about these blockbuster Gibson deals?

realtree71

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by bjcarl

View Post

I just got a Les Paul Deluxe from zzounds via M123 for $1249...M123 had them for $1799, ZZounds had them for $1499...after the price match guarantee, it was $1249 and Zzounds matched the M123 price match biggrin.gif(MSRP was $3299 and I think MAP when the guitar came out was like, $2199?)

You could probably work something similar through MF via M123's pricematch...

You gave up your $1245 price match then got one anyway? Not that I'm complaining, the one I got with your price match is flawless. Thanks again, BTW.

Sounds like m123 needs to work on their math skills. $1799 vs $1499 would be a price match of about $1430 with their 123% price match.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

View Post

I just got a Les Paul Deluxe from zzounds via M123 for $1249...M123 had them for $1799, ZZounds had them for $1499...after the price match guarantee, it was $1249 and Zzounds matched the M123 price match biggrin.gif(MSRP was $3299 and I think MAP when the guitar came out was like, $2199?)

You could probably work something similar through MF via M123's pricematch...

Trying too get the same price from ZZounds,,,lets see what their email says whenever I get it.

But for $1249 it looks like a dealll.Thanks JT

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by johnnytuinals

View Post

Why would someone that can afford anything they wanted would not look for blowouts???

I bought my 2012 Dodge Challenger Msrp $39,000 and Invoice was $34500 and my Blowout with cash was

$31,900 last Nov of 2011.

Yes many have lots of cash and we still feel good about getting a deal babyyy.JT

Exactly, apparently once you finally figure out how to make money (which often includes finding good deals), you're free to blow it at paying msrp everything, because that's how you get rich.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Red81

View Post

Exactly, apparently once you finally figure out how to make money (which often includes finding good deals), you're free to blow it at paying msrp everything, because that's how you get rich.

Haha great follow up. It's not about how much money you make, but rather how you spend and save your money. This single principle is destroying our country, because everybody thinks the savers and thrifty spenders are just lucky. What hurts me is that the people who really need help will never get it.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by jhorne

View Post

You gave up your $1245 price match then got one anyway? Not that I'm complaining, the one I got with your price match is flawless. Thanks again, BTW.

Sounds like m123 needs to work on their math skills. $1799 vs $1499 would be a price match of about $1430 with their 123% price match.

Oops! I forgot to include the zzounds FROSTY2012 code in there...I got zzounds to go from $1500 to $1350 with the code...M123 matched plus 23% of the difference=$1245(NOT $1249 as I originally said)...Zzounds then matched M123's price match and I was able to get it from ZZounds for $1245, leaving me with a price match from M123...You're totally welcomed once again thumb.gif

I just got mine and it's THE {censored}! biggrin.gif

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Red81

View Post

I don't get yea point?

People with money and also people with little money always look for deals.

Just because people have money you think that they Pay Msrp on everything?I just

think they enjoy deals like everyone else babyyyy......JT

• Members

View Post

Just got my final price from Music123 for the Gibson Les Paul Deluxe Gold Top for $1245.60

My olny problem,Whatsss a better guitar the Deluxe Gold Top or the Les paul Traditional that Samash is selling for

$1149??.............JT

The Deluxe is definitely the better deal. As far as which is the better instrument...that really boils down to personal preference. I've always wanted a Deluxe, so for me, the Deluxe is a much better guitar. For someone else, the Traditional is the clear winner...when all else fails, think about cosmetics...do you prefer gold top or ebony since those are your only choices smile.gif

• Members

View Post

The Deluxe is definitely the better deal. As far as which is the better instrument...that really boils down to personal preference. I've always wanted a Deluxe, so for me, the Deluxe is a much better guitar. For someone else, the Traditional is the clear winner...when all else fails, think about cosmetics...do you prefer gold top or ebony since those are your only choices smile.gif

There is also the gloss vs satin, maple cap vs all mahogany, and chambered vs weight relieved differences to consider since the 'Traditional' he is talking about is the Satin Mahogany Traditional.

Edit: Looks like you can add 50s vs 60s neck profile too.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by jhorne

View Post

There is also the gloss vs satin, maple cap vs all mahogany, and chambered vs weight relieved differences to consider since the 'Traditional' he is talking about is the Satin Mahogany Traditional.

Edit: Looks like you can add 50s vs 60s neck profile too.

This is true...in essence, the Deluxe IS the "better" guitar...it has all the top-shelf bells and whistles(and I'm thoroughly happy with mine), but I didn't wanna come off as a dick-to someone who prefers the full-sized humbuckers, the Traditional is just fine. Beyond any doubt, the Deluxe is the superior deal.

• Members

View Post

This is true...in essence, the Deluxe IS the "better" guitar...it has all the top-shelf bells and whistles(and I'm thoroughly happy with mine), but I didn't wanna come off as a dick-to someone who prefers the full-sized humbuckers, the Traditional is just fine. Beyond any doubt, the Deluxe is the superior deal.

Agreed. As long as you're fine with mini-hums and the bigger neck, the Deluxe is a no-brainer over the Satin Mahogany Trad.

• Members

The Deluxe looks like a killer of a guitar

For less then $100 more then the trads I will be getting the Deluxe gold top.

Looks like a top of the line guitar babyyy and its only $1245..(don't think these will get any cheaper and how much better can the 2013s be}}

Seems its not a waste of money and will lose little if wanted to sell..........JT

• Members

View Post

The Deluxe looks like a killer of a guitar

For less then $100 more then the trads I will be getting the Deluxe gold top.

Looks like a top of the line guitar babyyy and its only $1245..(don't think these will get any cheaper and how much better can the 2013s be}}

Seems its not a waste of money and will lose little if wanted to sell..........JT

Good callthumb.gif

Unlike the Traditional Satin, it is a top of the line...that combined with the fact that it's a limited run, means you could almost certainly sell it for more than you paid for it in the not-too-distant future.

Also, as the proud owner of a 70's Studio Tribute LP, I can assure you that the mini-hums on the Deluxe are true to the originals...(the tribute has re-designed mini-hums which are FANTASTIC but not the same)

• Members

Well I placed my order with Music123 for the Les Paul Deluxe Gold Top for $1245.60

At first they only wanted to match the price of $1499,,then I asked for the 123% discount

and they took it off after a 10 min wait lol.

Not a bad deal,yes maybe after the holidays the guitar might be atads cheaper

but who know.(Gottaaaa thank BJCarl for having me spend money I did not have too lol}............JT

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Deadbeat Son

View Post

Where did you get it? Anywhere with a 30 or 90 day price guarantee?

GC...but ive had it more than 90 days. No worries though its worth $850 to me. Plays great and sounds awesome. it has some little things failed by the QA but nothing worth returning it for. I fixed all the problems but 1 (lip on fretboard) the other problems, poorly cut nut I fixed, and broken vol pot I fixed.

plus guitars are like puppies: once you take them home you fall in love straight away despite thier shortcomings, you dont want to give it back after you develop feelings.

• Members

View Post

I guess your Telecasters were not American made???

I love my 2011 American standard Telecaster in Blond and

my 2012 American standard tele in Natural....................JT

my Teles are made in USA (52RI), Japan (CIJ Micawbre) China (Squier CVC), Mexico (60s Classic) and USA (Flatline Delta)

I still love them too but they dont get much playing time. Actually my number 1 and 2 is my MIM 60s classic Tele and 70s SG. I practice and noodle with the tele unamped, and play/jam out amped up with the Gibson.

more to do with what songs ive been playing, mostly ac/dc songs, Ive leraned about 2 dozen in the last month or so, that and noodley blues.

and my main amp is a tweed deluxe which kills with my SGs mini-buckers, moreso than tele singles.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by drivelikejoewho

View Post

Oh wow.. didn't realize that was the discounted price. Oh well.. guess I won't be getting one of those. Not that i need it anyway. I actually bought zero Gibsons during that hoopla and I really wanted the Midtown Custom. I just didn't have the money to shell out. I did end up with a Squier Mustang and a BC Rich Mockingbird Classic Series (neck through) bass for

Famous last words.. Got a heck of a deal on an SG standard today.

Archived