OK Squier Army ........... I WANNA SEE YOUR SQUIERS !!!!!

Dr. Scottie C

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

The one on the right. lol

100_0310.jpg

Actually that mini strat gets used a lot. It's perfect for keeping beside my desk so I can have some instant stress relief when needed. Just a little bit nut modification and heavier strings was all that was needed make it right. Sounds very stratty. A lot of bang for the buck.

• Members

This started life as a Classic Vibe Thinline which I picked up cheap cause I loved the body on it. Currently its under a full transformation, 6 saddle Gotoh bridge, 4 way switch, Seymour Duncans and a solid rosewood neck. Since the picture was taken the wiring is all done, just need to reshape the headstock and its finished
:)

41675410150501992626526.jpg

I dont think I have ever seen a pickgaurd as awesome looking as that!!! Are they common on Squire tele's?

• Members

I dont think I have ever seen a pickgaurd as awesome looking as that!!! Are they common on Squire tele's?

It comes stock a pearl white guard like this:

3843-additional-1.jpg

but the black ones are cheap on Ebay:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/69-Telecaster-Tele-Thinline-Re-Issue-Style-Guitar-Pickguard-3-Ply-BLACK-/220929290347?pt=Guitar_Accessories&hash=item337069706b

• Members

011.jpg

The one on the right.

Schaller Locking Tuners

LSR roller nut

American Standard string trees

3 ply pick guard

Custom Shop 69 pups

500k pots

Tele knobs

Vintage bridge

single slot back plate

Schaller strap locks

Stripped of original Olympic white, 15 coats of clear poly

• Members
Probably my favorite '51 project ever EVER!
:thu:

:o Thanks! Coming from you it means a lot. This pic is now outdated. I have better knobs, plus a chickenhead for the PU selector (HUGE improvement IMO). I also plan to toss in a MM bridge like that tele custom above since I have an extra. I might ditch the ProTube HB pickup too as it's not quite beefy enough to keep up with the neck single.

• Members

I love this thing. Short scale, Japanese, totally stock. Lotsa fun to play, and a great guitar.

Super-Sonic%20Close%20up.jpg

One from the 80's. Japanese. Original pickups, but someone has pulled the covers off. Other than that it's totally stock. This is one of my most versatile guitars. Pickups are individually adjustable height wise, and both pickups are coil tapped.

Squier%20Bullet%20HB2%20close.jpg

My first Squier. 80's, and Japanese. I've written a lot of songs on this one, it's acted as my Strat for many years.

81%20Japanese%20Bullet%203SC%201.jpg

• Members

DSC07482.jpg

L to R: MIK Pro Tone, OBEY, MIJ contemporary, Hello Kitty, MIJ ST-331 short scale, special edition chrome, MIJ 50's RI contemporary

DSC07479.jpg

L to R: CV Thinline, CV Custom, CV 50's, OBEY, Avril Lavigne signature

DSC07490.jpg

L to R: Showmaster HH, Vista Super-Sonic

• Members

I've got a couple:

My 'Hog Strat; started out life as a plain-Jane front-routed HSS. I gave it a swimming pool route, threw in a couple of GFS humbuckers (it now has a 'Dream 90' in the neck), a GREEN Warmoth p/g that was given to me by a friend, & an LR Baggs X-bridge/ CTRL-X preamp:

4713761013_d9a57c8658.jpg

Then, there's this 80's Korean-made Strat that was given to me. The frets were just about worn down to nothing, but someone had taken the time/ $$$ to upgrade all of the electronics. It has a set of SD pickups (not sure what flavor, but they sound good :idk: ) and a push-pull on the volume knob for 7-way switching. I swapped the neck for a cheapie that I found on Amazon, cleaned it up, and threw on a red mirror pickguard:

100611213301.jpg

• Members

IMG_2601.jpg

Holy shit is that some custom work or do these come stock?

Also, I'm loving that Squires aren't garbage anymore. I remember being younger and if you bought a Squire you were practically wasting your money. Nobody who owned one got any respect because no matter how skilled you were they'd still sound like garbage and drop tune immediately.

• Members

Holy {censored} is that some custom work or do these come stock?

Also, I'm loving that Squires aren't garbage anymore. I remember being younger and if you bought a Squire you were practically wasting your money. Nobody who owned one got any respect because no matter how skilled you were they'd still sound like garbage and drop tune immediately.

Heavily modified, of course.

• Members

I've had a number over the years, including a MIK "Strat II" (have no idea what the "II" was for, it was a pretty standard S-S-S blackie Strat with a maple board), a recent Vintage Modified Thinline Tele (the one with the Gibby-scale neck and rosewood board) I played for a few months while flipping it, an '80's MIJ blonde Tele that was one of my main giggers for awhile, and a Tom Delonge Strat (bought specifically to flip and never gigged or even played, except to check repairs).

Down to one Squier currently, my first decent bass, an '80's MIJ "E" series Precision Bass, bought for a Benjamin with a cheapo chipboard case:

92632799_645eaf262c_o.jpg

Playing in 2007:

l.jpg

• Members

How do you like that HS Obey Tele?

It was alright. Nothing really special, IMO. I just liked the graphics.

Neck was OK, but I just couldn't like it. Sold both the tele and strat obey guitars about a few months after I got it.

Archived