Harmony Central Forums
Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Aria Diamond DM 380 (Ventures type model)

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aria Diamond DM 380 (Ventures type model)

Being a Ventures freak I'm seriously thinking about getting one of these. In my past fondling of Aria guitars they seem well made.

Does anyone have one of these or encountered one in person? I'd like to have your thoughts.

BTW, when I first joined HCEG I had one guitar and one amp. Check out my gear below. This is what throwing in with you fanatics has done to me!

http://www.zzounds.com/item--ARIDM380
    "Bend it til it sounds right!"

There is a couple of ARIA semi hollows I would love to check out but the new ARIA's seem pretty hard to come by.
    My gear thread:
    http://acapella.harmony-central.com/....php?t=1625196

www.myspace.com/zedthez
    www.myspace.com/pusserqchc
    www.myspace.com/distemperqchc
    www.myspace.com/rocketparkrip20042008
    webcast of ZED:
    http://www.ustream.tv/recorded/2375190

Comment

I have an Aria Ventures 2000 Model (the Gerry McGee model), that is a lot like a Strat with active pickups, but the body is almost Tele shaped. It has a nice neck with a 7.5" radious, it's a really nice, unique guitar.
      I've found Aria to be all over the map quality-wise. This looks like a really cool guitar, but I'd be wary because the price is so low.
      I believe Aria builds the Wilson Bros. guitars. Those are really cool. Eastwood makes some decent quality Mosrite style guitars as well, I've played those and they are pretty nice.

Comment

Hell, yeah!!!! At that price???????????????? The Wilson Bros. guitars are cool, too. They are more like a Mosrite/Strat hybrid.
        HCGB #332 YAMAHOLIC

Originally Posted by mistersully

if i was in the jungle and got stuck in quicksand... and someone reached out to me with that guitar and said "here, grab hold of this and i'll pull you out"... i'd try and remember the good times when the grainy goo filled my ears and nostrils

Comment

No white?

I'd GOTTA have white!

Those are pretty nice prices. There was a guy on my local craigslist selling an Eastwood for $350 with a HSC, but I couldn't quite pull the trigger.
          Originally Posted by Doctor Morbius:

"When it comes to gear vs talent I'll be the first to admit that I sit in the Mayor's seat in Poserville."

Comment

Wow, I didn't know those existed. I have a friend who loves the look, but can't afford any of the other Mosrite type guitars, so let him know about those.
            There's only two things I'm afraid of---women, and the the C7+9+11 Chord.

Comment

Be sure to check out the Eastwood models too.
              ♪ Cats 'n' Strats, 'cause that's how I roll

I Surf therefore I am.
              Strat Blender Pot Modification HERE

Originally Posted by Mike Eldred, Fender Custom Shop

The discussion about nitro (and many things on forums like these) is largely based on folklore, innuendo, and assumption that it "sounds better". Poppycock.

Comment

I had an Eastwood for awhile:

I thought it was a bit overpriced for a chinese guitar at the time and needed some serious fretwork when I got it which was ultimately paid for by the vendor. It broke tons of strings until I put graphtech saddles on too. Had to lose the P90 as well.
                My gear thread:

www.myspace.com/zedthez
                webcast of ZED:

Comment

^^^ I had the baritone model, it was labeled Jay Turser though. The fretboard was bound so no sharp fret ends on it. Got rid of it though since I didn't know that it's a baritone model when I bought it, couldn't get used to it. Had gotten it for super cheap in China, less than $100 IIRC.

-- Rainer

My Guitars (Updated 2011/07/02) • Schecter Society • Yamaholic • Reverend Congregation
                  G&L Militia • Captain in the SG Army in Rock 'N' Roll alliance with the Mazi Bee Militia
                  Beware of my Teutonic Terror

Comment

I had an Eastwood for awhile...

I thought it was a bit overpriced for a chinese guitar at the time ....

I had always assumed that the Eastwoods were Korean made---mostly because of their prices (seemed too high for Chinese made, to me).

Am I wrong on that? Or does it depend on which "vintage" Eastwood we're talking about?
                    There's only two things I'm afraid of---women, and the the C7+9+11 Chord.

Comment

Eastwoods <$500 = MIC IIRC.
                      -- Rainer

My Guitars (Updated 2011/07/02) • Schecter Society • Yamaholic • Reverend Congregation
                      G&L Militia • Captain in the SG Army in Rock 'N' Roll alliance with the Mazi Bee Militia

Comment

Eastwoods <$500 = MIC IIRC.

Yeah I would imagine it depends on which model we talk about.
                        Damn, Arkay, that Turser was very cool as well for a cheapie. Mine was somewhere near $370ish.
                        My gear thread:

www.myspace.com/zedthez
                        webcast of ZED:

Comment

Yeah I would imagine it depends on which model we talk about.
                          Damn, Arkay, that Turser was very cool as well for a cheapie. Mine was somewhere near $370ish.

I would have kept it, but the scale threw me totally off. It was basically a Sidejack Baritone with different knobs and logo.

-- Rainer

Comment

I had an orignal sixties aria diamond
                            http://www.reverbnation.com/snakeislandarego

Comment

Wilson Bros are made by Aria and those have a good rep

stuff:
                              52RI Tele
                              Gibson SG 1970s Tribute
                              more stuff:
                              65 Twin Reverb Reissue
                              Cox Tweed Deluxe Ultimate

The REAL Angry

Comment

Working...
                              X