about these blockbuster Gibson deals?

realtree71

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I'm pretty sure they aren't making them at all anymore...maybe they'll make a Deluxe next year in other colors or even do an Epiphone version-who knows? In any case, I'm totally happy with mine and thinking I'm gonna keep it for a long time smile.gif

Incidentally, they've done reissues of the Deluxe periodically and those have held their value, so I wouldn't worry if you have to let it go someday.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by bjcarl

View Post

+1

Oh well, there'll always be Epiphones...

I thought long and hard about a pelham blue p 90 midtown............I realized I wouldn't be happy with it and probably flip it.

There's other cool guitars out there. Why buy a blow out because it's at a great price?

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Bbreaker

View Post

I thought long and hard about a pelham blue p 90 midtown............I realized I wouldn't be happy with it and probably flip it.

There's other cool guitars out there. Why buy a blow out because it's at a great price?

Truth. I did accomplish a longtime GAS goal with the LP Deluxe scorebiggrin.gif

As for the midtown...I'm not sad I didn't jump on that(can't blame anyone who did!). I am kinda sorry I missed the Godin XTSA on Amazon for $530, however frown.gif

• Members

View Post

Maybe Most have the guitars we wanted already (I know I have mine many guitars stored aways}

Anyways many have cash to blow on blowouts......JT

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Flintc

View Post

I paid a reasonable amount of attention, looking for deals on the ES models. I never found one. Did anyone else?

Gibson es335 for $3044 at amazon and $3800 at m123. You could pm that. There are a lot of gibsons on amazon that are 15-20% off. Browse through and try pm if you find a good enough deal.

http://www.amazon.com/Gibson-ES-335-...ords=Gibson+es

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by johnnytuinals

View Post

Maybe Most have the guitars we wanted already (I know I have mine many guitars stored aways}

Anyways many have cash to blow on blowouts......JT

Agreed.

If I don't play my SG Custom in a while and take it out, I rediscover why I love the guitar in the first place.

• Members

View Post

because people hear with their eyes and play with their wallet.

i didn't buy any Gibsons from this blowout. i already have enough guitars.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Help!I'maRock!

View Post

because people hear with their eyes and play with their wallet.

i didn't buy any Gibsons from this blowout. i already have enough guitars.

Don't get it?

Many of us have lots of cash to spend without a problem.

Many of us have Gibsons from the 50s till recently made Gibsons.

Myself if I see a deal ,I will snap it up,,,its only money babyyy.

Very happy with this sucky economy and able to buy what ever I want(even blowouts from Gibson}

Those that complain should get a second job at Burger king.......................JT

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Bucksstudent

View Post

To be fair, I'm the exact same way. I love my Gibsons, but have little tolerance for their short-comings.

IMO, Gibson can make the best guitar in the world on any given day , as well as, make the worst guitar on any given day.

I'm just very skeptical of what's been coming out of Gibson the past few years.

I haven't bought a new Gibson guitar since 2005.

• Members

View Post

IMO, Gibson can make the best guitar in the world on any given day , as well as, make the worst guitar on any given day.

I'm just very skeptical of what's been coming out of Gibson the past few years.

I haven't bought a new Gibson guitar since 2005.

Again, I agree.

My SG is from 2005. I have trouble keeping the action in one place, the tuning sucks (I'm buying locking tuners once I have the money), the neck doesn't always feel stable, and the pickguard has always been scratched to hell (I've tried scratch removal cremes to no avail).

Archived