Post your Floyd Rose equipped guitar!

zantor9

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Oh really? It doesnt look like a Fernandes...I like the mods though.

Not anymore. The body, tuners, and that chunk of pickguard are all that's left of the Fernandes. I've obviously stripped the body (actually, my brother did) and repainted it, put a Gotoh Floyd on it, and a 5150-style neck from Customwoods on it.

• Members

Wow how does that Xiphos play? i would think it's too bottom heavy...i DO hear that the Edge III bridge is almost as good as OFR

Edge III was a piece of shit IMO, that's an OFR on there now. :lol:

I sanded down the neck, and oil finished it, so it plays very fast now. The tone isn't very dark at all, must be the maple from the neckthrough. ;)

• Members

Edge III was a piece of shit IMO, that's an OFR on there now.
:lol:

I sanded down the neck, and oil finished it, so it plays very fast now. The tone isn't very dark at all, must be the maple from the neckthrough.
;)

Good call on that :lol: OFR is the way to go. Good call on the oil finish too. I do prefer the neck thru tone but when i get a bolt on neck that's easy enough to get around the block in the back, then they kick ass. I actually have a licensed FR on my Dean but it plays surprising nice for being a $300 (new) guitar.

• Members

Good call on that
:lol:
OFR is the way to go. Good call on the oil finish too. I do prefer the neck thru tone but when i get a bolt on neck that's easy enough to get around the block in the back, then they kick ass. I actually have a licensed FR on my Dean but it plays surprising nice for being a $300 (new) guitar.

All my other guitars have the big old strat heel. :lol: Really, if they'd offered the bolt-on Xiphos in white I might've gotten that instead, just because I wouldn't have had to sand through 1mm of finish on the neck. :facepalm:

Archived