How many guitars have you bought because it was talked about here as a great deal?

Solcat

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Only my XV-620... the nut that came in it was hand-cut (incorrectly) but i replaced that with a Tusq nut, tossed on some straplocks and polished the frets and now its a great player.

Although I do like the neck alot at some point I will probably replace it with a MM rosewood one.

Do not regret my purchase though

• Members

Let's see, Squier 51, Gretsch Americanas, I found out about SXs and Agiles and Xavieres here.

I don't have the SXs any more (but do not regret having them when I did), and the two Squier 51s I had are gone, I still have two Agiles and an Xaviere which I have no plans to part with, and I have two of the Americanas, I may or may not sell one, but will always keep one of them.

There have been a number of others I got GAS for as a result of reading about or seeing them here, so yes, this place can NOT be good for the GAS afflicted.

• Members
I was brainwashed into buying an Xaviere because of this forum. I'm glad I did, because I love playing my xv-600 semi-hollow Tele!!
:thu:

I bought Jays XV-900 and wound up selling it for double what I paid for it. I'm thinking about grabbing another of the new offerings of the XV-900's he has out now. Good inexpensive 335 copy.

MOF here was the last XV-900

jan28_04.jpg
jan28_03.jpg

Heres the Fender Tele talked about earlier thats my main Tele now. Very Nice.

IMG_1794.jpg

• Members

None, which is amazing to me. Actually I think that I bought a $100 7 string Washburn a few years ago and flipped it later that month and broke about even.

I've found a few of my own deals and posted them in the hot deals thread, but it's been quite a while since I was buying gear. I have bought some gear off of here from other members that I wouldn't have bought otherwise and have had a lot of good fortune dealing with good people!

Only real regret I had was the Squier51, but it seems just like all the other cheap guitar fads that came and went that it turned out to be just another decent guitar for the price; nothing amazing...atleast that is what I tell myself everytime I look at them on e-Bay. ;)

• Members

i bought the silverburst SG GOTW totally on impulse when someone posted a thread about it with a link to Sweetwater. they sold out a few hours later. it's an amazing guitar, and looks great too IMO.

WEB_07SG_Silverburst-001.jpg

WEB_07SG_Silverburst-002.jpg

only nitpicky thing i have to say about it~ i do wish they had done them like the original; the burst on the originals is on the back and on the back of the neck, but on the newer silerbursts they just shoot the front.

other than that, nothing.

• Members

Oscar Schmidt OE-30 $100
Variax 300 $299
Blackheart 5w head with 12" speaker cab for $188 delivered
Hwy 1 telecaster for $388
Some Live.com 30% deals.

Almost bought one of those cheap Fullertons that Frets99 was talking about.

• Members

Absolutely zero! :rolleyes: OK, just kidding there. Yeah, I've bought several. No definite numbers though. I've not jumped onto the "HCEG Hot Item" bandwagon in a while though.

I've ended up selling most of the "Hot Items" I've bought though so I'm a lot less tempted anymore.

I've completely skipped out on the following deals. No real interest:
First Act amps
First Act guitars
Blackheart amps
Gibby Explorers
EPI Valve Jr.

I did buy these items and still have them:
2 Gretsch Americanas
Hot Rod Deluxe Limited Edition (absolutely LOVE it!)
EPI Les Paul '56 RI
H & K 20th Anniversary Amp (another stellar deal)

I would have liked to have snagged an Eric Johnson Strat for $1000, but I was too late to the party.

• Members

In total that would be ZERO. Most of the recommendations here are the blatently obvious big name/big price manufacturers. Although a few brave souls do occasionally recommend Yamaha and the like, I may have even seen a Rogue recommendation once or twice. Seems like an awful lot of guitar players corresponding here are either rich or in debt up to their ears.

Tongue-in-cheek so don't get your skivies in a knot.

Archived