Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Too many electrics - need to thin the herd

So, I've got 9 electrics, maybe not many compared to some guys on here, but I need some space, so have to thin the herd. However, it's like selling your children so give me your opinions on what I should get rid of - looking to sell at least 3. I won't give you any info on anything sentimental about these so you can give me a rational opinion!

Left to right:
    Epiphone Dot - Pelham Blue
    Gibson Les Paul '08 Standard - Honey burst
    Gibson 50's Tribute Humbucker - Honey burst
    Edwards Les Paul Custom - Alpine White
    Epiphone Les Paul Custom - Alpine White
    Hohner Rockwood Les Paul - Repainted
    Built by me - Metallic grey
    Line 6 Variax - Daphne Blue
    Squier Telecaster Custom II - Black
    Current: Vox AC30VR, Gibson Les Paul Standard, Edwards Les Paul Custom, Squier VM Telecaster Custom II, Line 6 Variax 600, Davis Stefocaster, Taylor 414ce, Taylor Baby

First thing I notice is that you have 2 white LP customs. Methinks you coud start there by selling one of them off.
    www.maverickguitar.ca

Comment

First thing I notice is that you have 2 white LP customs. Methinks you coud start there by selling one of them off.

Yup, dump the Epi LP custom. Who wants a rosewood board on an LP Custom anyway?
      >>>Click here for my list of smooooov deals!

Comment

I'd get rid of the non-Gibson Les Pauls, unless the ones you have are somehow very tonally different from your two Gibsons.

I'm in the same boat myself. I'm trying to get rid of a bunch of lower-end guitars and buy a couple of nicer ones.
        My gear: '92 Rickenbacker 360 Mapleglo BT, '11 Ric 620 Fireglo, '09 Tele Deluxe RI w/ Curtis Novak WRHBs, '10 American Special Strat, Vox AC15, ten fingers.

Comment

Nice collection but I do see some overlapping.
          Death leaves a heartache no one can heal
          Love leaves a memory no one can steal

Comment

Sell everything but the '08 Standard.

Comment

nine guitars, and not a single one with single coils?

Comment

Keep the Variax. The Hohner looks badass, keep it. Keep one of the Gibsons unless you play both regularly, and sell all the other Les Pauls unless one of them really offers something the others don't. I imagine you'll keep the home build, and the Dot is a option to have. If you love the Tele, keep it. Otherwise, set it free.

Comment

Keep the Variax. The Hohner looks badass, keep it. Keep one of the Gibsons unless you play both regularly, and sell all the other Les Pauls unless one of them really offers something the others don't. I imagine you'll keep the home build, and the Dot is a option to have. If you love the Tele, keep it. Otherwise, set it free.

Comment

These two for a start, as you have better but similar in other guitars there.

Epiphone Les Paul Custom - Alpine White
                    One MIA Fender Strat, one Gibson Les Paul, one Martin Acoustic, what more do you need?

http://i1099.photobucket.com/albums/...ps92b32f13.gif

Comment

No single coils - well, the Squier has p90s and the homebrew has taps. The variax covers strat and tele sounds when I need them. Used to have an American std strat a while back, but couldn't justify it for how little I played it.

Some of the LPs definitely have to go. Thinking the 50s tribute, the Epi custom and the hohner - it does look badass but is bolt on and doesn't get played when I've got all the rest.

The 08 standard only arrived last week, that's staying!!!
                      Current: Vox AC30VR, Gibson Les Paul Standard, Edwards Les Paul Custom, Squier VM Telecaster Custom II, Line 6 Variax 600, Davis Stefocaster, Taylor 414ce, Taylor Baby

Comment

Keep:

Epiphone Dot - Pelham Blue
                        Gibson Les Paul '08 Standard - Honey burst

Done.
                        The Collection Thus Far:
                        2010 PRS 25th Anniv. Mira (USA)
                        2005 Limited Edition Antigua Stratocaster Reissue (CIJ)
                        2001 Martin DC-15E (USA)

Comment

I would ditch:
                          The Hohner
                          The White Epi LP
                          The 50's Tribute LP

Comment

Man you need moar guitars!
                            > .

Comment

Some of the LPs definitely have to go. Thinking the 50s tribute, the Epi custom and the hohner

This.
                              NEWB since '09.

Comment

Working...
                              X