Tele or Strat?

Cougarbruin

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

The only thing I really get out of a strat is the neck pickup and trem, and only then if well set up. Single/single teles are simple creatures, maybe, but it's damn near impossible to get a bad sound out of them.

I'm glad you said it's ALMOST impossible to get a bad sound out of them because I find it's no problem at all. I can do it without even trying.

• Members
Single/single teles are simple creatures, maybe, but it's damn near impossible to get a bad sound out of them.

Uh huh... unless you're a crappy player like me. They'll broadcast every little mistake. Best lie detector known to man. Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh... but in the hands of a good player, they are pure magic. :thu:

• Members

I guess strat.

I've owned a few tele's, and never meshed with them... always sold them. Kind of end up hating them.

Strats, I own one knockoff, and love it... I want to get a real one, though. but, of course, that requires I sell my current Tele.

• Members

Apart from an unfortunate interregnum at the end of my second marriage when my bass-playing about-to-be-ex-wife went off with my beloved Tele, my small but cherished collection has always included two Strats and one Tele. (Hoping to keep it that way ...)

As things stand:

I love both, but if you held a gun to my head . . . Strat.

• Members
Tele. Actually there is no such thing as a strat. It's actually just a camouflaged telecaster, but please, please, please, don't tell any of the strat lovers. They'll hunt me down for letting the secret get out.
:)

Ha Ha If you think of it like that you couls say a strat is a "super" tele ha ha!

• Members

Though I like and favor Strats. I certainly think Teles are Rock Beasts also. I just got use to the Trems being their and really prefer to have one on?

Fell for this US Lonestar yesterday in Sienna Burst/Ash.

Snapshot_20090111.jpg

Of course I bought it from a Tele player and theirs no Trem. Buy easy $5 fix. Ironic though.

Archived