Harmony Central Forums
Announcement
Collapse
No announcement yet.

OK Squier Army ........... I WANNA SEE YOUR SQUIERS !!!!!

Collapse

X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I always post this, but how could I not? Japan, 1984, SQ series Tele Custom. Beats my Fenders, even.

Comment

I dont think I have ever seen a pickgaurd as awesome looking as that!!! Are they common on Squire tele's?

It comes stock a pearl white guard like this:

but the black ones are cheap on Ebay:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/69-Telecaster-Tele-Thinline-Re-Issue-Style-Guitar-Pickguard-3-Ply-BLACK-/220929290347?pt=Guitar_Accessories&hash=item337069 706b

Comment

squier cvc
        fralin stock PUPs
        Fender 52RI everything else (except tuners)

DAMN FINE "POLYGRAPH MACHINE" YOU GOT THERE !!!
        "I don't flatten my 5th's..........I drink em !"
        "The Mighty Telecaster: The "Polygraph" Of Electric Guitars!"

Comment

Originally Posted by wedgehed II

Instead of searching for intelligent life in the universe, NASA should send a probe to this thread.

Comment

The one on the right.

Schaller Locking Tuners
            LSR roller nut
            American Standard string trees
            3 ply pick guard
            Custom Shop 69 pups
            500k pots
            Tele knobs
            Vintage bridge
            single slot back plate
            Schaller strap locks
            Stripped of original Olympic white, 15 coats of clear poly
            HCGB #77

Member,
            Squier Army
            Rickenbacker Squadron
            Gretsch Gang
            Epiphone Empire

"I learned a long time ago that one note can go a long way if it's the right one, and it will probably whip the guy with 20 notes." - Les Paul, 2002

Comment

Probably my favorite '51 project ever EVER!

Originally Posted by Doctor Morbius:

"When it comes to gear vs talent I'll be the first to admit that I sit in the Mayor's seat in Poserville."

Comment

Probably my favorite '51 project ever EVER!
                Thanks! Coming from you it means a lot. This pic is now outdated. I have better knobs, plus a chickenhead for the PU selector (HUGE improvement IMO). I also plan to toss in a MM bridge like that tele custom above since I have an extra. I might ditch the ProTube HB pickup too as it's not quite beefy enough to keep up with the neck single.

Instead of searching for intelligent life in the universe, NASA should send a probe to this thread.

Comment

Since-departed Candy Apple Red Telecaster:

Amazing-sounding Tele that I got during GC Independence Day weekend sale last year for $89!

Comment

^^^^ 90 bones!??!

niiiiiice!!

Comment

I love this thing. Short scale, Japanese, totally stock. Lotsa fun to play, and a great guitar.

One from the 80's. Japanese. Original pickups, but someone has pulled the covers off. Other than that it's totally stock. This is one of my most versatile guitars. Pickups are individually adjustable height wise, and both pickups are coil tapped.

My first Squier. 80's, and Japanese. I've written a lot of songs on this one, it's acted as my Strat for many years.
                      —-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Hello, friend.

Comment

L to R: MIK Pro Tone, OBEY, MIJ contemporary, Hello Kitty, MIJ ST-331 short scale, special edition chrome, MIJ 50's RI contemporary

L to R: CV Thinline, CV Custom, CV 50's, OBEY, Avril Lavigne signature

L to R: Showmaster HH, Vista Super-Sonic
                        www.maverickguitar.ca

Comment

Squier threads always seem to be full of joy, my son just loves his 50s Strat
                          Music is a moral law. It gives soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination, and charm and gaiety to life and to everything. - Plato

Comment

I've got a couple:

My 'Hog Strat; started out life as a plain-Jane front-routed HSS. I gave it a swimming pool route, threw in a couple of GFS humbuckers (it now has a 'Dream 90' in the neck), a GREEN Warmoth p/g that was given to me by a friend, & an LR Baggs X-bridge/ CTRL-X preamp:

Then, there's this 80's Korean-made Strat that was given to me. The frets were just about worn down to nothing, but someone had taken the time/ $$$ to upgrade all of the electronics. It has a set of SD pickups (not sure what flavor, but they sound good ) and a push-pull on the volume knob for 7-way switching. I swapped the neck for a cheapie that I found on Amazon, cleaned it up, and threw on a red mirror pickguard:

Comment

L to R: MIK Pro Tone, OBEY, MIJ contemporary, Hello Kitty, MIJ ST-331 short scale, special edition chrome, MIJ 50's RI contemporary

L to R: CV Thinline, CV Custom, CV 50's, OBEY, Avril Lavigne signature

L to R: Showmaster HH, Vista Super-Sonic

How do you like that HS Obey Tele?
                              SPAM:

Custom Wired Strat Pickguard Assemblies - PM me to discuss specs & pricing

Good Trades: PunkKitty, mfergel, Norcal_GIT_r, Chuck1016, Elias Graves, hrcnsfan, ugameus, RosePickups, jelloman, Hookandcanman, Danocoustic

Comment

Comment

Working...
                                X