Harmony Central Forums
Announcement
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Current Pedalboard - Post Yours (#2)

Collapse



X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts







  • Quote Originally Posted by R2112
    View Post

    So I'll start our by saying that this is one hell of a sweet setup. Very, very, nice.



    But, from an economic standpoint....I could buy a car for what it would cost to assemble this board. And certainly a nice rack-mount effects unit or modeler. What's the motivation to stick with the boxes, when the cost starts reaching stratospheric heights?



    I realize the obvious answer is: "it sounds great", but there's got to be a point (especially for gigging) where you start to see diminishing returns.....




    Well, from my own experience, the one main plus is in the form of real-time tweak-ability. In theory my HD500 does everything I need and more but I realized I like having the ability to adjust parameters in real time without having to dive through menus so I started putting together a proper pedal board. With just a handful of pedals I've far exceeded the cost of a HD500 or similar multi-fx unit but I find the new (old-fashioned) setup to be much more conducive to experimentation.

    Comment








    • Quote Originally Posted by greeny23
      View Post





      Just looking at this board made me vomit money.
      good deals w/ pbone, sh333, homestar_kevin, johnrambo, the future king, MrMunky, Iamtehcure, miggy01, hangwire, pfindeis, Virex, orangesix, PurpleStrat, Exdeath, nickthebrick, devi ever, Crxshdxmmy, heykenny, letsgocoyote, Scarlet Theory, Free the Guilty, fruvai, friendlybunny, yannickbasset, duderanimous, vintageroad, jgs61, Vinhoff, leer43, hurleysurf, zygoat, lewzer, sodium_23, M-dawg, thefragile103, Blewbyou, StopReferencing, itkindaworks, Amplifier Worship

      Comment








      • Quote Originally Posted by R2112
        View Post

        I realize the obvious answer is: "it sounds great", but there's got to be a point (especially for gigging) where you start to see diminishing returns.....




        Incorrect. This is an investment board. He said it earlier... He's never going to gig with this. This is for collecting, enjoying, and profit. Function is not a priority here...
        NEW STUFF FOR SALE! NOW WITH MORE FEELING!






        Originally Posted by big_cat


        hands down the most valuable forumite









        Originally Posted by big_cat


        I'm partly serious and fully erect.

        Comment


        • it is a badass board for the studio.



          greeny .... is there any difference between the cheese source and the big cheese/brown source combo? i always thought those were the same circuits.
          good deals w/ pbone, sh333, homestar_kevin, johnrambo, the future king, MrMunky, Iamtehcure, miggy01, hangwire, pfindeis, Virex, orangesix, PurpleStrat, Exdeath, nickthebrick, devi ever, Crxshdxmmy, heykenny, letsgocoyote, Scarlet Theory, Free the Guilty, fruvai, friendlybunny, yannickbasset, duderanimous, vintageroad, jgs61, Vinhoff, leer43, hurleysurf, zygoat, lewzer, sodium_23, M-dawg, thefragile103, Blewbyou, StopReferencing, itkindaworks, Amplifier Worship

          Comment


          • I thought it was his BOTB 2012 preview
            O)))

            Comment








            • Quote Originally Posted by rileykill
              View Post

              it is a badass board for the studio.



              greeny .... is there any difference between the cheese source and the big cheese/brown source combo? i always thought those were the same circuits.




              I used to have a Big Cheese, Brown Source and Cheese Source all at the same time, and found the fuzz side of the CS to be noticeably brighter than the standalone Big Cheese. It may have been because of a slightly revised circuit, or maybe just the slight variances of components... or something else...

              The Brown Source side was identical to the standalone pedal as far as I could tell.
              .

              Great Deals With: sparkfriction, Elessar [Sly], WAWBanks, SG1, robw, eerock, deftoneboy, gae86, Army of Darkness, beexter, Robzilla, woolyh, ollenorin, gjhardwick, miffa 55, steinwand, digital, indigoguy, mr benn, silent-strat, chrispy108, Kayzer, jo_to_2, attic, uncle psychosis, Astatine, JBJ, red_riviera, Loobster, melx, gambit, ampman1989, TheBrainPolice, HeartfeltDawn, extremelybored, IvIark, CitizenErased, Jakkeh, garymcq, Jockman, ChrisB, Teleman1985, benmuky

              Comment








              • Quote Originally Posted by Poltergeist
                View Post

                that's a Shin-ei Companion clone someone offered me. rules. no Blue Box here, unfortunately. YET!



                the Dano is a V1 fuzz. ****************ing rules too.... i think i prefer it to any other Big Muff-type sounding pedal i've tried so far, but i'm still in the honeymoon phase. it's, to my knowledge, a Frantone Peach Fuzz, which is why they had to stop making it.




                Sweet, and Fuzzy!
                Listen to my band's new song "Clover" and download our albums free. modgun.bandcamp.com

                Comment








                • Quote Originally Posted by rileykill
                  View Post

                  Just looking at this board made me vomit money.




                  im not even remotely interested in anything but the CC2 which i really ****************ing want!
                  YᵒᵘOᶰˡʸLᶤᵛᵉ OᶰᶜᵉRobopimp wrote:Chat crüe is srs crüeFor Sale: Ibanez DML-10, Boss TW-1, Boss FZ-2/3Good deals with: Duderanimous, Overwhelmed987, Jules-RM, DoubleBarrel, HotRats, Fusion1, IRG, barney steele, Aaron SS, Urinate Forever, Raintes, crowquill, Blakemore Effects, Aimmar Cair, lefort_1, killthelights, 9720575 (CHUCK!)

                  Comment


                  • i love when people sneak something else into the picture jsut a little cuz they want you to ask about it.











                    Quote Originally Posted by jingobah
                    View Post

                    Newest setup...sounds nice! Also have a Headrush off to the side for looping...





                    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

                    Comment


                    • agreed, jingobah is a tgp'd chomp
                      YᵒᵘOᶰˡʸLᶤᵛᵉ OᶰᶜᵉRobopimp wrote:Chat crüe is srs crüeFor Sale: Ibanez DML-10, Boss TW-1, Boss FZ-2/3Good deals with: Duderanimous, Overwhelmed987, Jules-RM, DoubleBarrel, HotRats, Fusion1, IRG, barney steele, Aaron SS, Urinate Forever, Raintes, crowquill, Blakemore Effects, Aimmar Cair, lefort_1, killthelights, 9720575 (CHUCK!)

                      Comment








                      • Quote Originally Posted by d4rk0
                        View Post

                        Incorrect. This is an investment board. He said it earlier... He's never going to gig with this. This is for collecting, enjoying, and profit. Function is not a priority here...




                        OK....then, I'll alter my analogy a bit. For the money invested in that board, I could put together a hell of a computer-based studio, including some nice Pro-Tools equipment and guitar modeling software that would make all the same sounds. Right? What am I missing here?

                        Comment








                        • Quote Originally Posted by goodhonk
                          View Post

                          i love when people sneak something else into the picture jsut a little cuz they want you to ask about it.




                          i love when they make sure that no mass produced pleb filth infects their masterpiece
                          good deals with: outxthexeyes, steve_man, Cake Bakist, loomer415, Faldoe, Tupelo Son, Zemmy, duderanimous, orangesix, rhcp311, ispunk, theguitarist182, jorhay1, LSDis4me, MattTele, Raintes, hclapp219







                          Originally Posted by Naterel


                          I dunno, my glasses were dirty from slider grease thats why my vision was blurry.



                          pretty wife
                          soundcloud
                          facebook

                          Comment








                          • Quote Originally Posted by goodhonk
                            View Post







                            Quote Originally Posted by jingobah
                            View Post

                            Newest setup...sounds nice! Also have a Headrush off to the side for looping...





                            i love when people sneak something else into the picture jsut a little cuz they want you to ask about it.




                            Tell me more about that coiled cable. Do you notice any difference in your tone?

                            Comment


                            • imdabes buy my chorus or MIJ boss flanger!
                              YᵒᵘOᶰˡʸLᶤᵛᵉ OᶰᶜᵉRobopimp wrote:Chat crüe is srs crüeFor Sale: Ibanez DML-10, Boss TW-1, Boss FZ-2/3Good deals with: Duderanimous, Overwhelmed987, Jules-RM, DoubleBarrel, HotRats, Fusion1, IRG, barney steele, Aaron SS, Urinate Forever, Raintes, crowquill, Blakemore Effects, Aimmar Cair, lefort_1, killthelights, 9720575 (CHUCK!)

                              Comment








                              • Quote Originally Posted by kpd78
                                View Post

                                I used to have a Big Cheese, Brown Source and Cheese Source all at the same time, and found the fuzz side of the CS to be noticeably brighter than the standalone Big Cheese. It may have been because of a slightly revised circuit, or maybe just the slight variances of components... or something else...

                                The Brown Source side was identical to the standalone pedal as far as I could tell.




                                i've found this too really. although i've found the source side to have a little more volume on the dual than standalone. the dual one is ****************ing kickass.









                                Quote Originally Posted by rileykill
                                View Post

                                it is a badass board for the studio.



                                greeny .... is there any difference between the cheese source and the big cheese/brown source combo? i always thought those were the same circuits.




                                above.









                                Quote Originally Posted by d4rk0
                                View Post

                                Incorrect. This is an investment board. He said it earlier... He's never going to gig with this. This is for collecting, enjoying, and profit. Function is not a priority here...




                                this. he knows the score. i also have a practical board i've posted before.
                                Toyroom Effects
                                Buy My Spam!

                                All i wanted was a Pepsi..







                                Originally Posted by FreekishBluesFX


                                Your Super Crazy Greeny! Like Super Crazy...... Super Crazy. Super Crazy SUper Crazy...... Greeny23 I love how you are so super cool at this Forum YOUR SUPER COOL ... WE NEED TO FIND OUT MORE ON THESE TOXIC PEDALS... I almost bought one. I AM SO PISSED!

                                Comment









                                Working...
                                X