VOM1T- Name change perhaps?

Neal

• Members

Oh my. iPad woes. Erased everything on editing the topic title. The gist of it is the name. Do you really feel good putting your heart and soul out there in a topic pertaining to the regurgitation of undigested peas and beer? Not I. Never could stand the name.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

Phoenix from the ashes? I never gave it much thought. Names. How about George? It's a good manly name. It could represent any genre. Hmmm. It doesn't conjure up an image of a guitar player, though. Busker Station? Minstrel Monthly? The Troubadour Floor? Hacker Hall?

• Members

You create a mix, though. That's a process of multiple sessions.

With me it's just a guitar and voice. If I don't know a song well enough to record it once-around why bother? Who would? I can see a noob making a recording of his progress to get some feedback.

The VOM alone was unrealistic for a forum that doesn't have the stuff called desire to consistently flesh it out. I mean, this forum is older than some of it's members and those who've been here over that period of time have not seen a progression in skills indicative of a desire to play and display.

But, we've managed to talk tonal bridge pins more times than I remember. Kinda sad, kinda pathetic and musically derelict.

• Members

IIRC, the VOM was an offshoot of an idea to create a CD of music by Forum members and the proposed title of the CD was "Things We Has Done" or something similar. I made a cover for it that was a collage of people's avatars. The CD never got made but the VOM is there and the title is still available.

Archived