No announcement yet.

Good cheap octave pedals

Collapse

X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good cheap octave pedals

What are some sub 100 dollar octave pedals that you guys like (used or new)? What are the advantages/disadvantages of digital vs. analog? Thanks.
    Guitars: Godin Session CB, Larrivee D-05, Ibanez RG, Hagstrom Swede
    Amps/Cabs: Fargen Miniplex MKII, Egnater Tweaker, Fender Mustang III, Mills Afterburner 4x12

Good deals: Dimebag11, guitarslinger, ThePunisherTF, Wayne87mott, Kev324, zack, alaskaehlers, c2ply, ak37, droptrd, dboy5150, dropthisd, rbasaria, Shooto, Jon Hiller, DoubleBarrel, BabyDaddy, Edge11, bdhn, the gunslinger

"Hi, I'm Yesterday...and today I am looking for Tomorrow"- Maina

octave up or down?

Comment

The Danelectro Chili Dog is a pretty good octave-down pedal; monophonic, tracking is OK (if a bit glitchy on sustained notes) but it's clean and quite chunky sounding.

Great Deals With: sparkfriction, Elessar [Sly], WAWBanks, SG1, robw, eerock, deftoneboy, gae86, Army of Darkness, beexter, Robzilla, woolyh, ollenorin, gjhardwick, miffa 55, steinwand, digital, indigoguy, mr benn, silent-strat, chrispy108, Kayzer, jo_to_2, attic, uncle psychosis, Astatine, JBJ, red_riviera, Loobster, melx, gambit, ampman1989, TheBrainPolice, HeartfeltDawn, extremelybored, IvIark, CitizenErased, Jakkeh, garymcq, Jockman, ChrisB, Teleman1985, benmuky

Comment

Digital will usually get you polyphonic octave shifting. Analog usually won't. Check before you buy to see if it has the specs you want.
        Good Deals with: Snail_killer, myTakamine, C Fuzz, johnrambo, AnderMocs (x2), finboy, conky, themeanreds, masterwuhan, smrz, brandnewzo, Jisatsu, RoboPimp, itkindaworks, CrowShack, Coach, Leaves, Yarbicus, Raintes, jcm800stratman, -MBro-, smalltownsongs, TravvyBear, young_grandma, d_dave_c, homestar_kevin, cryptosonic, RockDaJoJo, Lonely Tourist, jhamnett, H.P. Lovecraft, killthehippies45, bikescene, delayed delay, christianatlBad Deals: Hello Music & Cascade Microphones

Comment

OC-2
          Originally Posted by RoboPimp

doesn't everyone have a psychedelic dungeon?

Cool people : Tengo, jah_vengeance, Supernova9, scott_tele, 21rush12, HeartfeltDawn, Kaz2550, Kayzer, daysofspeed, kpd78, RoboPimp, jrkirkish, WAWBanks, PerFusionist, Pointer, wiklund87, tubezipper, Foamoi_refreshe, melx, JRBain, arcaneaether, Barnaby, Hardly, strtdv, sh333, RadioSilence, deftoneboy, Poltergeist, Snufkino, Mogwai, Soapbars, fuzzface71, JDE and loads more...

Comment

The Guyatone MO3 (analogue, monophonic) is great for distorted-glitchy-synthy octave down effects.

Great Deals With: sparkfriction, Elessar [Sly], WAWBanks, SG1, robw, eerock, deftoneboy, gae86, Army of Darkness, beexter, Robzilla, woolyh, ollenorin, gjhardwick, miffa 55, steinwand, digital, indigoguy, mr benn, silent-strat, chrispy108, Kayzer, jo_to_2, attic, uncle psychosis, Astatine, JBJ, red_riviera, Loobster, melx, gambit, ampman1989, TheBrainPolice, HeartfeltDawn, extremelybored, IvIark, CitizenErased, Jakkeh, garymcq, Jockman, ChrisB, Teleman1985, benmuky

Comment

inb4 Joyo Ultimate Octave

DOD Octoplus is pretty sweet.
              FAPASSfrittata! Unload your troubles unto me, even if it's tough to swallow. I'm used to swallowing huge loads.I guess the apple doesn't fall far from the chip off the old dick

Comment

OC-2 and guyatone are both really good, but i always liked the Arion Octave for octave down. It can get glitchy , but you can also do cleaner sounds than with the other two

Comment

Oh also the Behringer PS5 clone (US600 I think, Ultra Shifter/Harmonist). Does all the stuff the PS5 does so harmonizer + pitch shifting from -2 octaves to +2 octaves as well as the Detune setting which is kinda like a chorus but I never really liked that on either pedal.
                  FAPASSfrittata! Unload your troubles unto me, even if it's tough to swallow. I'm used to swallowing huge loads.I guess the apple doesn't fall far from the chip off the old dick

Comment

The Danelectro Chili Dog is a pretty good octave-down pedal; monophonic, tracking is OK (if a bit glitchy on sustained notes) but it's clean and quite chunky sounding.

This +1

Far and away the best octave ive played for a more organic feel.
                    www.lastchanceisrock.com

Brand new cd ...And Then It Rains now available
                    here>>> http://cdbaby.com/cd/lastchance2

And also on iTunes and Napster

Rogue Analog Delay $25 shipped

Good traders: KLeeneX, Solcat, DARKMETL/,Procreatur,TheAmazingBlob,SnoMan97,Steve the Hero, NITROHOLIC, jrcorp,madryan,iblastoff,Doctor Morbius,teletaylor

Bad trader ontariomaximus(Randy Fay of Phaez Amps)

Comment

octave up or down?

Octave Down. I'm looking for something that gets that "CKYish" thickness.

What exactly is the difference between polyphonic and monophonic soundwise? Also is the Chili dog digital or analog?
                      Guitars: Godin Session CB, Larrivee D-05, Ibanez RG, Hagstrom Swede
                      Amps/Cabs: Fargen Miniplex MKII, Egnater Tweaker, Fender Mustang III, Mills Afterburner 4x12

Good deals: Dimebag11, guitarslinger, ThePunisherTF, Wayne87mott, Kev324, zack, alaskaehlers, c2ply, ak37, droptrd, dboy5150, dropthisd, rbasaria, Shooto, Jon Hiller, DoubleBarrel, BabyDaddy, Edge11, bdhn, the gunslinger

"Hi, I'm Yesterday...and today I am looking for Tomorrow"- Maina

Comment

What exactly is the difference between polyphonic and monophonic soundwise?

Polyphonic means it can track more than one note so you can play chords, monophonic can only track one note.

Don't think they sound different, they just track differently :]
                        Originally Posted by RoboPimp

doesn't everyone have a psychedelic dungeon?

Cool people : Tengo, jah_vengeance, Supernova9, scott_tele, 21rush12, HeartfeltDawn, Kaz2550, Kayzer, daysofspeed, kpd78, RoboPimp, jrkirkish, WAWBanks, PerFusionist, Pointer, wiklund87, tubezipper, Foamoi_refreshe, melx, JRBain, arcaneaether, Barnaby, Hardly, strtdv, sh333, RadioSilence, deftoneboy, Poltergeist, Snufkino, Mogwai, Soapbars, fuzzface71, JDE and loads more...

Comment

oh man, I forgot all about the Chili Dog... what a fun pedal. I should get one of those again
                          Builder of Monsterpiece Pedals
                          http://monsterpiecefuzz.com/
                          richard@monsterpiecefuzz.com

Comment

Octave Down. I'm looking for something that gets that "CKYish" thickness.

What exactly is the difference between polyphonic and monophonic soundwise? Also is the Chili dog digital or analog?

The CKY dudes use Boss OC-2s. I have been looking at the MXR Bass Octave Deluxe recently - seems like it would be good for what you are looking for.
                            Originally Posted by DunwichAmps

meh. more fuzz and dist

Comment

i did this intro with the oc2, with a comp before it and the geiger counter and a autowah afterwards.

the oc-2 is a nice little pedal, does need a comp., as do all octaves

the micropog is alot of fun as well
                              OTHERWORLDLY. Psychedelic, Noise, Shoegaze.Joey Levenson on SoundCloud

Comment

Working...
                              X