I'm On Billy Joe's Side. How About You?

Collapse

X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quote Originally Posted by aenemated
    View Post

album sales do not necessarily equate to actual quality of said album.

i'd wager just one of those turds sold more than everything townes van zandt ever released.

He mentioned that Green Day hasn't had a good album since Nimrod. He then said that Usher has been putting out platinum selling albums for years, trying to imply that Usher was attaining something that Green Day could not. I was just pointing out that Green Day hit platinum for their 2 latest albums, too.
    Guitars Canada - Guitar Forum for Canadians

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by BlueSky1963
      View Post

AP is reporting that he's headed for rehab. And that their time was not cut by the festival organizers.

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories...09-23-15-02-58

He went to a shrink to analyze his dreams.

Comment

hilarious that green day is still trying to sell themselves as a punk band. pretty sure "punk" would have something to say about handsome millionaire 40 years olds posing on stage, but hey to each his own.

also, they suck and are sharing the stage with taylor swift and usher...sooo punk.

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by bubkus_jones
          View Post

He mentioned that Green Day hasn't had a good album since Nimrod. He then said that Usher has been putting out platinum selling albums for years, trying to imply that Usher was attaining something that Green Day could not. I was just pointing out that Green Day hit platinum for their 2 latest albums, too.

fair enough.

fwiw, both green day and usher attain the same level of "suck."
          Proud founder of the Trailer Trash Tattooed Piece of ****************/Dollar Store Trash Club.
          Tattoos courtesy of Espi & Alison Casson

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by Red81
            View Post

hilarious that green day is still trying to sell themselves as a punk band.

right?

i'm not even a HUGE fan - i do like several of their records - but the MOST punk band left is NOFX. they've never compromised on anything at any point.

i'd include my beloved social d and bad religion but they both had their moments on major labels. didn't seem to hurt social d much but bad religion got REALLY bad after mr. brett split following "stranger than fiction." but they did make quite a roaring comeback when he started contributing again. and they scored a ****************ing goldmine getting brooks wackerman behind the kit.

true story - i was THIS close to getting an audition to drum for social d when charlie quintana split through mutual friends (two buddies of mine are in mike's solo band). but between the time i saw he was gone and i hit them both up; the spot was already filled - literally a matter of a few hours. and i was all

christ, i know mike's songs so well i wouldn't even need a rehearsal to hit the road.
            Proud founder of the Trailer Trash Tattooed Piece of ****************/Dollar Store Trash Club.

Comment

that said, i really, really would not want to try and follow josh freese in the studio. he kept it real simple and solid on "hard times and nursery rhymes" but still. it's josh ****************in freese.

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by TattooedCarrot
                View Post

I doubt being out the guitar is a big deal. Cheaper than paying for promotion. And you really think all this bad press hurts a band like that? If anything, its put them in public view for the first time in a long time. Like I said, they just got put on the front page for the cost of a Les Paul Special - that's cheap advertising if you ask me.

True, the guitar was inconsequential but that still doesn't count as a "plus".

If you subscribe to the Oscar Wilde school of "the only thing worse than being talked about is not being talked about", then I guess this is good for them. However, there is a difference between good press and bad press- just ask Lindsay Lohan. Who, as it happens, is about as punk rock as Green Day.
                Arrangements? How about I hit on two and four, and you shut the **************** up?

Comment

Looks like BJA just checked into rehab.

http://loudwire.com/green-day-billie...bstance-abuse/
                  My gear thread:
                  http://acapella.harmony-central.com/....php?t=1625196

www.myspace.com/zedthez
                  www.myspace.com/pusserqchc
                  www.myspace.com/distemperqchc
                  www.myspace.com/rocketparkrip20042008
                  webcast of ZED:
                  http://www.ustream.tv/recorded/2375190

Comment

Green Day is a pop band and Billie Joe is no different than Justin Bieber. They were ok in the begining then Billie got up his own ass and starting thinking they were better than they are.

Also they issued an apology to iheartradio...oooohh how punk! LOL
                    "Name a hero and I'll prove he's a bum".
                    Maj. Gregory "Pappy" Boyington

Guitars:
                    ESP M2
                    Fender HM Strat (Thanks Mazi Bee!!)

Amp:
                    Marshall JMP1
                    Marshall 9100 (thanks guitarslinger!!)
                    Marshall 1960a

Effects:
                    TC Electronics G Major

Comment

Diva moment. You're playing a festival show, you know how much time you have for your set. Plan better, stop being a pussy.
                      Guitars: PRS, Fender, Gibson, Epi
                      Pedals: Octophant, Wilson, Danelectro, Monsterpiece, Way Huge, Custom, Line 6
                      Amps: Egnater, Ampeg

Good deals (70+!)

Comment

Mostly I'd say diva.

Now, I don't know what else was going on backstage, etc, but unless I get a lot more information about him getting general ****************ty treatment, last straw situation, I'm going to have to stick with diva.
                        Proud member of the Epiphone Empire

Member of the SG army.

Originally Posted by ashasha

I find that it's just cheaper to turn my **************** up louder.

Comment

He's in a punk band. I don't see the problem???
                          I Love Charvels

~Good Deals~
                          (HC)-- JKD, dougiefresh, Orange Jackson, Kojdogg, billy budapest, Sheik_Yerbouti, ejendres
                          (Rig-Talk)- King Guitar, Rayneman
                          (TGP)- flyngtr, SirBoye, onemind, SvenHock, Musicman0912,Kccheers
                          (Randall Forums)- Goldfish , BIGKAHUNA, SacredGroove, isburgracing, JMelton, Mikal69, HughJasol
                          (JCF)- Strangletooth, Newc, John.W.Lawson, potatohead, straycat, ///MK

Proud MTS User

Peace, Love & Rossness

Comment

Bad day...lost his favorite eye-liner...who knows...and honestly, who cares? Doesn't justify acting like a 3 year old on stage. Not a "rock-n-roll" moment at all... just another aging rocker who can't deal...
                            My Gear:
                            2015 Taylor 214ce Deluxe
                            2008 Fender American Standard Telecaster
                            Epiphone Les Paul Standard Pro
                            2006 Fender American 60th Anniv. P-Bass
                            Takamine acoustic

Comment

He was wearing a new pair of panties that were too tight, and he got distraught.
                              Harold Horatio Heckuba (Triple H)

Comment

Wow. Obviously few of you remember what was out in the early 90's. Grunge. Punk is fastirreverent, simple anger music. Just cause Green Day have evolved and aged, their roots are punk. By these standards Iggy Pop is not punk anymore either. It seems like about 1/3 of the people on here need to put everyone in a box and tear down the successful. Dookie was brilliant. American Idiot was brilliant. Again I ask, one of you...link me to ONE song you did that is brilliant. I don"t have one. Bet you don't either. When you get in to over analysis of this, you miss the point. Green Day is great band. You wanna talk punk cred? GG Allin. Go. Billy being a Diva? no. He's having a effing meltdown because live music has beome a scripted reality show. Same **************** in the other thread, so many people ripping Journey and Bon Jovi. Don't dig the tunes? Cool. Don't listen to em.
                                Good deals with - Yarbicus, CBH5150, BozzofAngels, Alvin Wilson, Harris Quinn

Oh, but you can't expect to wield supreme executive power just because some watery tart threw a sword at you.

Comment

Working...
                                X