Mr. 335

onelife

• Members

I saw him with Robben Ford a few years ago. Great show in a small venue. Got to visit with both of them for a bit after the show.

Larry and Robben are two of a very small handfull of guitarists that can hold my interest soloing for more than 16 bars.

• Members

I first heard him with The Crusaders back in the early '70s.

I thought "that guy knows everything about the guitar but he just closes his eyes and plays" - it changed my approach to the instrument.

I listen to a lot of blues guitarists who express pain and anguish in their playing but, to me, the outro solo in "Kid Charlemagne" expresses pure joy.

I first heard him with The Crusaders back in the early '70s.

I thought "that guy knows everything about the guitar but he just closes his eyes and plays" - it changed my approach to the instrument.

I listen to a lot of blues guitarists who express pain and anguish in their playing but, to me, the outro solo in "Kid Charlemagne" expresses pure joy.

As I understand it, that was all cut in a single take too. It's an amazing performance.

• Members

This is from a long time ago (1986) and I found it/bought it while researching the guitarists for my favorite Steely Dan songs. One of my favorite albums, it contains two covers from Miles Davis' Kind of Blue, my all-time favorite album.

[video=youtube;yBFvcExx_IY]

Archived