Santana Fail

nvranka

• Members

you're retarded man.

I do like Santana, but there is no way you can possibly claim this cover is good. It sounds like complete {censored}, and while the solo isn't "bad" it surely doesn't make up for the horrendous {censored}-up that is the rest of the song.

I don't see how any of you can even fathom standing up for this garbage. None of us are saying anything bad about santana as a musician...as I do like a lot of the stuff he has done over the years...but the majority of this cover album is complete and utter trash.

Also, I have nothing against rap/hip-hop and listen to it relatively frequently.

That doesn't mean you aren't wrong. In fact, calling other people "retarded" suggests the opposite. :cop:

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
Just listen to the way the lyrics are delivered. They aren't sung; they're essentially "rapped" ~ it's much more about the rhythm and impact of the syllables than pitch or notes.

Aerosmith's "Walk This Way" was the same kind o' thing, which is I'm sure why RunDMC chose to cover the tune, gnome sane?

I agree with Dr drae. The original has very much a rapped delivery.

• Members

Carlos played at Woodstock, is a multi-millionaire Grammy winning artist with tons of custom endorsments, making albums and touring the world, and has his own Charitable organization giving back.

Also Mesa Boogie got it's name after they delivered one of the first amps to Carlos, and he said "man that thing really Boogies"

Meanwhile HC is full of wankers arguing for hours if not days on a computer because it's all about them.

Santana does more musically in a year than most people do in a lifetime.:cop:

• Members

Carlos Santana was creating Godlike guitar music since the sixties. His style and tone are legendary and as far as I am concerned he is the most unique and skilled guitarist ever.

He has been making hits for over 50 years 50 years....

He will lay down his guitar when and if he feels like, he has earned that type of reputation.

Listen to one of his solos, try and match his soul, his timing, his volume control and just pure tasteful licks. Carlos played as fast as anyone ever did, but only when speed and crescendo served the song.

• Members

He will lay down his guitar when and if he feels like, he has earned that type of reputation.

Listen to one of his solos, try and match his soul, his timing, his volume control and just pure tasteful licks. Carlos played as fast as anyone ever did, but only when speed and crescendo served the song.

1: Can you really say he's been making hits for over 50 years? From the mid-late 70's, to the 2000's, what did he do that anyone cared about? Nothing. That's a big 25 year gap.

2: Manufacturing {censored}ty covers is not "making hits either", so this album fails on more than one level.

3: The idea that just because someone is famous for a long time, means they are great...is bull{censored}.

4: I could never stand Santana's playing. It's so unbelievably repetitive(in his defense, mostly his newer stuff, his old stuff isn't as bad). His album with "smooth", and all those other {censored}ty pop hits where he was riding the coattails of modern artists, was horrendously repetitive. I swear he played the same 4 licks about 975 times in that one album. And yes, I heard the entire thing.

5: This song is god awful. And I actually like Nas. The VH one is a complete disgrace.

6: So because someone is a "legend" it gives them the right to take creative {censored}s on some of the best songs ever? Ok, I'll remember that when Eminem covers Stairway to Heaven. Because let's face it...he'll be a legend in 10 years or so(yuck).

Ok, my hatefest is over. Flame away. :cop:

• Members

1: Can you really say he's been making hits for over 50 years? From the mid-late 70's, to the 2000's, what did he do that anyone cared about? Nothing. That's a big 25 year gap.

2: Manufacturing {censored}ty covers is not "making hits either", so this album fails on more than one level.

3: The idea that just because someone is famous for a long time, means they are great...is bull{censored}.

4: I could never stand Santana's playing. It's so unbelievably repetitive(in his defense, mostly his newer stuff, his old stuff isn't
as
bad). His album with "smooth", and all those other {censored}ty pop hits where he was riding the coattails of modern artists, was horrendously repetitive. I swear he played the same 4 licks about 975 times in that one album. And yes, I heard the entire thing.

5: This song is god awful. And I actually like Nas. The VH one is a complete disgrace.

6: So because someone is a "legend" it gives them the right to take creative {censored}s on some of the best songs ever? Ok, I'll remember that when Eminem covers Stairway to Heaven. Because let's face it...he'll be a legend in 10 years or so(yuck).

Ok, my hatefest is over. Flame away.
:cop:

This, that, and everything^

• Members

That's a big 25 year gap.

4: I could never stand Santana's playing. It's so unbelievably repetitive(in his defense, mostly his newer stuff, his old stuff isn't
as
bad). His album with "smooth", and all those other {censored}ty pop hits where he was riding the coattails of modern artists, was horrendously repetitive. I swear he played the same 4 licks about 975 times in that one album. And yes, I heard the entire thing.

Ok, my hatefest is over. Flame away.

you missed some pretty big Santana songs with that comment. This song was huge on radio stations and with the top-notch cover bands.

[YOUTUBE]8Bb6f3lEgz0[/YOUTUBE]

And this whole album was killer. And you couldn't turn MTV on w/o hearing this song when it came out.

[YOUTUBE]FvhuBr3BpIo[/YOUTUBE]

and Carlos "quacking". This one gets steady airplay still around here.

[YOUTUBE]JoZLdivjgjE[/YOUTUBE]

• Members

This forum's hatred of rap is amusing. And the original of this song is basically a rap song, anyway, which makes the hate even funnier to me in this case.
:idk:

Anyways, this track is fine, Nas ain't the best mc but he ain't bad, and Carlos' solo gave enough nods to Angus whilst still being distinctly his own. All around, a good cover. What's the point of a cover that doesn't re-imagine the original, anyway?

There are much more deserving candidates for hate out there in both the rap and rock worlds...

yeah cause this is real rap :lol:

• Members

the thing about Carlos' soloing compared to some others is that his solos sound like "music", not a guy soloing.

Archived