rocktropolis.net - a better soundclick

aenemated

• Replies 288
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

the whole point of the site was kind of, in a way, inspired by jj's thread. a lot of folks kind of alluded to being hesitant to post {censored} - i'm guessing a lot of people don't want to hear "dude, you {censored}in suck." i can understand that - as i said, posting music is very personal. one of my really good friends is, i think, a great songwriter. but he's nervous as hell about showing it as he's kind of bitchmade and worries about people {censored}ting on him.

if someone wants to post their {censored} from my site somewhere else for commentary - fine. i hope they do. i plan on allowing that entirely. and if they do that, they open themselves up of their own choice. but if they just wanna put stuff up for the hell of it - maybe it helps with their confidence, whatever. that's REALLY what i want to provide.

and i've seen a lot of people around here not even know HOW to post their {censored}. i wanna solve that too. i'm right here. a lot. i sit here hours a day working and pop into HCEG a lot to kill the monotony. so if someone needs help, i'm happy to offer it.

as far as the contacting bit goes in my IA - i'm still throwing that around. it's breaching the limits, cuz i don't want people sending {censored} to people. but on the other hand, i want people to be able to chat it up if they dig {censored}. i dunno. i might just kill it entirely. probably will.

• Members

the whole point of the site was kind of, in a way, inspired by jj's thread. a lot of folks kind of alluded to being hesitant to post {censored} - i'm guessing a lot of people don't want to hear "dude, you {censored}in suck." i can understand that - as i said, posting music is very personal. one of my really good friends is, i think, a great songwriter. but he's nervous as hell about showing it as he's kind of bitchmade and worries about people {censored}ting on him.

if someone wants to post their {censored} from my site somewhere else for commentary - fine. i hope they do. i plan on allowing that entirely. and if they do that, they open themselves up of their own choice. but if they just wanna put stuff up for the hell of it - maybe it helps with their confidence, whatever. that's REALLY what i want to provide.

and i've seen a lot of people around here not even know HOW to post their {censored}. i wanna solve that too. i'm right here. a lot. i sit here hours a day working and pop into HCEG a lot to kill the monotony. so if someone needs help, i'm happy to offer it.

as far as the contacting bit goes in my IA - i'm still throwing that around. it's breaching the limits, cuz i don't want people sending {censored} to people. but on the other hand, i want people to be able to chat it up if they dig {censored}. i dunno. i might just kill it entirely. probably will.

ok so we dont agree on don mclean,,but who ever does :lol:

Seriously - been reading this thread since last nite, what your doing and the rational behind what your trying to do and all...just wanna say I think its cool what your trying to put together, wish you best of luck in providing a safe place for people to share their musical ideas with out fear,,,,ive read some of those comments on youtube which probably has some of the worst meanest bunch of trols in the world, some nice people post songs there and its sad to read the crapy outright mean comments that they are subjected too ...

hope you figure it all out, sincerely best of luck with your endeavour :thu:

yours B.R.

:)

• Members

I dont care WHAT they say...I think your allright!

:thu:

• Members

I posted a bunch of tunes last night. It uploads much faster than any of the MP3 sites I've used in the past including Soundclick. The quality of the clips sound great. There is one bug, if I play my 1st track once...the second play, it jumps righ into the middle of the track. But, so far, it's a great start, Trent! :thu:

• Members

yeah, i like how there isn't going to be a comment system, opening your music up to the internet takes some balls and when they finally put their music out there, hearing bad stuff about it sucks, they don't deserve to hear that.

• Members

oh yeah, definitely. just didn't state it specifically. but thanks for throwing it out there.

all set, playa.

Great idea - it is nice to have a place for HC members to post their tunes, in a way it makes it a bit more personal. I am totally in:thu:

• Members

hey dudes - quick update.

hammered with client work right now (as {censored}in usual), so updates are slow at the moment. and mrs. ae is comin into town this weekend for her birthday which kinda kills saturday, a day i like to dedicate to personal projects. but i should have plenty of time sunday to knock out some points on this once we get back from magic mountain (for her birthday - she likes roller coasters).

so my question to all you wonderful people using it ... what would you like to see up next? i'm thinking deeplinked track access; so like you don't have to link up your whole library but can link up an individual song. at least, that's what i'm thinking would be the most useful next build out.

anyway, again - thanks for the usage and feedback. nice to see something i've built being used and enjoyed even if it's only like, in way alpha build phase.

Archived