about these blockbuster Gibson deals?

realtree71

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Bucksstudent

View Post

I don't think I'll ever buy another Gibson for any price. I own two; vintage and modern, and neither have the quality of Fender, Rickenbacker, or Ibanez. Their sound is great, but even if they were burned in a fire, I wouldn't replace them.

bub_zps272fe682.gif

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

View Post

I don't think I'll ever buy another Gibson for any price. I own two; vintage and modern, and neither have the quality of Fender, Rickenbacker, or Ibanez. Their sound is great, but even if they were burned in a fire, I wouldn't replace them.

If the first one was so {censored}ty, why'd you buy the second one?

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by Bucksstudent View Post
Bubbles plays Fender electric.
..and his favorite Guitarist is Alex Lifeson...

I've had 3 Gibsons. Two have been great. Any mass produced guitar maker is going to churn out some duds. I've have a few Fender turds too.

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by johnnytuinals View Post
Why would someone that can afford anything they wanted would not look for blowouts???
I bought my 2012 Dodge Challenger Msrp $39,000 and Invoice was $34500 and my Blowout with cash was
$31,900 last Nov of 2011.
Yes many have lots of cash and we still feel good about getting a deal babyyy.JT
I know a few rich folks, they are generally the cheapest bastards out there, or at least the same as anyone else with a brain. Why would anyone pay more than they have to?

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by bjcarl View Post
If the first one was so {censored}ty, why'd you buy the second one?
facepalm.gif

My '76 Les Paul was my second electric, and I got the SG only two months later. I was fourteen or fifteen, and I'd only been playing for a year.

I never said they were "so {censored}ty" or bad guitars. All Gibsons that I've played, and many players like Alex Lifeson will attest to this, that they constantly need something done to them. If I had a fortune at age fifteen, I would have bought a better guitar, obviously.

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by Brendan View Post
..and his favorite Guitarist is Alex Lifeson...

I've had 3 Gibsons. Two have been great. Any mass produced guitar maker is going to churn out some duds. I've have a few Fender turds too.
Oh, thank you for educating me. I would have been lost without some jerk off telling me about mass-production having some bad products on every line.

• Members
facepalm.gif

My '76 Les Paul was my second electric, and I got the SG only two months later. I was fourteen or fifteen, and I'd only been playing for a year.

I never said they were "so {censored}ty" or bad guitars. All Gibsons that I've played, and many players like Alex Lifeson will attest to this, that they constantly need something done to them. If I had a fortune at age fifteen, I would have bought a better guitar, obviously.
And I'm guessing you're 16 now? Alex Lifeson is a lifelong Gibson fan...as for needing something done to them...are you talking guitars or mid-60's European sportscars? Generally, if you know how to do a set-up, guitars WILL still go out of tune on occasion. I'm assuming this is what you're talking about...they make devices to check that(tuning forks are a great option).

Lastly, I'd say you were a VERY spoiled fourteen or fifteen year old...even if your mom and dad did just buy you a couple of Norlin Gibsons wave.gif

Now quit being a {censored}ty troll and go study for your driver's license!

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by bjcarl View Post
And I'm guessing you're 16 now? Alex Lifeson is a lifelong Gibson fan...as for needing something done to them...are you talking guitars or mid-60's European sportscars? Generally, if you know how to do a set-up, guitars WILL still go out of tune on occasion. I'm assuming this is what you're talking about...they make devices to check that(tuning forks are a great option).

Lastly, I'd say you were a VERY spoiled fourteen or fifteen year old...even if your mom and dad did just buy you a couple of Norlin Gibsons wave.gif

Now quit being a {censored}ty troll and go study for your driver's license!
Dude, if you said this to my face...

I'm 22. {censored} you, and your ****-licking mom. When you were born, only five years ago, I bet people said, "Hey, look at that **** coming out of that ****'s ****."

• Members

I'm 22. {censored} you, and your ****-licking mom. When you were born, only five years ago, I bet people said, "Hey, look at that **** coming out of that ****'s ****."
Sweet! icon_lol.gif

• Members

Hey, when I feel grumpy, I find that taking a dump helps.

• Members

And a VERY mature 22 year-old apparently... Kudos to whoever raised such a fine individual.

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by jhorne View Post
And a VERY mature 22 year-old apparently... Kudos to whoever raised such a fine individual.
Because I defended myself against an asshole, like you, for instance? Yeah, I'm sure ole mom and pop are crying over that one. They almost disowned me when they found out I didn't like Gibson quality control. Lawd have mursy.

My ignore list keeps growing.

Edit: You know, this is just a damn forum, right? I think your parents really {censored}ed up.

• Members
Because I defended myself against an asshole, like you, for instance? Yeah, I'm sure ole mom and pop are crying over that one. They almost disowned me when they found out I didn't like Gibson quality control. Lawd have mursy.

My ignore list keeps growing.

Edit: You know, this is just a damn forum, right? I think your parents really {censored}ed up.
This poor little kid isn't even a decent troll icon_lol.gif

Run along and play with the guitars your mommy and daddy bought you. We're trying to have grown-up conversations here about grown-up thingswave.gif

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by Flintc View Post
I paid a reasonable amount of attention, looking for deals on the ES models. I never found one. Did anyone else?
I could be wrong but I'm thinking that since the ES line is one that doesn't change much from year to year, they're probably not going to be blowing them out. On that note...are all the ES's made in Memphis?

You could always try to do 20% off!

• Members

View Post

Wow, look at all those asterisks...you must have really told him off! rolleyes.gif

• Members

It's Gibson's wasy of torturing those of us who have no more $$ to spend on instruments
"here here kid, look at this tasty piece of laquered wood, ain't she a beauty? and she's On Sale too!"
'Sorry mister' as I pull my pockets out and shake my head

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by Brendan View Post
I didn't see any either. They do have the "midtown" semi-hollow on sale. Not bad at all..

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/guita...lectric-guitar

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/guita...lectric-guitar
As far as I can tell, those are the same prices on the Midtowns that they've always charged. The Custom model has been discontinued, but is still listed at full price. The Standard has always been a couple hundred less.

Of course, MF has these periodic 15% off sales of everything they sell, and those are nice, but they certainly aren't blowouts on Gibson ES models. Most ES models are custom shop models anyway, I guess.

Archived