Harmony Central Forums
Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

A consolidation of Mooer Micro Pedal reviews.

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Macmart.com

Search: mooer

Originally Posted by IRG:
    "reunula speaks the trooth"

Comment

• I am hoping that as global warming melts the north pole caps, that the shipping lanes that will be opened up will speed up the time it takes goods from China to reach New York.
      - ChadEndorsing Artist: Cave Passive Pedals

Comment

• WELL CHINA IS CERTAINLY DOING THEIR PART TO SPEED UP SHIPPING BY POLLUTING THE ENVORONMENT. THEYRE DOING IT THEIR OWN WAY.

Comment

• Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Picklebottom
          View Post

WELL CHINA IS CERTAINLY DOING THEIR PART TO SPEED UP SHIPPING BY POLLUTING THE ENVORONMENT. THEYRE DOING IT THEIR OWN WAY.

SACJFA;LKNMBVPSIRTW98234-9584 BN SA=ADLKN DFADFIUDKF!!!!!!!!!!
          Will Chen Trio | FrugalGuitarist.com | FG on Facebook | Forum

Comment

• Quote Originally Posted by renula
            View Post

Macmart.com

Search: mooer

nope.jpg
            good deals with: outxthexeyes, steve_man, Cake Bakist, loomer415, Faldoe, Tupelo Son, Zemmy, duderanimous, orangesix, rhcp311, ispunk, theguitarist182, jorhay1, LSDis4me, MattTele, Raintes, hclapp219

Originally Posted by Naterel

I dunno, my glasses were dirty from slider grease thats why my vision was blurry.

pretty wife
            soundcloud
            facebook

Comment

• Mooer Ana Echo @ Marcmart.com

http://www.marcmart.com/mooer-ana-ec...ue-bypass.html

Ren forgot an R in his reply.

Comment

• thanks!
                good deals with: outxthexeyes, steve_man, Cake Bakist, loomer415, Faldoe, Tupelo Son, Zemmy, duderanimous, orangesix, rhcp311, ispunk, theguitarist182, jorhay1, LSDis4me, MattTele, Raintes, hclapp219

I dunno, my glasses were dirty from slider grease thats why my vision was blurry.

pretty wife
                soundcloud
                facebook

Comment

• anaecho or reecho. reecho sounds cooler in vids.

pretty wife
                  soundcloud
                  facebook

Comment

• They are different pedals, so different sounds. Which one fits the sound in your head?

Comment

• Quote Originally Posted by HungPhat
                      View Post

whats the rage machine a copy of?

I couldn't even begin to say. Sounds like a lot of metal pedals to me so it could be anything in that vein.
                      "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues" - Elizabeth Taylor

Originally Posted by Shane Marley

Yeah, I guess I hate women...

Originally Posted by thefyn

I SO STUPID!

Comment

• So I just got my Ana Echo in the mail and I'm really impressed. This thing comes incredibly close to my Dm-3. Like so close that I'll probably take the boss off my board for safe keeping. There is a bit of high pitched noise when set just before oscillation, but it isn't a problem imo. The dm-3 has a lower pitched oscillation, which can just as easily be a problem.

The repeats on the Ana are definitely more cutting than the dm-3 and there is also a fraction more delay time. I can record a comparison video if there is enough interest, but it would have to be a shoddy iphone job.

Also, the ana echo cost me 37 bucks for Marcmart. Unbelievable.
                        Great transactions with: Amplifier Worship, lowbrow, Faldoe, seifukusha, squareking, needleTOink, StopReferencing, Aaron SS, Lou-Dog

Comment

• Thanks for the review JordanJordan. I'd love to hear a video if you can find the time to make one.

I finally got my ultramini Mooer board together on the weekend - 5 Mooers on an old wooden food presentation dish... attacked with a router a bit so cables fit etc. and powered by an old, unregulated Ibanez power supply (need to get another 1spot).

Though you guys might be interested in my thoughts on how the Mooers work out live. Played in church Sunday - home-made semihollow ash tele with 4way switch and duncan singles > Flex Boost (set for OD rather than boost) > Black Secret > Ensemble King > Trelicopter > Ana echo > Vox Night Train head thru old grey rat fur Tubeworks 1x12 cab with no-name driver that I leave at church...

So one at a time:

The Flex Boost is a really nice OD, sounded great in the room. My favourite OD for single coils is the Boss OD3, the flex boost is thicker/rounder sounding than the OD3 as I had it set up, but still cut through well. Also stacked well.

The Black Secret is a great Rat. Sounds like a Rat, in a very good way. I prefer it to my Rat2, and my big box RI is dead at the moment (need to get on to fixing that) but this to me also sounds a little better than I recall the RI sounding. I tend to set my rats on lower drive with highish filter, and this sounds great that way, but also with the drive higher sounds very cool.

Power supply noise issues meant that the chorus was not really usable - pedal is fine by itself and makes nice chorus sounds, although nowhere near as nice as my favourite Arion SCH-1 which is way fatter. But then, it's not an SCH-1 clone (are you listening Mooer?!?!), but if they made one I would buy it in a heartbeat!

The trelicopter is fantastic. I'm falling in love with tremolo at the moment, and the Trelicopter just works - sounds great, and as a bonus you can tweak the speed with your toe. Significantly better than my reference Tuna Melt.

The Ana echo worked really well for me in the context I was using it in. Analog repeats just seem to drop in behind what you're playing and make things bigger without being cluttered like I find digital delays can do. In isolation, I don't like the Mooer as much as my Ibanez AD99, but live it was fantastic. Also, it beats the AD99 because my AD99 won't oscillate, and cranking up towards oscillation and then down again at the end of a song worked a treat.

I'm trying to leave my mooer buys at that (plus the pitch box and shimverb I can sub into the 5 spots on the board if necessary), but man would I be tempted if they came out with versions of the SCH-1, VB-2 and/or AD9 (or99).

Steve
                          Great trades with Tengo, Goldie-gold, Ancient Mariner, TritoneTerror and lowbrow

Comment

• Quote Originally Posted by caeman
                            View Post

UPDATE: Why not, let's do this. One Mooer Ana Echo is ordered and I chose the Registered Airmail w/ Tracking. Because...I am OCD about tracking things on which I've spent my money. And I needed a delay. Now to save up for the Trelicopter.

I have joined the $44 ana echo bandwagon, and I ordered a joyo AC tone ($39.50) while I was at it. Day of the cheap pedals! jordanjordan comparing it to his dm-3 kinda sold it to me.

Quote Originally Posted by stevemcb
                            View Post

The Black Secret is a great Rat. Sounds like a Rat, in a very good way. I prefer it to my Rat2, and my big box RI is dead at the moment (need to get on to fixing that) but this to me also sounds a little better than I recall the RI sounding. I tend to set my rats on lower drive with highish filter, and this sounds great that way, but also with the drive higher sounds very cool.

That makes sense to me. OMB's rat comparison revealed the Black Secret to have a thicker midrange and less high end that the Proco Rats he was comparing it to. I find Rats at their lower drive settings to have plenty of high end and upper mids but be quite thin due to the bass cut - they don't thicken out until you turn the gain up a bit. So if you take a rat and give it thicker mids and less highs, I can imagine the low gain stuff being pretty sweet.

Quote Originally Posted by stevemcb
                            View Post

I'm trying to leave my mooer buys at that (plus the pitch box and shimverb I can sub into the 5 spots on the board if necessary), but man would I be tempted if they came out with versions of the SCH-1, VB-2 and/or AD9 (or99).

Steve

If they revise the shimverb so the pitch shift isn't a 5th or whatever it is, I'd get one. I know the octave thing is effecta-non-grata here thanks to the P&W overuse etc, but IMO an octave is the most useable - always in key, stays defined from your playing. A fifth or fourth or whatever they chose is a cool and more interesting effect, but it really limits when you'd want to turn the pedal on because musically it won't always work.
                            Originally Posted by telephant

Tone is really half the argument. We both know ultimately it means nothing. Write a song. Write. A ****************ing. Song.

UK based band;
                            http://www.captainhorizon.co.uk

Comment

• I have to say the Shimverb is not that exciting to me, but I'm not a reverb hound. The shimmer sounds pretty foul IMHO with the 5th interval, the spring and hall are cool but I prefer dry.
                              Great trades with Tengo, Goldie-gold, Ancient Mariner, TritoneTerror and lowbrow

Comment

• what they were thinking when they designed the shimmer.
                                http://victor2k2.bandcamp.com

Comment

Working...
                                X