Dean Zelinsky Announces New Guitar Company

cerebrix

• Members

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=103552

World-renowned guitar maker Dean Zelinsky has unveiled his new company DBZ Guitars LLC. He explained, "DBZ Guitars will have my personal control over design, direction and quality." The company's web site, currently revealing only a glimpse of the new line, also includes the "DBZ Guitar Forum" where Zelinsky will be interacting once again with his fans online.

Zelinsky, who founded Dean Guitars in 1976 at the age of 18, is recognized industrywide for ushering in a new era in guitar design. That evolution continues with the new line of DBZ Guitars, premiering in January 2009, showcasing Zelinsky's ability to "take guitar design to the next level." Zelinsky will be doing for guitars what custom bike builders have done for the motorcycle industry. Zelinsky stated rare exotic woods, laser technology and proprietary graphics applications will be essential to DBZ Guitars' new look.

Equally newsworthy, Dean Zelinsky has partnered with Diamond Amplification owner Jeff Diamant (who is now also President and COO of DBZ Guitars), and Diamant's Texas partner, Terry Martin. Explained Zelinsky, "Jeff and I share a vision for DBZ, and see eye-to-eye on how this industry should be serviced. I have teamed up with Jeff because his proven business savvy is critical to this challenging new venture... guitar brands are not built every day. His Diamond amps are second to none and add cache to the DBZ guitar brand."

"Dealers and distributors worldwide are already calling and vying for exclusive rights to DBZ/Diamond," added Diamant. "Simply, together we can do more than we can apart." Diamant continued, "Diamond will not be changing its current vision or plan. We have a vision for DBZ and a vision for Diamond."

"We are bringing a radical approach to every aspect of DBZ Guitars; guitar design, marketing, advertising and distribution, while retaining traditional and elegant styling and feel," said Zelinsky. "The technology available today is being way under-utilized. This industry is stuck in the Dark Ages

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

DBZ?

why would they make dragon ball z guitars?

thats a rather dead franchise.

Seriously, I wonder if they ran into trademark problems with that name.

Zelinsky hasn't owned Dean Guitars in 20+ years, FWIW. Armadillo brought him on board as a consultant about 10 years back but that arrangement clearly has come to an end.

• Members

I've got a Leslie West Standard (Korean) and a USA Hardtail. They are both outstanding guitars. I mean mind boggling life changing instruments.

I will not own a pointy guitar. I don't want one and at 53 years old odds are I will be attracted to them even less and less, but if that's somebody else's angle, more power to 'em. I just feel that it is a bit of a niche customer demographic and Zelinsky hurt himself a bit by pushing the wild assed guitars. Less uninhibited guitarists categorized his instruments as show-off guitars. Most never gave them consideration as a company capable of making incredible instruments. Of course cheapie Deans didn't help the reputation much even if they were good for their inexpensive pricing.

I don't know what it will take, but I hope that Dean can become known for how really good they can build guitars. Of course you get what you pay for, but I feel that the Leslie West Standard is a standout bargain at the going 'net pricing of $699. I suggest you grab one before they change something about them.

• Members

I always liked the half explorer/half les paul guitars. To look at them anyway. I never played one. There does seem to be a market for red-state pointy guitars. There must be 6 or 7 dimebag models in the samash/gc junkmail every month.

I think that V will do well as long as it comes in jungle as well as arctic camouflage and comes in at less than $800. :thu:

I thought the thread was about this guy, though:

main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_it

Archived