Tele or Strat?

Cougarbruin

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

The Stratocaster will undoubtedly win this contest... although I voted for Tele.

But the strat does have this almost magnetic allure. I just popped into a music shop on the way from work tonight, and as much as I tried to resist, my eyes were inexorably drawn to the lovely contours of the stratocasters hanging up there. It's almost like some kind of visual drug.

Teles still sound better though I reckon.

• Members

This is a tough one for me, as my first guitar and my most coveted possession is a Tele. But, I'm putting all of that aside and voting as if I had no sentimental attachment to any particular guitar. I gotta go with a strat. It's more versatile, more comfortable, and I like the mid-rangy tones it can deliver if I can only have one...

• Members

I think a lot of it comes down to the age of the guitarist as well. 5-10 years ago I wouldn't have ever considered a Telecaster. Strat or die! Now that I've gotten older (and I'm sure more bitter) Teles just speak more of my language. And Tele necks are :love:

Love the Strats tho!

• Members

Man! Just a few hours ago, I had this very same discussion with my cousin who just went back to Spain. When he was here, he was looking for a guitar to take back with him. We tried a few basses, Strats and Teles. He decided to wait till he got back home.

Seems he still can't decide so he asked me which i'd choose. I couldn't help him. I like both. The Strat does feel "lighter," but I've got .011's on my TexMex Strat and I can manhandle it and it doesn't go out of tune! It's practically bulletproof now (lot's of mods).

The Tele feels more solid, I guess, more like a Chevy Silverado half ton compared to a hopped up Camaro. . .

Happily, there's room in the garage for both. But I'd rather have the Tele in a potential bar fight.

Archived