Current GAS

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Current GAS

Image result for vintage v 72

I've never even seen one let alone play one ,but I'm liking it. Not quite sure about the Strat headstock but it's not a deal breaker either

Try it, if you can find one.

I believe they are made in China, or Vietnam. UK imported by

https://www.jhs.co.uk/

https://reverb.com/uk/item/1931717-v...lectric-guitar

https://www.guitarplayer.com/gear/vi...lectric-models

also
    http://www.musiciansfriend.com/guita...ge.rr1|ClickCP

Posts as of Jan 10th 2013: 82,617

Comment

Originally posted by Mikeo View Post
      The G&L is pretty good but I really prefer a mini in the neck
      I've also considered building what I want

Comment

Originally posted by gardo View Post

There ya go.
        If you have the ability to do so, I would. Then you got a lifetime keeper with something you made.

Posts as of Jan 10th 2013: 82,617

Comment

Very tasty looking. And I thought my GAS was in remission. Seems Thai shop I frequent now and then has them on their list (don't know if actually in stock). If you find and get one, we want a full report, please.
          [Weloveshopping.com] Vintage V72FTB Vintage Reissued V72 With a wonderful blend of ‘old’ and ‘new era’ the Vintage V72FTB features a neck mounted Wilkinson WDG mini double coil pickup, which produces a focussed broad spectrum tone, allied to the classic voice of a Wilkinson Alnico V WVTB housed in a Wilkinson WTB bridge, with its cold rolled steel ‘ashtray’ base and intonated brass saddles. VINTAGE®V72Top: Book Matched Flame Maple VeneerBody: American Alder with Acoustic ChambersNeck: One-Piece Hard Maple – Bolt OnF
          I was kicked out of music class for passing notes...
          Tuned out, turned in and dropped off

Comment

• gardo
            gardo commented
            Editing a comment
            There are no dealers in my area ,maybe I can get to the show in Philly to check it out.

To confuse matters, there is a double bound one and an unbound one....
          Music is a moral law. It gives soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination, and charm and gaiety to life and to everything. - Plato

Comment

No more guitar GAS for me. I bought 4 solid-body electric guitars in 2017.
            3 Gibsons & 1 Fender. (1 was for a son.)

So I'm pretty-well set now.
            Last edited by Etienne Rambert; 01-18-2018, 09:09 AM.
            He has escaped! Youtube , ​Murika , France

Comment

why is it, that my guitar G.A.S. is always above $900 or way beyond? why is there never something in the $500 or below range?
              and why do my actual needs (realistic view of my self how much play time the potential purchase would get), not justifiing the high price nor the low price purchase?

Comment

• t_e_l_e
                t_e_l_e commented
                Editing a comment
                anything left handed? not in colors of black, white or sunburst? anything better what i already own?

being left handed is also some form of controlling you g.a.s.

things i have a little g.a.s. for:
                a 12string
                some of the eastwood airline guitars, but the ones above $900 and not the cheaper models *shrugs*
                would love if freeman could make me an accoustic guitar

but none if it is justifiable, as none would get much play time and use and i will not sell any of what i own, as it is hard to find a buyer, specially if you want a fair price...

only a danelectro dc59 would fit, but it is already so lond on my g.a.s. list, that maybe it is really not the droid i'm looking for

• Freeman Keller
                Freeman Keller commented
                Editing a comment
                I'd only build you an acoustic if I could deliver it in person.

• t_e_l_e
                t_e_l_e commented
                Editing a comment
                ^problem is, i don't really need another accoustic, though i do not have a 12string.

i'd love to have a martin d41 with lots of bling but not as much as a d45-bling, but $5k for a guitar is crazy

but my two accoustics that i have are most of the time in their stands and not used, i don't need another one standing around in a stand or in a case

Originally posted by gardo View Post

Maybe I can help lead you astray. I've got a set of plans for a thinline tele, a copy could be made....

Comment

Originally posted by Freeman Keller View Post

Maybe I can help lead you astray. I've got a set of plans for a thinline tele, a copy could be made....
                Intriguing . I may take early retirement this year so it's a possibility.

Comment

• Freeman Keller
                  Freeman Keller commented
                  Editing a comment
                  You could make the head any shape you want and install any kind of pickups your little heart desires. Choice of wood, finish, binding.......

• gardo
                  gardo commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I'm still considering the possibilities The option to retire is months away so there's plenty of time to research the project.
              Working...
              X