Mills gets 48.6 mil from McCartney

bbach

• Members

Oh, and one other thing about the dollar: While we're sitting here panicking about the dollar--and with good reason--in Europe, they're panicked about the highest inflation they've had in years, and a Euro so strong it's basically killing the export market. As many Europeans don't want the Euro to get stronger and many Americans don't want the dollar to get weaker, it's unlikely that either side would work to exacerbate the situation.

OR maybe we'll all be blowing each other's heads off fighting for a few scraps of food. Got any Jack Daniels?

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Wow, that's some expensive p###y. Maybe Paul should stick to protitutes. I think there are some Congressmen and Governors that could send him some referrals.

Why is that when you marry someone rich, and the marriage does not work, you get a whole bunch of the rich persons money?

Cause there wasn't a Pre-Nup.

KAC

• Members

It doesn't matter. In principle it's totally wrong.

Exactly. And that is the problem with these types or awards. Same thing when an individual sues a car manufacturer for an accident instead of the driver that caused it simply because of the massive amount of money they can get awarded by judge or jury and the driver is a broke sob.

KAC

• Members

Linda Eastman was no singer, but darned if she sure didn't try hard to learn, for Paul.

I imagine it was just a little while into this marriage before Paul realised Heather had no singing or musical talents whatsoever. Not a big deal, you say? Oh, I dunno: the man who breathes music 24/7 wants a wife who can at least make some sense out of his thought structures... [i suspect this is what eventually sundered the Christie Brinkley/Billy Joel union as well.]

After the separation, Heather Mills made a big show of dancing on DANCING WITH THE STARS in the UK. I suspect this was her way of showing she wasn't entirely deaf to music's charms.

• Members

If we're headed for REALLY rough times, forget precious metals..buy Jack Daniels and pot. You'll be able to trade it far more easily than gold if the s**t really hits the fan!

But despite being someone who has a profound faith in the ability of humans to act like total jackasses, I don't think we're heading for a massive depression along the lines of the 30s...the world is a different place. Economic hardship will take on an entirely different face. Not sure what it will be, but I suspect it might mean a lifestyle adjustment that actually gets embraced by people in the long run. In other words, we might be FORCED off the merry-go-round, and ultimately, the result might be a saner, less consumptive world.

For example,...

I tend to agree, but I think such changes will take generations to reach fruition.

Ooops, back to Sir Paul. Sorry.

Okey dokey! :wave:

• Members

Who cares....Look after yourself...Look at what's happening to your dollar people..We are headed into rough times. I would buy food, get out of the dollar and get into precious metals. These Rich Elites will not be helping us when the rough times come on. Sir Paul isn't even going to feel this.

Wow that's a negative outlook. I always feel that one of the biggest problems with any economic down turn is the down turn of consumer confidence. If we'd all keep our attitudes up we'd realize we will find our way about things.

I sell campers and motor homes for a living. Gas prices are skyrocketing, food prices are escalating, shipping costs are way up, and business is great. We had a fantastic year last year and are ahead of that this first quarter so far. I don't know. Seems to be plenty of money in the consumer pocket for play at this point. That says a lot considering that our customers use big diesel gulping pickups to pull their campers with and the motor homes, well, let's just say that fuel economy is not one of their benefits.

I suspect there are certain pockets of this country that are suffering more than others. We bought a bunch of used campers from an Iowa dealer this winter to help bail them out of a money crunch and we always need more used campers here.

Anyway, this is morphing into a different thread altogether. I'm quite sure Heather would help you if you have a time of financial need. Just email her. ;)

• Members

I think this just about sums it up...

Can't buy me love, love

Can't buy me love

I'll buy you a diamond ring my friend if it makes you feel alright

I'll get you anything my friend if it makes you feel alright

'Cause I don't care too much for money, money can't buy me love

I'll give you all I got to give if you say you love me too

I may not have a lot to give but what I got I'll give to you

I don't care too much for money, money can't buy me love

Can't buy me love, everybody tells me so

Can't buy me love, no no no, no

Say you don't need no diamond ring and I'll be satisfied

Tell me that you want the kind of thing that money just can't buy

I don't care too much for money, money can't buy me love

Paul must have realized he didn't love Heather anymore, if ever.

• Members

Anyway, this is morphing into a different thread altogether. I'm quite sure Heather would help you if you have a time of financial need. Just email her.
;)

Maybe he could hang around for a year or two, then file for divorce and demand half of her net worth. :idea:

• Members

Maybe he could hang around for a year or two, then file for divorce and demand half of
her
net worth.
:idea:

This whole thing really saddens me. I feel that Mills took advantage of Paul at a very vulnerable time in his life and was never genuine in her feelings for him. I think the result and the judge's written ruling says it all. Just not right, but at least he is fortunate enough money wise and talent-wise to get on with his life.

Maybe even get a few songs out of it.

KAC

• Members

Wow that's a negative outlook. I always feel that one of the biggest problems with any economic down turn is the down turn of consumer confidence. If we'd all keep our attitudes up we'd realize we will find our way about things.

I sell campers and motor homes for a living. Gas prices are skyrocketing, food prices are escalating, shipping costs are way up, and business is great. We had a fantastic year last year and are ahead of that this first quarter so far. I don't know. Seems to be plenty of money in the consumer pocket for play at this point. That says a lot considering that our customers use big diesel gulping pickups to pull their campers with and the motor homes, well, let's just say that fuel economy is not one of their benefits.

I suspect there are certain pockets of this country that are suffering more than others. We bought a bunch of used campers from an Iowa dealer this winter to help bail them out of a money crunch and we always need more used campers here.

Anyway, this is morphing into a different thread altogether. I'm quite sure Heather would help you if you have a time of financial need. Just email her.
;)

You'll see man...It hasn't even begun yet. Hard times haven't even hit yet. I will bet anyone that the way I see things going IS coming down the pike and we will be in a depression whether the government admits it or not within 2 or 3 years. It will get progressively worse from now until then with mass bank closings, large bond houses going belly up, people losing retirements and life savings at a rate not seen in almost a century, 10s of millions of people losing their homes. I would bet this is coming down the pike. I study this 50 hours a week. We shall see if I'm right or I'm just some kook pessimist.

By the way Craig, i'm in Europe right now and have been since the 3rd week of Janurary and I can't believe how expensive it is here. I'm getting paid in Euro's as well at the moment and when I'm in Copenhagen for instance and I want to go out to eat it's literally 2 times the price that it would be at home..A McDonalds hamburger is 2 times the price. But yea, they are worried about the Euro being too strong because of exports and the English people working on this ship with me are totally freaked that the pound Sterling is so strong as well. They see the ramifications. But anyone who thinks we aren't in trouble is either delusional or doesn't understand economics. The Fact is since the Euro come on the scene 6 years ago the dollar has LOST .76 to the Euro...The dollar is melting down which raises the cost of oil because it's tied to the Dollar globally. This in turn Raises the cost of all goods because of transportation costs due to Oil driving the economy on almost every level. So.Your dollar buys less, things cost more and more, your standard of living is going down. I just read that the amount of debt we are in as nation has exceeded the point where we could EVER PAY IT OFF even if we were taxed at 100% forever!!....This is Mind-boggling especially since the $$ that we "owe" was created out of thin air by the private Federal Reserve that was unconstitutionally given the power to issue our nations currency in 1913....Anyway, people don't understand how {censored}ed we are. Most on these forums do not. I would start looking into things and taking appropriate measures because they dollar is toast.

I would start looking into things and taking appropriate measures because they dollar is toast.

What are "appropriate measures"? The stock market is an E ticket roller coaster ride at the moment, housing prices are in decline in many areas, interest rates were just dropped again (so savings accounts have lower yields); heck, even gold just dropped $60.

As Craig alluded to, the dollar's decline has major ramifications not only to the USA, but also world-wide. European and Asian products become more expensive to purchase in the USA (the largest market in the world), which means imports to the USA (IOW, exports from other countries) decline, and because US products become more affordable, US exports can be expected to increase - which has an effect on the trade deficit.

Stagflation is definitely a concern, but we're nowhere near where we were in the 1970's - at least not yet. And unemployment, while slowly rising, is still below 6%, which is considered quite good.

I've been saying for years that the USA needs a Manhattan Project II - where we make it a goal to be completely energy independent within a decade. Oil is the enemy - or at least our reliance on it.

To get away from geopolitics and finance, and back to the original topic, I will say that none of this should have a significant effect on either Sir Paul OR Heather. ;)

• Members

I would start looking into things and taking appropriate measures because they dollar is toast.

What are "appropriate measures"? The stock market is an E ticket roller coaster ride at the moment, housing prices are in decline in many areas, interest rates were just dropped again (so savings accounts have lower yields); heck, even gold just dropped $60.

As Craig alluded to, the dollar's decline has major ramifications not only to the USA, but also world-wide. European and Asian products become more expensive to purchase in the USA (the largest market in the world), which means imports to the USA (IOW, exports from other countries) decline, and because US products become more affordable, US exports can be expected to increase - which has an effect on the trade deficit.

Stagflation is definitely a concern, but we're nowhere near where we were in the 1970's - at least not yet. And unemployment, while slowly rising, is still below 6%, which is considered quite good.

I've been saying for years that the USA needs a Manhattan Project II - where we make it a goal to be completely energy independent within a decade. Oil is the enemy - or at least our reliance on it.

To get away from geopolitics and finance, and back to the original topic, I will say that none of this should have a significant effect on either Sir Paul OR Heather.
;)

I love ya buddy but ya gotta do your own research and get it because no one is going to believe me. Humans do not like to accept doom even if it's right in front of our faces. It's a protectionist trait. Start Here:

http://www.jsmineset.com/

http://theinternationalforecaster.com/

http://www.shadowstats.com/

Google Dr. Paul Craig Roberts and see what he says about the economy. Look in the Foreign press to see what they are saying about the Dollar. NOT our corporate owned disinformation propaganda press..Check the Brittish Especially and yesterday. Start there if you really want to know. I'm not sure you do.

• Members

Betcha Paul's soon gonna be writing his own venomous musical responses to his question about filling the world with silly love songs: "What's wrong with that? I'd like to know".... he now has 48 million reasons it can be considered problematic.

• Members

Oh, and one other thing about the dollar: While we're sitting here panicking about the dollar--and with good reason--in Europe, they're panicked about the highest inflation they've had in years, and a Euro so strong it's basically killing the export market. As many Europeans don't want the Euro to get stronger and many Americans don't want the dollar to get weaker, it's unlikely that either side would work to exacerbate the situation.

OR maybe we'll all be blowing each other's heads off fighting for a few scraps of food. Got any Jack Daniels?

I see this a a buying opportunity. No, not audio gear. There are some beat-up stocks that are a bargain.

Archived