Aspartame (NutraSweet) Save Yourself!

Beck

• Members

That's the second time that link has been posted in this thread. FWIW the head line of the Snopes article is: "The artificial sweetner aspertame has been proved responsible for an
epidemic of cancer, brain tumors and multiple sclerosis
."

None of this was claimed by the OP...

You're wrong!!

I think it's the 3rd time! :)

Seems to apply regardless of what particulars the OP claimed, does it not? The OP also said: I didn

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Btw, Coke has 24 patents on stevia...

Funny thing about Coca-Cola.

(...and they always deny all of this)

You'll never see them remove the "Classic" from regular Coke, because it doesn't contain sugar, so legally, it's not the "original formula", like they claim.

Coke execs have been questioned on this and they swear up and down there is "no difference" in the taste of COke sweetened with HFCS compared to sugar.

However...buy a bottle of Coke from a Mexican store, and it says "Coca-Cola."

There's no "Classic" anywhere to be found.

The sweetener in Mexico-bottled Coke is sugar, not HFCS.

If you're too young to remember Coke or Sprite, Pepsi, or whatever when it was made with sugar, do yourself a favor and try it.

You will quickly be doing all of your soft drink buying at el supermercado.

Yes, I am diabetic, but I will treat myself to a "real" Coke, every now and then...and add an extra couple of units of insulin to my syringe.

• Members

Don't know much about physics but I can point out a charlatan on an attention seeking campaign without too much trouble.

What did he look like? Which way did he go? If you see him again please tell an adult.

Actually I think it's all kinda funny, but despite that it's still wankery.

Speaking of adults, when I was a little kid and relatives were over for Thanksgiving or something, the adults would talk about what adults talk about. Whatever they were talking about, whether disagreeing or not, it seemed like so much wankery to us because we didn't understand it.

So we children would all go down to the basement and play or talk about things we could understand. The basement was more or less a live 60

• Members

What did he look like? Which way did he go? If you see him again please tell an adult.

Speaking of adults, when I was a little kid and relatives were over for Thanksgiving or something, the adults would talk about what adults talk about. Whatever they were talking about, whether disagreeing or not, it seemed like so much wankery to us because we didn't understand it.

So we children would all go down to the basement and play or talk about things we could understand. The basement was more or less a live 60

• Members

• Members

Funny thing about Coca-Cola.

This is mostly addressed in the Snopes article on New Coke. Coke could change its formula, and keep the old branding if they wanted, so your argument lacks any merit on its face. I don't know about Mexican Coke formulation, but cane sugar is more volatile in price and more difficult to dissolve than corn syrup regardless of what county it's in, so I'd suspect that is also untrue.

However, Coke from a glass bottle tastes different/better to me, regardless of country of origin. I've had both Mexican and domestice bottled coke, they sem the same. Since all the Mexican Coke I've seen is in a glass bottle, that would explain the taste difference.

• Members

Y'know, Beck, I agreed with your original post. In fact, I also posted that I have a reaction to aspartame, backing up the original statement that different people will (or won't) have different reactions. I was with you until you decided that someone not agreeing with you was the target of your boundless rage.

It's not always necessary for an adult to come out the winner. That's usually the position that children and adolescents take.

• Members

Y'know, Beck, I agreed with your original post. In fact, I also posted that I have a reaction to aspartame, backing up the original statement that different people will (or won't) have different reactions. I was with you until you decided that someone
not
agreeing with you was the target of your boundless rage.

It's not always necessary for an adult to come out the winner. That's usually the position that children and adolescents take.

Yeah, that's what the other children think. :rolleyes:

:cop:

:facepalm:

:wave:

• Members

I have to admit, that's pretty darn funny.

Saw your band last night. You guys rock!

IMG_9302.JPG

Yep, that's us! I'm the one in the middle playing bagpipes. You can't see me because that photo was taken of our reflection in a mirror.

• Members

This is mostly addressed in the Snopes article on New Coke.

What does that have to do with my post?

Coke could change its formula, and keep the old branding if they wanted, so your argument lacks any merit on its face.

Argument? Again...what the hell are you talking about?

I don't know about Mexican Coke formulation, but cane sugar is more volatile in price and more difficult to dissolve than corn syrup regardless of what county it's in, so I'd suspect that is also untrue.

You want to know the Mexican Coke formulation?

:::grabs a bottle - reads ingredients:::

"Agua Cabonatada, Azucar, Acido Fosforico, Sabores Naturales, Caffeina"

(carbonated water, sugar, phosphoric acid, natural flavors, caffeine)

Wow...that's nice and simple. Looks even better, en Espanol.

However, Coke from a glass bottle tastes different/better to me, regardless of country of origin. I've had both Mexican and domestice bottled coke, they sem the same. Since all the Mexican Coke I've seen is in a glass bottle, that would explain the taste difference.

We can't help it if you have an infantile palatte.

Seriously...get one of each.

Notice how sticky and even "oily" the HFCS -sweetened Coke (or any other soft drink, for that matter), and how the sweetness kind of "hangs around" on your tastebuds?

Now try the sugar-sweetened Coke, and note the "crispness" and "dryness" of the finish...no sticky/oily consistency...and the cola flavors linger on your tongue, instead of the sweetness.

• Members

Coke did not change the name of Coke to Coke Classic because of sweetener. The reasons why they did are in the snopes article. Your post was factually untrue in that regard. Moreover, your claim that they had to change the name because of the switch to corn syrup ( which occurred long before the name change) is nonsensical.I do not know if Mexican Coke is formulated differently, but I doubt it uses cane sugar, for economic reasons. I find Coke in glass bottles to be better than that from cans or plastic bottles, but I don't know why that might be.

There, I repeated the post. What was confusing?

• Members

Coke did not change the name of Coke to Coke Classic because of sweetener. The reasons why they did are in the snopes article. Your post was factually untrue in that regard. Moreover, your claim that they had to change the name because of the switch to corn syrup ( which occurred long before the name change) is nonsensical.I do not know if Mexican Coke is formulated differently, but I doubt it uses cane sugar, for economic reasons. I find Coke in glass bottles to be better than that from cans or plastic bottles, but I don't know why that might be.

There, I repeated the post. What was confusing?

What was confusing?

Pretty much everything you said. :idk:

You totally miscomprehended my post.

And, as far as you ignorantly doubting the existence of sugar-sweetened Coke, this article came up in less than a second after I typed in "Coke Mexico Sugar" into the search box.

http://www.theconglomerate.org/2006/01/coke_with_sugar.html

And, as far as you not finding any difference in Mexican and American-produced Coke, I'll leave you with the very first post from the "Comments" section.

"...but anyone who can't taste the difference between Coke with sugar and Coke with High Fructose Corn Syrup probably can't tell the difference between aged cheddar and Eazy-Cheez."

• Members

And, as far as you not finding any difference in Mexican and American-produced Coke, I'll leave you with the very first post from the "Comments" section.

"...but anyone who can't taste the difference between Coke with sugar and Coke with High Fructose Corn Syrup probably can't tell the difference between aged cheddar and Eazy-Cheez."

I've never A/B-ed Mexican and domestic glass-bottled Coke, but I have stated twice preiviously that I great prefer either of them over canned or plastic bottled Coke.

Archived