Harmony Central Forums
Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

My Agile purchases ( They can be Great guitars)

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Agile purchases ( They can be Great guitars)

Thinking on my Agile purchases, Most of them have turned out less than happy. Out of 5 agiles (An AL2500, An AL3000M Prestige, An ST-1000,
    An AL 2000 Goldtop P-90s, and an DC 2800 w/uniform profile neck).
    The 2500 was decent. The AL 3000M prestige needed a major fret level and the bone nut was useless. The St 1000 (their flagship strat copy at the time) though with GREAT hardware and pickups needed to have the neck shimmed right away as the strings hit the saddles at the wrong angle making the guitar sound dead and lifeless untill the neck was repositioned. The AL 2800 DC had the neck literally fall off after 6 months and I found that it was only glued with a speck of glue.
    Suprizingly enough that is the only agile I've kept as I reset the neck, Put in a set of 490r 498t gibson pickups and I really like that one (shouldn't need to reset a neck though!!).
    The Goldtop was perfect right out of the box and needed nothing save a bit of intonation adjustment And sounded EXCELLENT ($159.00 guitar!!!).
    Not a good track record I'd say.
    Unfortunately they do use excellent materials and have a good sound stock. All these issues I've described are really Q/C issues and that's unfortunate.
    Even after all this rant I'd say Rondo is a very good dealer and has the best customer support in the buisness.
    Mabye I've been the unluckiest Agile buyer in the world?
    If only I was all thumbs

http://acapella.harmony-central.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1922466
    Originally Posted by tinwhisker

tone is in the stfu

Originally Posted by saktr-iyko

i'm both a smart ass and correct

Comment

http://acapella.harmony-central.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1922466

Yup That's why I reposted it. It's important don't ya think?
      I'm not some troll trying to dis Agiles.
      I'm posting my experiences with them prominently. I think it's relevent and important, don't you?
      I may have a lot of money to throw away on guitars but what about those who will only be able to purchase one guitar for years of use.
      This may be useful to them ... No?
      If only I was all thumbs

Comment

just pokin' a little fun.... it's definitly good info for the new buyer!!!

tone is in the stfu

Comment

just pokin' a little fun.... it's definitly good info for the new buyer!!!

It's cool bro.
          Love your avatar

If only I was all thumbs

Comment

So, Would you still consider buyin another Agile??? Seems at first, Everyone loved 'em and recommended 'em. Now it seems like the "fad" has worn off

(ps, I'd have given ANYTHING to see the look on your face when that neck popped off, I'd have **************** if it happened to me)

tone is in the stfu

Comment

Jhall, let me get this straight:

You've had troubles with Agile so you bought *five* of them? When you don't find QC issues, how many of a given brand do you buy?

Comment

I'd say you are pretty unlucky. Sorry.
                I buy new and used Agiles, and have never had a problem. Probably 10 of them.
                DC in DC

Originally Posted by Mike Fiasco

DIY, the ultimate in wankery. Actually, wankery is the ultimate in DIY.

SPAM: My eBay Auctions!

My Good Dealings with, SPAM Thread, & Signature Quotes post

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                HCEG PLATINUM TRADER

Comment

Making good music from an Agile guitar is not a problem.
                  It depends on the player.
                  I've found that the hardware on Agile guitars justifies the price.
                  i have come to the conclusion that he is some form of god. no mere mortal has that many guitars/pedals/amp/anything. "It boggles my mind. His collection is the most glorious and true expression of GAS.To each his own though. Amazing collection of beauties. It takes some seriously messed up OCD to compile a collection like that.I hate BBreaker. Damn, I hate him.Suck it.We learned that bbreaker is some sort of god. A god of whine.fk this guy.

Comment

The AL 3000M prestige needed a major fret level and the bone nut was useless.

The St 1000 (their flagship strat copy at the time) though with GREAT hardware and pickups needed to have the neck shimmed right away as the strings hit the saddles at the wrong angle making the guitar sound dead and lifeless untill the neck was repositioned.

The AL 2800 DC had the neck literally fall off after 6 months and I found that it was only glued with a speck of glue.

I'm sorry, but how can you possibly praise a brand that produces guitars like you are describing? Talk about some ****************ed up double speak.. I bet if Gibson made guitars like that, every person on this board would be all over them for it. But since it's Agile, the HCEG house brand that's adored beyond all reason, it's ok.. It's like the more work you guys have to put into making your guitars remotely playable, the more you like them.
                    Signature...

Comment

For the price, I would expect to have to do a little tinkering, but when I'm finished adjusting a few things, it plays really good and makes me glad I didn't waste thousands of dollars on a Gibson.

I have only had to adjust the intonation and action on my 3 however. Nothing major.
                      Originally Posted by Frets99

All guitars cost $300.
                      What you pay depends on the headstock.

Comment

I have to agree that you are unlucky jhall. I have only bought 4 Agiles, but NONE had issues such as yours! In fact out of 8 SX guitars and 7 SX basses, only one came anywhere close to that level of issues! BTW it is now one of my favorite guitars!
                        SX SEG1STD,KY1 (CUS22,ASH22,STD24),STL50,SST (57,Ash,SE,LTD2),GG1LTD2,GG6CUS,GG7CUS,SJB75C4+1 (fretted,fretless),SJB (2-57,2-62),SPJ62,2-SB301 (fretted,fretless)
                        Douglas Shadow,WRL590,TL100,WOB826,WPB955,2-WPB980
                        Brice Z6 (fretted,fretless)
                        Agile AL2000 (minihum,prail),AL2500 (Albino,12) ,AL3000 (reg,neck-thru)
                        Squier Affinity Tele,Deluxe Jazz V
                        Oscar Schmidt OE40
                        Raven RP450,Yamaha BB404,Switch Signature Wild IV
                        First Act VE591,semi-hollow; PRS SE (Custom, Soapbar II,semi-hollow)

Comment

And I'm not really a stickler for Q/C either. I bought 5 of them because I purchase mabye 250 guitars a year. (music store partner). And I'm very intrigued by all the "low cost" imports. And Agile ARE Great values. I think they could do a little better on Q/C.
                          I'm thinking it's a problem of small run builders as opposed to the big names that make tens of thousands of them per run. And I'm an idiot too What's it to ya?!
                          Besides the one where the neck came off is now better than it was when I got it as the neck agle is now perfect and the guitar itself is just to die for.
                          Just wish I didn't have to set the damn neck. Is that too much to ask.
                          Also I can't imagine I'm just unlucky with Agiles. I mean what are the odds that I'm the only one to have problems with nearly all of them.
                          I'm just trying to let the people who may only have one shot at a guitar to steer clear of thier higher end stuff because I find it to be no better than their lower cost offerings as far as Q/c. And all this nonsense about "hand filed frets" Is a myth because they must have a drunk with a hardware store coarse grit stone that has been used for 5 years with no flattening because those "hand filed " frets on their 2800 and up offerings is a joke.
                          I really think it is an unnessarry waste of effort. I have a feeling what it really is is someone rougeing the frets a little after they are machined.

As I said they really do use top notch stuff on their guitars and the CNC work is excellent. This leaves only the "human" element to my thinking.
                          If only I was all thumbs

Comment

I have two Al300's, one was perfect, the other had minor buzz on one fret which I solved with a little sandpaper, it also had very minor blemishes near the headstock, but Kurt compensated me for that, now that I have it set up it is fantastic. The main upgrade I recommend is new pickups. The 3000's are pehnomenal guitars for the money, even when they need some tinkering. As with all new guitars they usually benefit greatly from a good set up.

Comment

I usually end up modding my guitars with new pickups and wiring whether they are expensive or not so Agiles are great for me. A nice platform for a guy who thinks 90% of the sound is in the pickups anyway.
                              Originally Posted by DToad:

Lets face it- today's GOP is all about the richest one percent exploiting the dumbest fifty percent.

Comment

Working...
                              X