And then they came for me...

Music Calgary

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
Benevolent? Hey pal, Kim Jong-il thinks of himself as a Dear Leader too.
:lol:

Yeah, but there are three big differences:

1. He doesn't moderate an internet forum.
2. He's dead, or at least pretty messed up.
3. He has (had) a cool poodle haircut. I have to check to see if I still have hair.

And the final, killer difference: I am a benevolent dictator because when I dictate, if my secretary messes up, I don't shoot her. So there. (Even though I haven't had a secretary since 1989...ah, those were the days.)

• Members
No offense, but the last five posts are exactly what will get this thread closed and/or moved. I know it's in jest, but the life of this thread depends on the responsible participation from all of us involved. Thanks!

Actually, the life of this planet depends on the responsible participation of all involved.

Internet forums really do mirror real life :)

As to the Army being here, I'd be much more concerned about Blackwater, which is 1) privately held, and 2) unaccountable to the government. I've known quite a few soldiers and they most definitely do NOT buy all the stuff that's fed them.

• Members

No offense, but the last five posts are exactly what will get this thread closed and/or moved.

Just the inevitable denouement of any group conversation involving Americans anymore, i.e. "we have guns" and "we'll kill". Apparently even if it's their own troops... Bizarre.

It's amusing though. They honestly believe people are swallowing the bravado. :)

• Members

Just the inevitable denouement of any group conversation involving Americans anymore, i.e. "we have guns" and "we'll kill". Apparently even if it's their own troops... Bizarre.

It's amusing though. They honestly believe people are swallowing the bravado.
:)

==Hey, I'm just having some fun here. Of course I'm not going to last very long against the US Army with a deer rifle. One "Daisy Cutter" lobbed our way and...BOOM! Lights out.

Several thousand pissed off rednecks could make a decent show of it, though...especially when every town in a 1000 mile radius has several hundred of them. Go to any gun show and you'll see what I mean. (oh, that's right, you can't. :poke:)

I just have to laugh at your (once again) condescension addressed our way. It is Canada, not the US, that is far closer to adopting the ways of the Taliban, and fascism in general. They seem to have joined Europe in embracing Dhimmitude and racial/ethnic identity politics overall by acquiescing to the demands of radical Islam in hopes of being spared violence. Of course it didn't work for France, when several thousand of them (euphemistically referred to by a politically correct press as 'disaffected youths') burned over 100,000 cars....but hey, they tried!

http://www.canadafreepress.com/index.php/article/3478

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/06/12/us/12hate.html?_r=2&sq=adam%20liptak&st=nyt&scp=2&pagewanted=all&oref=slogin&oref=slogin

Good luck with that. :wave: And enjoy what's left of your free speech while you still have it.

• Members

Well, I see that SSS is currently up in arms about a Canadian and an Iranian telling us that our country sucks. :lol:

I mean, what's new about that? Wash, rinse, and repeat.

What I'd rather not have is SSS full of bitterness and acrimony because we allow those conversations here. If that happens, then the terrorists and Canadians have won.

• Members

Move along. Nothing to see here....

Ya know what Ken, Why is it that you can talk all day about the political strife of People in Bangladesh or India or Tibet, but we start discussing real issues that affect US, AMERICANS and you want the thread taken down? Doesn't that sound hypocritical?

Because it's getting nasty. I'd want any political thread that gets nasty to be moved to the Political Forum regardless of its topic. How that's hypocritical, I just don't know.

And so sorry that you don't consider my friends' families getting killed, imprisoned, and tortured to not be a "real" issue. They're my friends, and they happen to be Americans (not that this should even matter), and their families' welfare concerns me. I'm funny that way about friends.

I don't know why you're suddenly harassing me and calling me names, but I don't appreciate it. You caused one thread to be shut down; how much more negative attention are you going to call upon yourself?

• Members

Because it's getting nasty. I'd want any political thread that gets nasty to be moved to the Political Forum regardless of its topic. How that's hypocritical, I just don't know.

And so sorry that you don't consider my friends' families getting killed, imprisoned, and tortured to not be a "real" issue. They're my friends, and they happen to be Americans (not that this should even matter), and their families' welfare concerns me. I'm funny that way about friends.

I don't know why you're suddenly harassing me and calling me names, but I don't appreciate it. You caused one thread to be shut down; how much more negative attention are you going to call upon yourself?

HOLD ON MAN!!! PEACE!!

I was never attacking you personaly and I never said your friend's strife wasn't important...I NEVER SAID THAT!...Listen, the points I was trying to make aren't coming across and I don't possess the subtlety to get them across correctly so I apologize...I NEVER MEANT TO ATTACK YOU MAN! I was trying to Illustrate points and have discourse. I will delete my posts above.

Archived