• Time
  • Show
Clear All

santana is usually fail.
    ORANGE AMPS
    Good Deals

Winner "Best Multi-Amp Rig" 2012 BOTR

Originally Posted by Sex Panther

I never called myself "Love Panther" or "Commitment Panther".

Formerly known as Dolflundgren

Comment

This. Pretty fookin cool solo for a 63 yo. dude.

Because age has EVERYTHING to do with guitar playing ability...
      Avatar: I don't know who it is, but those are some epic tits.

Originally Posted by oinkbanana

PITA that i can't find something with some girth that i'm happy with.

Comment

santana is usually fail.

This statement is unquestionably fail.
        Avatar: I don't know who it is, but those are some epic tits.

Originally Posted by oinkbanana

PITA that i can't find something with some girth that i'm happy with.

Comment

Santana > HCAF.
          Originally Posted by nightflameauto

You'd think the guy that argues faith as logic would let us all believe in the unicorn.

Originally Posted by draelyc

None of you understand. I'm not locked up in here posting to you. You're locked up in here posting to me.

Originally Posted by LoopQuantum

I'm helping you, for the future. This way, instead of humping life's doorknobs, you'll perhaps someday open one.

Hardvalve is like Nelo without the class or intelligence.
          Think about that and try not to get an aneurysm from it.

BLOG!
          TUNES!

Comment

I'm not saying he can't play.

I'm saying he has absolutely nothing to offer musically.
            ORANGE AMPS
            Good Deals

Winner "Best Multi-Amp Rig" 2012 BOTR

Originally Posted by Sex Panther

I never called myself "Love Panther" or "Commitment Panther".

Formerly known as Dolflundgren

Comment

I'm not saying he can't play.

I'm saying he has absolutely nothing to offer musically.

THIS ^^^ should be the tag line for HCAF, instead of "How to find the right amp and maximize the tone of your current amp."

You'd think the guy that argues faith as logic would let us all believe in the unicorn.

None of you understand. I'm not locked up in here posting to you. You're locked up in here posting to me.

I'm helping you, for the future. This way, instead of humping life's doorknobs, you'll perhaps someday open one.

BLOG!
              TUNES!

Comment

Santana's act has worn thin, already

The guy's a consummate player, but, damn it Carlos, write your own **************** for once, will ya? It's the same bs for years now: find obscure songwriter, load up song with obligatory sig solos, do nothing else, take credit for whole song (or album). You'd think after being a pro player for 1,000 years he wouldn't have to be such a ****************ing parasite.
                Stuff: Jackson Kelly w/SD JB/Jazz
                Randall RM100
                Carvin Legacy 4x12 cab
                Pod XT Live
                BBE Sonic Maximizer

I used to give a ****************, but the turd got smaller and smaller until there was no **************** left to give...

Comment

Lots of famous (and gifted) singers have come along over the years who've never written their own material. Why the double-standard when it's a guitar player (essentially "singing" through his instrument)?

BLOG!
                  TUNES!

Comment

Lots of famous (and gifted) singers have come along over the years who've never written their own material. Why the double-standard when it's a guitar player (essentially "singing" through his instrument)?

You've got a point, alot of singers do the same thing, but they don't sing all their songs exactly the same, either. Santana's been milking the same tone and style, essentially the same solos, for decades now. When somebody sings, they can interpret a song in a variety of ways; Carlos Santana just plays the same stuff, over and over, and shoehorns it in.
                    Stuff: Jackson Kelly w/SD JB/Jazz
                    Randall RM100
                    Carvin Legacy 4x12 cab
                    Pod XT Live
                    BBE Sonic Maximizer

I used to give a ****************, but the turd got smaller and smaller until there was no **************** left to give...

Comment

This forum's hatred of rap is amusing. And the original of this song is basically a rap song, anyway, which makes the hate even funnier to me in this case.

Anyways, this track is fine, Nas ain't the best mc but he ain't bad, and Carlos' solo gave enough nods to Angus whilst still being distinctly his own. All around, a good cover. What's the point of a cover that doesn't re-imagine the original, anyway?

There are much more deserving candidates for hate out there in both the rap and rock worlds...

how the hell is the original basically a rap song?
                      Check out my clips at: www.soundclick.com/purplenurple

Originally Posted by RockStarBassist

You've pretty much just become my new Jesus Christ, Lord and Savior. And you can sig that.

Originally Posted by richardcouch

mother ****************ing finish 1 mother ****************ing tune

Originally Posted by Murdoch

LAWL

nurp, you could jarsquat a wine barrel if it was filled with gear.

Originally Posted by abecon5

do me now. you are my kind of whore.

avoid at all costs: Jbrazz, Indianscout and Aporcelainsky

Comment

how the hell is the original basically a rap song?

Just listen to the way the lyrics are delivered. They aren't sung; they're essentially "rapped" ~ it's much more about the rhythm and impact of the syllables than pitch or notes.

Aerosmith's "Walk This Way" was the same kind o' thing, which is I'm sure why RunDMC chose to cover the tune, gnome sane?

BLOG!
                        TUNES!

Comment

You've got a point, alot of singers do the same thing, but they don't sing all their songs exactly the same, either. Santana's been milking the same tone and style, essentially the same solos, for decades now. When somebody sings, they can interpret a song in a variety of ways; Carlos Santana just plays the same stuff, over and over, and shoehorns it in.

I can see where you're coming from. I'm not sure I agree with you completely, but I can definitely see what you're saying.

BLOG!
                          TUNES!

Comment

Just listen to the way the lyrics are delivered. They aren't sung; they're essentially "rapped" ~ it's much more about the rhythm and impact of the syllables than pitch or notes.

Aerosmith's "Walk This Way" was the same kind o' thing, which is I'm sure why RunDMC chose to cover the tune, gnome sane?

Yes, but the big difference is AC DC and Aerosmith were musicians.
                            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oX8Rlckxuro

http://www.myspace.com/envenomationtoronto
                            http://www.myspace.com/dimensionsdivide

Comment

I kinda liked it

Sweet solo
                              Originally Posted by Rampage

**************** cleans, play distortion?

Originally Posted by RiffDaemon

The scratchy high-end sounds like a wreck in Excitebike

Originally Posted by buddhapaugh

I had a nightmare experience like yours, Nerine, when I was in my late 20's/early 30's and was doing the tag-team thing with my buddy over the toilet. Now that was something----

Guitars:
                              Fender-Hamer-Michael Kelly-Starfield-Ibanez

Amps/Cabs
                              Drive-Eminence-Electro Harmonix-Fender-Jet City-Kustom-VHT-Yamaha

FX
                              ISP-Keeley-Pigtronix

Comment

Rap music IS music. The lyrical delivery is just unique to its genre. Why is that so hard to grasp?
                                Good Dealings: Riffhead, Booher, Budkingston,THSea, Senor-Penguin, Itsatimemachine, rxkid75, Mueller, Leaves, Stevenglass, iamthearm, stratedge09, Hosebeast

http://www.myspace.com/mandoc80

Comment

Working...
                                X