Aspartame (NutraSweet) Save Yourself!

Beck

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Then you should be protesting breast feeding and generally the consumption of milk and milk products...which are rich in phenylalanine.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phenylalanine

Is the dairy industry in cahoots with the pharmaceutical and soft drink industry on a massive cover-up here?
:rolleyes:

See, "Why Does Jesus Have a Machine Gun?"

http://acapella.harmony-central.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2122703

• Members

The OP stated they were one of the "one in 500,000" people that have a reaction. Well, the other 499,999 of us wish you would handle it and just shut up. I know people who could die if they eat a peanut, an eighth of a gram of crabmeat, or are stung by a bee. They don't tell everyone peanuts are poison. They don't advocate prohibition of shellfish. They don't call for the annihilation of all beehood. They recognize their own problem and take care to avoid things that cause them harm. They apply some discipline to their lives.

People like the OP have deprived America's youth of one of the most delightful pleasures of youth. The Public School Made In House, Fresh Baked Peanut Butter Cookie. Dee-licious. But now, little Joey , although he knows better, might accidentally ingest a crumb or two and go into anaphalactic shock, the other 499,999 children will just have to make that sacrafice. Geez. If you can't eat a peanut butter cookie or drink a diet soda, write a letter of complaint to Charles Darwin.

• Members

The OP stated they were one of the "one in 500,000" people that have a reaction. Well, the other 499,999 of us wish you would handle it and just shut up. I know people who could die if they eat a peanut, an eighth of a gram of crabmeat, or are stung by a bee. They don't tell everyone peanuts are poison. They don't advocate prohibition of shellfish. They don't call for the annihilation of all beehood. They recognize their own problem and take care to avoid things that cause them harm. They apply some discipline to their lives.

People like the OP have deprived America's youth of one of the most delightful pleasures of youth. The Public School Made In House, Fresh Baked Peanut Butter Cookie. Dee-licious. But now, little Joey , although he knows better, might accidentally ingest a crumb or two and go into anaphalactic shock, the other 499,999 children will just have to make that sacrafice. Geez. If you can't eat a peanut butter cookie or drink a diet soda, write a letter of complaint to Charles Darwin.

I can't believe I am doing this, but I gonna defend Beck.

All the things you list are natural foods (or animals).

I have Oral Allergy Syndrome: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oral_allergy_syndrome

But it would be stupid to make the argument about "not going around telling people these things are poison" (I cannot eat raw pears, apples, peaches, nectarines, cherries, watermelon, most tree nuts, or raw soy products, like soymilk)because everybody knows they are healthy and beneficial, whereas aspertame was created in a lab, by a scientist.

While do agree with you, boxorox, that typing alarmist, unsubstantiated diatribes is not the answer, either, Beck did eventually convince me that he has an adverse reaction to the substance.

• Members

I know people who could die if they eat a peanut, an eighth of a gram of crabmeat, or are stung by a bee. They don't tell everyone peanuts are poison.

Actually the schools in my area don't allow students to bring peanut butter sandwiches (or peanuts) in their lunches. This is a new world we're living in; cater to the 1 in 500,000 and make the 499,999 sacrifice their freedom.

John:rolleyes:

• 2 months later...
  • Members

Sorry to restore an old thread like this, but I haven't been on SSS for almost 3 months.

It is obvious that you are not a Phenylketonuric because you are much too articulate to be so. Phenylketonurics are usually mentally retarded...

You haven't been reading Beck's posts these last few months...:D

:badump:

• Members

You haven't been reading Beck's posts these last few months...
:D
:badump:

:lol:

Yeah, I'm the retarded one in my family... I can't break beyond 170 on standard IQ tests to save my life.

My three sisters are smarter and prettier... and crazier

• Members

It's a fake food. It is used to make other fake foods more appealing.

Sensitivities to the ingredient are a commonplace.

It required heavy handed political influence to change its approval status at the FDA including the transition team influence of Donald Rumsfeld, President and CEO of Searle.

That 10 year old MIT study that Snopes cites...

A sponsored study is less persuasive because it would not have been reported if it went the other way.

Does anyone think that a company that spun off of Monsanto Corp. - a multi-billion dollar GLOBAL pharmaceutical company is going to "let out" a truly far-reaching, double-blind, placebo controlled study? Is any research company going to spend millions to alienate themselves & go up against Monsanto and its cronies? Absolutely not. I say this as an educated chemist, not an internet alarmist.

Nonetheless, my eye doctor completes occular tests on military pilots for the nearby Air Force Base. It is his expert opinion that Nutrasweet's breakdown products cause cataracts and/or accelerate their formation. Its a flag question for men flying top machines - to look a little closer at any marked sight degredation. But then - like Dave Mustaine said "military intelligence: two words combined that can't make sense"...:rolleyes:

One of my Biochemistry instructors stated to me that she won't consume Nutrasweet. How is she an expert? She's freakin' smart enough to have skipped her Masters & go from Undergrad to PhD @ Cornell University.

I personally feel Ace-K is an acceptable risk -versus killing my pancreas with regular corn syrup soda - for me. :thu:

Archived