No announcement yet.

about these blockbuster Gibson deals?

Collapse

X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• about these blockbuster Gibson deals?

Sam Ash giving away LP Traditionals for $1199, all the 70's deluxes for what $499 in some cases, Flying V for $799 etc etc.....

MF & AMS giving away similiar Gibby's.......

What are they going to do after the holidays? Anyone? Are back to bending over?
    FREE BATOTMAN

1955 Tele Partsocaster Korina Amber
    2007 Carvin V220 Green Machine
    1983 Gibson Custom Shop Edition Schenker reject
    1989 Fender Telecaster Custom Deluxe Ultra
    1968 Fender Telecaster
    2007 Fender American Deluxe Jazz Bass
    1997 Fender Pink Paisley

59 Fender Bassman
    Marshall JCM 800
    Marshall Studio 15
    Marshall 1976
    Marshall Silver Jubilee
    Orange Tiny Terror
    Orange Rocker 30
    Carvin Vintage 16

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/page...?bandID=892909

SURVIVOR

Well, the '70s Tributes are probably being blown out for good. And the Traditionals could be slated for a replacement at Winter NAMM next month when all the major line announcements get made.

Comment

The only 'Traditionals' I've seen for $1199 are the all mahogany statin finished versions, not the real Traditionals. Although the did blow out the Traditional Gold Tops for $1399 and a couple discontinued finishes of the Traditional Plus for $1599.

They're just getting rid of discontinued models, limited runs, discontinued finishes for some models, models with alternate fretboard, etc.

Comment

I think that once people get a taste for these prices they won't be back for more expensive seconds.
        http://www.harmonycentral.com/t5/Electric-Guitars/I-smeared-bacon-fat-on-my-strat-now-it-stinks/td-p/16697195

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by Into Nation
          View Post

I think that once people get a taste for these prices they won't be back for more expensive seconds.

No doubt.

There's no way I'd pay full price when I can wait until they're blowing out the old models.
          Proud Member of the Jet Setters (Jet City Lounge)

Comment

,my local Sam Ash had a couple Honey Burst Trad plus for $1399, Black Trad for $1199, 61SG for $899 Seems the local deals were better than the internet deals..... I shoulda but im holding out for a R8
            FREE BATOTMAN

1968 Fender Telecaster
            1997 Fender Pink Paisley

59 Fender Bassman
            Marshall JCM 800
            Marshall Studio 15
            Marshall 1976
            Marshall Silver Jubilee
            Orange Tiny Terror
            Orange Rocker 30
            Carvin Vintage 16

SURVIVOR

Comment

just enjoy it while it lasts. right now Fender are overpriced and Gibson are cheap as hell.

stuff:
              52RI Tele
              Gibson SG 1970s Tribute
              more stuff:
              65 Twin Reverb Reissue
              Cox Tweed Deluxe Ultimate

The REAL Angry

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by Angry Tele
                View Post

just enjoy it while it lasts. right now Fender are overpriced and Gibson are cheap as hell.

who would have thought we'd see the day that would happen lol
                Member of the SG Army

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by Marc G
                  View Post

who would have thought we'd see the day that would happen lol

i know its crazy! Henry J is a genius I tell ya

stuff:
                  52RI Tele
                  Gibson SG 1970s Tribute
                  more stuff:
                  65 Twin Reverb Reissue
                  Cox Tweed Deluxe Ultimate

The REAL Angry

Comment

Well, these blow-outs have been exceptional, and yeah, it might cause their sales to slouch a bit when they try to work their way back to normality. But a lot of the models on blow-out had the maple, obeche or Richlite fretboards. Now that they've got their rosewood supplies back, they seem to be dumping their "innovations/waves of the future".

That said, I bought a total of six 2011/2012 Gibsons with the alternative FB woods (5 BMs + 1 Rl). On 3 of them I got in on some pretty sweet deals, but on the other 3 I merely got discounted deals and not the crrrrrAzy Sam Ash deals. But I'm fairly happy with all of them - so far.

But Gibson is probably banking that there is some pent up demand for Gibson guitars once the BM, Obeche & Richlite is gone from their entry priced gits.

I'll be curious to see if they hang onto the BM for some of their models. I really didn't mind it and thought it had some benefits over cheap specimens of rosewood.

Personally, I keep hoping "I'm done". But I've said that before and then something comes along . . .
                    A '57 Classic, MIJ from USA parts.
                    HCEG Existentialism: I buy guitars, therefore, I am.
                    Well Dick, it's got a good beat, and I could dance to it, so I give it a 10!
                    I have opinions of my own,strong opinions but I don't always agree with them.

Comment

There are still baked maples out there. I think if the Custom Classics get blown out eventually, I'll be laying down the card for one. They also have other "Classic" models I noticed on Amazon last night. Not sure if those are new or old but they have torrified maple boards too.
                      Good trader/seller: Woody_in_MN, GibsonQC, m90guy, maltomario, drmojoxl, RockinIt, souperman08, Hand Amputation, D-log

Comment

Here is the classic plus:

Custom Classic:

Good trader/seller: Woody_in_MN, GibsonQC, m90guy, maltomario, drmojoxl, RockinIt, souperman08, Hand Amputation, D-log

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by drivelikejoewho
                          View Post

There are still baked maples out there. I think if the Custom Classics get blown out eventually, I'll be laying down the card for one.

They already did, and it looks like they're all gone (at least at Sam Ash and MF). They dropped them to $1599, which wasn't as big of a blow out as some of the other models, but it was apparently enough to clear out the inventory...

Comment

Oh wow.. didn't realize that was the discounted price. Oh well.. guess I won't be getting one of those. Not that i need it anyway. I actually bought zero Gibsons during that hoopla and I really wanted the Midtown Custom. I just didn't have the money to shell out. I did end up with a Squier Mustang and a BC Rich Mockingbird Classic Series (neck through) bass for <$300 total. I couldn't believe that M123 PM'd the BC Rich Bass which sold on their site for $699 and the other retailer for $299 with a net price of $149 (not sure where that math came from but I didn't complain). THere is a guy over there that keeps hooking me up which has restored my faith in M123. Although, I called this morning the guy over couldn't do anything without putting me on hold for 5 mins. I gave up after about 20 minutes and sent the guy who posts on here an email and he responded less than an hour later.

Comment

I prolly missed the boat
                              FREE BATOTMAN

1968 Fender Telecaster
                              1997 Fender Pink Paisley

59 Fender Bassman
                              Marshall JCM 800
                              Marshall Studio 15
                              Marshall 1976
                              Marshall Silver Jubilee
                              Orange Tiny Terror
                              Orange Rocker 30
                              Carvin Vintage 16

SURVIVOR

Comment

Working...
                              X