$149 blow-out Floyd Rose guitars come with a real Floyd Rose, Speedloader. I can assure you any Ibanez in this price range will have a far superior Floyd Rose copy on it. I can tell from the picture it is the same POS trem he puts on all of his guitars and they are GARBAGE. Total garbage. Good luck keeping it in tune.

• Members

$149 blow-out Floyd Rose guitars come with a real Floyd Rose, Speedloader. I can assure you any Ibanez in this price range will have a far superior Floyd Rose copy on it. I can tell from the picture it is the same POS trem he puts on all of his guitars and they are GARBAGE. Total garbage. Good luck keeping it in tune.

Every Floyd Rose Speedloader I ever tried was total {censored}. Wouldn't stay in tune worth a damn. Most other copies I've tried worked better than those.

• Members

These black metal guys get all up in arms about religion, more than the Christians and almost as much as followers of Islam. Just laugh at them.

Shhhh-you can't let them know how hypocritical they are, or it spoils the fun!

Actually, I listen to a fair amount of black metal, but I've never gotten the whole "If we all look like complete douchebags and play the same monotonous, basement production bull{censored}, no one will dare notice how idiotic and basic our ideology is". Most of 'em seriously need to stop reading Nietzsche in the bathroom.

• Members

The guitar - I'm not really into V's or 'metal guitars'. For the price I could indulge in a little bit of brand snobbery, so I probably would. That said, I think the headstock shape really suits the guitar.

The inlays - My personal take is that they look a bit silly. I am very much an atheist, and refuse to show support for any religion, quasi-religion or silly teenage anti-religion. It would look bettter and have a greater universal appeal with jackson-esque shark fin inlays.

• Moderators

I'm Christian and we don't wear crosses or have them on our buildings, so the cross one way or another means little to my faith.

Despite our little spats, I always find you to be a most reasonable and rational individual. I don't call myself a Christian anymore, but I live life based on values espoused by Jesus and a few others. The cross thing has always amused me a tad, just imagine JFK coming back and seeing his admirers wearing little sniper rifles;)

If symbolism needs to be attached to Jesus the fish has always made more sense to me:)

• Members

I'd spend the extra $100 or so for a neck-thru Schecter C-1 Hellraiser with a real floyd and maple top that looks 50x better.

There is more than one Floyd Rose model. The original Floyd is hardened steel and then there are the cheaper ones that are a softer metal and those usually end up on the low to mid priced guitars.

• Members
Back to the guitar, The new Ibanez V is about the same price and you can actually test them at your local GC. I'd probably go there for a metal style V or look at a used Jackson RR.

Haven't seen anything about an Ibanez V, nor can I find it on their site. Link?

• Members

I think its pretty cool, although a little bit more expensive than I'd like to spend on it. I think its cool that the cross inlays are inverted because then it looks like its in the correct position while you're playing. The Licensed Floyd Rose is a turn off for sure but I never use a Floyd anyways and would probably just lock it down, that way there wont be any tuning problems.

As for the people that are so worked up about the crosses and religion: Who gives a crap? It's inlays on a guitar, nothing more and nothing less. It doesnt have to represent your religion or anything like that, its just meant to look cool.

Archived