OK Squier Army ........... I WANNA SEE YOUR SQUIERS !!!!!

Dr. Scottie C

• Members

Picked this up yesterday for $100. 88-89 Korean that was refinished in Fiesta Red Nitro a long time ago. Very smooth player with odd looking pickups. They're VERY tall, about the same as a SD Classic Stack. I'm guessing they're aftermarket as there was a couple of solder balls rolling around in the pickup cavity. Whatever they are they sound great and won't be getting changed.

DSC05796.jpg

DSC05797.jpg

DSC05802.jpg

DSC05803.jpg

DSC05801.jpg

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 6 months later...
  • Members

Mine is a Squier ST-331 Stratocaster (not a Bullet, despite its single pickup.) It was made in Japan. It has an A serial number on the neck plate. It has a rosewood fretboard, black headstock, single humbucker, short Gibson 24.75" scale. The output jack is in the pickguard. The two switches are a coil tap switch and a killswitch that I added in the early '90s. The pickup that was in it when I bought it was an Epiphone humbucker, but I put in a cheap EMG Select pickup when I dropped the guitar and ruined the pickup. This was my first guitar, and I would grab it if my house were on fire and I only had time to grab one of my guitars. I've had it since 1992 and I hope to never part with it. It's an extremely high quality guitar and plays better than some $1000+ guitars that I have played. If you have a good Squier, you have a damn good guitar, and I'm lucky to have one.

7001778261_afcffcd63b_c.jpg

6855662564_3c8791e139_c.jpg

6855662060_7461c7f7e0_c.jpg

Carter the Cat approves of the Stratocaster:

6855664884_a96d6f3673_c.jpg

• Members

DSC07482.jpg
L to R: MIK Pro Tone, OBEY, MIJ contemporary, Hello Kitty, MIJ ST-331 short scale, special edition chrome, MIJ 50's RI contemporary

How do you like your ST-331? A red ST-331 (which can be seen upthread) was my first guitar. It's a lovely guitar. It plays like a dream, and the short scale makes bending very easy. The quality is higher than many Fender-branded guitars that I've played, not to mention Gibsons and other brands. I may replace the cheap Select pickup with a red dually Lace Sensor or possibly a more traditional humbucker. Is yours all original? How long have you had it? I've had mine since 1992 and found it in a guitar shop in Arkansas for $125.

• Members

electric lady

1982 JV Fender Stratocaster Squier Series - Kinman pickups - Gotoh tuners - Graphtech string trees - Custom finish - Refretted five times - stolen in '87 and recovered in '88 resulting in refinish - was my number one for 25 years until a friend gave me a Les Paul

• 4 months later...
  • Members

bugo wrote:

DSC07482.jpg
L to R: MIK Pro Tone, OBEY, MIJ contemporary, Hello Kitty, MIJ ST-331 short scale, special edition chrome, MIJ 50's RI contemporary

How do you like your ST-331? A red ST-331 (which can be seen upthread) was my first guitar. It's a lovely guitar. It plays like a dream, and the short scale makes bending very easy. The quality is higher than many Fender-branded guitars that I've played, not to mention Gibsons and other brands. I may replace the cheap Select pickup with a red dually Lace Sensor or possibly a more traditional humbucker. Is yours all original? How long have you had it? I've had mine since 1992 and found it in a guitar shop in Arkansas for $125.

It's a pretty good player. I just find that the neck is a little small. It's not original - tuners are Sperzel, humbucker is SD JB. It's also been routed for HSS, but I converted it back to the original single H config.

I've had mine for 2 years? Maybe, I don't really remember anymore.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived