Santana Fail

nvranka

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

the thing about Carlos' soloing compared to some others is that his solos sound like "music", not a guy soloing.

He was/is so special. I can hear two notes by him and I know it is Carlos. No one EVER poured their soul and emotions into each note more than CS.

He was asked once what his goal is when he plays and he answered something to the effect of "to make every single note special"

Guess I am just a big fan, some folks like peanut butter, some don't.

• Members

dude I didnt make this thread to say CS is bad or that I dont like him, but anyone who thinks that back in black cover, or any song from that new album for that matter, is anything other that {censored} has a screw loose or far too massive of a boner for santana.

• Members

One last word if i may....

all of this talk about Santana not writing a lot of his material......well I we all know he has done a lot of covers but I would give my left nut and be happy forever is I ever wrote Samba Pa Ti or Europa.......

I was 16 years old and smoking when his first album came out and believe me folks.....it was in the top five all time albums....right up there with Hendrix, Led Zep or The Beatles (well that may be going too far LOL).

• Members
dude I didnt make this thread to say CS is bad or that I dont like him, but anyone who thinks that back in black cover, or any song from that new album for that matter, is anything other that {censored} has a screw loose or far too massive of a boner for santana.

yes, because people can't have different tastes, can they?

• Members
yes, because people can't have different tastes, can they?

Do me a favor: go back and listen to that song again...

Now, tell me that this is an issue of taste.

I mean seriously...:lol:

And if someone thinks this is anything other than crap...they shouldn't be allowed to think for themselves :idea::lol:

Archived