Guitars/Gear You've Sold/Traded & Now Regret

Nick74

• Members

I've sold and traded so much stuff I cant even remember it all but here is some of the stuff that I miss the most.

Feel free to post pics of gear you sold and regret...........

Here is some of mine.......

S4300551.jpg' alt='>'>

S4300573.jpg' alt='>'>

S4300931.jpg' alt='>'>

S4300888.jpg' alt='>'>

S4300069.jpg' alt='>'>

S4300724.jpg' alt='>'>

S4300576.jpg' alt='>'>

S4300005.jpg' alt='>'>

S4300341.jpg' alt='>'>

S4300259.jpg' alt='>'>

• Members

Have not gotten rid of anything electric except my V18 2x12 amp, which despite many loving them it was not for me. I do regret I bought it a little before the price drop so I paid damn near 300.00 for it

I will not post pic as it is not for this forum, but do regret getting rid of my Larrivee OM-03 acoustic, I loved the way that guitar felt and played, loved the clarity of the music on it, But it was too bright, just not enough low end. Wish I could have kept it and bought a different guitar to give me the low end I wanted , economics at the time would not allow that, I had to sell the Larrivee to get something different.......I like my new acoustic, but I do miss the Larrivee.

• Members

I don't have any pics but an old Granada tube amp. It was nice a clean then you crank for tube overdrive. It had a tube tremalo and reverb which were both foot switchable. I was young and thought it wasn't cool because it couldn't wake up the neighbours with it's 7 watts of power. I used the encloser for something else and threw the amp out. Now I kick myself saying I could have a cool low watt amp right if. Live and Learn I guess.

• Members

Speaking of regret: does anyone remember the classic song "Sweat Loaf" by the Butthole Surfers?

"Daddy?"

"Yes, son?"

"What does regret mean?"

"Well son, a funny thing about regret is that
It's better to regret something you *have* done,
Than to regret something you *haven't* done.
And by the way, if you see your mom this weekend,
Be sure and tell her, SATAN, SATAN, SATAN!!!"

Then the music starts: DA-DAH...DA-DA-DAAHHHHH

[YOUTUBE]NreA8yT4nlI[/YOUTUBE]

• Members

I've sold and traded piles of guitars, a ton of 'em. Two, three dozen, maybe. There's only one that I miss, though, and goddamn what a guitar she was.

1979 Jazzmaster

overall.jpg

body.jpg

mustanginstalled.jpg

guts.jpg

Someday I'll get another JM or perhaps a Jag. Problem with this one was the insane weight, easily over 10 lbs and just unbearable to play for any period of time. It was a one-piece slab ash body, just crazy. Its replacement will have to be much lighter. Retrospectively, I should have kept the neck and electronics and gotten a new body.

• Members
I've sold and traded piles of guitars, a ton of 'em. Two, three dozen, maybe. There's only one that I miss, though, and goddamn what a guitar she was.

1979 Jazzmaster

overall.jpg
body.jpg
mustanginstalled.jpg
guts.jpg

Someday I'll get another JM or perhaps a Jag. Problem with this one was the insane weight, easily over 10 lbs and just unbearable to play for any period of time. It was a one-piece slab ash body, just crazy. Its replacement will have to be much lighter. Retrospectively, I should have kept the neck and electronics and gotten a new body.

Oh my Jesus Balls! Not only has my Jazzmaster need gone up, now I need a new pair of pants as well.

• Members

IMG_0001-9.jpg

A couple years ago I went in a pawnshop in Enterprise, Alabama and found the Electra Vulcan MPC on the right for $199. It came with phase shifter and overdrive plug in modules. The pawnshop did not have an amplifier to try the guitar out with. So I took a chance and bought it anyway. I took it home, cleaned it up, changed strings, and put a new battery in it. Everything worked. And it turned out to be a really good guitar. The effects sounded good too. But I found a Mosrite Joe Maphis I really wanted. So I sold this Electra guitar for phase 3 profit along with a few more guitars so I could buy the Mosrite. I was glad I got the Mosrite. But after I sold the Electra I started missing it.

So I started looking around on eBay to see if I could find another Electra Vulcan MPC. I found one for sale that cost about the same as I sold mine for. So I bought it. It showed up in a nice hardshell case. When I sold the guitar it did not have a case. When I took the guitar out of the case I saw that it was the very same guitar that I had sold previously. It even had the effects modules with it. I knew it was the same guitar because it was missing a strip of binding on the headstock.

Archived