Harmony Central Forums
Announcement
Collapse
No announcement yet.

YES! Yacht Rock Radio is BACK on XM!

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • YES! Yacht Rock Radio is BACK on XM!

    I was trying to find a Youtube recording of the guy that does the bumpers in the exaggerated "Thurston Howell III" voice but could only find this old promo. Just hilarious comments that must have been a blast to write, like somehow oblivious to the fact that not everyone in the world owns a yacht etc., or "ooooo that tune is sooo yachtty", "...a bunch of tunes by dudes with mustaches and feathered hair"." I`ve heard "Peg" at least twice in the last 24 hours.
    Last edited by redEL34; 05-31-2019, 11:31 AM.

  • #2
    I'm fluffing up my chest hairs and polishing up my gold necklaces as we speak!

    Comment


    • #3
      I'm glad for you.
      George Washington was the man who never told a lie. Richard Nixon was the man who never told the truth. Donald Trump is the man who doesn't know the difference.
      Venezuela is what happens when you have Trump without the Madison.

      Comment


      • #4
        Cool! Another entire group of people and musicians to look down on! Awesome!
        ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
        Originally Posted by MattACaster : *Runs 2 blocks down the street to Guitar Center, grabs detuned Schecter off the wall, plugs into Line6 Spider and proceeds to bring teh brootalz*

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by flemtone View Post
          Cool! Another entire group of people and musicians to look down on! Awesome!
          How is listening to a channel dedicated to the music "looking down upon them"?

          Part of being a Yacht Rock fan (which I proudly am) is having the ability to embrace the term. Keep it fun. It's just music, people.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Hoot Owl View Post
            I'm glad for you.
            Thank you!

            Comment


            • #7
              I simply must tell Biff and Chip the grand news!

              Comment


              • #8
                For those who aren't in the know and don't know if a song is Yacht or nyacht, you can always check this website...


                https://www.yachtornyacht.com/

                **********

                "Look at it this way: think of how stupid the average person is, and then realize half of 'em are stupider than that."
                - George Carlin

                "It shouldn't be expected that people are necessarily doing what they appear to be doing on records."
                - Sir George Martin, All You Need Is Ears

                "The music business will be revitalized by musicians, not the labels or Live Nation. When the musicians decide to put music first, instead of money, the public will flock to the fruits and the scene will be healthy again."
                - Bob Lefsetz, The Lefsetz Letter

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by guido61 View Post

                  How is listening to a channel dedicated to the music "looking down upon them"?

                  Part of being a Yacht Rock fan (which I proudly am) is having the ability to embrace the term. Keep it fun. It's just music, people.
                  Let's see...
                  You're for yacht rock and you're against Ozzy. What does that tell us?
                  Hmmm...


                  George Washington was the man who never told a lie. Richard Nixon was the man who never told the truth. Donald Trump is the man who doesn't know the difference.
                  Venezuela is what happens when you have Trump without the Madison.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Phil O'Keefe View Post
                    For those who aren't in the know and don't know if a song is Yacht or nyacht, you can always check this website...


                    https://www.yachtornyacht.com/
                    Hey, Bill Champlin's on the list. I like me some Sons.
                    Last edited by Hoot Owl; 05-31-2019, 04:32 PM.
                    George Washington was the man who never told a lie. Richard Nixon was the man who never told the truth. Donald Trump is the man who doesn't know the difference.
                    Venezuela is what happens when you have Trump without the Madison.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Phil O'Keefe View Post
                      For those who aren't in the know and don't know if a song is Yacht or nyacht, you can always check this website...


                      https://www.yachtornyacht.com/
                      Hey, I don't need no silly website to tell me what's Yacht or Nyacht. I know for myself!

                      Part of the fun of Yacht Rock is deciding what is Yacht or Nyacht and why. Setting your own definitions. A friend and I listened to this station on a long drive last summer deciding whether each song or artist was truly Yacht and to what degree.

                      I'll bet this one doesn't even make that website's list! But what good is a trip on your yacht without a smoooooth instrumental after sailing back to port?

                      And the album cover seals the deal!



                      Last edited by Vito Corleone; 05-31-2019, 04:39 PM.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Hoot Owl View Post
                        Hey, Bill Champlin's on the list. I like me some Sons.
                        Champlin is the guy mixing the drinks on the yacht bar. He's there for every trip!

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Hoot Owl View Post
                          Let's see...
                          You're for yacht rock and you're against Ozzy. What does that tell us?
                          Hmmm...

                          I like people who can sing in tune?

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            I never heard of "Yacht Rock", so I looked it up. It seems to have occurred during a period of time when I had developed an intense disdain for popular culture. I still harbor those feelings. That is not intended to be a slam toward anyone's tastes, just my choice.

                            Even though it is not from that era, it seems that "Sloop John B" should be on the list. I like that song.
                            "Gimme a Pigfoot and a Bottle of Beer"

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by williegoat View Post
                              I never heard of "Yacht Rock", so I looked it up. It seems to have occurred during a period of time when I had developed an intense disdain for popular culture. I still harbor those feelings. That is not intended to be a slam toward anyone's tastes, just my choice.

                              Even though it is not from that era, it seems that "Sloop John B" should be on the list. I like that song.
                              Not every song about a boat qualifies as 'yacht rock', my friend. And most of what the Beach Boys did was not yacht.

                              But the one of theirs that probably comes the closest is this:


                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X