Show me your heavy metal teles!

Rusty_Chains

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

You did that with that!?

Nice!

Would you mind giving me a rundown on how you got the rest of your sound? (effects, amp, method of recording) It sounded pretty cool through my laptop speakers

Thanks man!

It was a while back.

It would have been the highway one (bridge pup) into a Vox AD30VT on the nu metal setting with a little chorus/delay DI'd into my PC.

But honestly, you can play metal on ANYTHING!!!

:thu:

• Members

teles are for old people and rednecks, anyone slightly true to heavy metal wouldnt be caught dead with one

Also, you cocky little {censored}, it has just occurred to me that you are implying old people cant be into metal.

To your bed with no supper...THIS INSTANT!!!

• Members

:idk:

3080712459_b6fb544b3f.jpg

It's a Jay Turser modded with a GFS 'lil puncher XL, a Dream 180, 5-way switching, & flipped control plate. It'll do just about anything I want it to, but I usually reach for something else if I want to do metal...
:idk:

what kind of switch did you use? Is it a regular 5 way or is it a super switch 7 pole deal?

• Members

what kind of switch did you use? Is it a regular 5 way or is it a super switch 7 pole deal?

Its a super switch from StewMac... one of these to be precise:

Super_Switch_Detail.jpg

I've currently got it wired as follows:

1) bridge

2) bridge/ neck (split)

3) bridge/ neck (full)

4) neck full

5) neck split

I'm thinking about re-wiring it or adding a mini switch in order to split the coils on the bridge pickup & give it more of a traditional tele sound.

• Members

Also, you cocky little {censored}, it has just occurred to me that you are implying old people cant be into metal.

To your bed with no supper...THIS INSTANT!!!

well maybe i am, name one good band with an old guy in it. single coils cant do metal, they are for country rednecks who sit outside twangin on about their days in the KKK

• Members

well maybe i am, name one good band with an old guy in it. single coils cant do metal, they are for country rednecks who sit outside twangin on about their days in the KKK

Well, I would say Machine Head, but you're probably into someone like avenged sevenfold and wank off to Synyster Gates.

How old are you? It's depressing to think that people like you are the future of metal.

Also, post a clip, I want to hear you play.

• Members

Well, I would say Machine Head, but you're probably into someone like avenged sevenfold and wank off to Synyster Gates.

How old are you? It's depressing to think that people like you are the future of metal.

Also, post a clip, I want to hear you play.

:lol:

Archived