Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I know lots of conservative people who always vote for the dems. Ever belong to a labor union in a blue collar work environment? I have. It was a ton of racist conservatives who all voted democrat.
    Diddlybo
    -----------------------------------------------
    Smoke 'em if you got 'em.
    My current amp selection:
    Carr Slant6V, Allen Accomplice, Rivera R-30 Thirty-twelve, Fender ChampII, Tech21 Trademark 10

Good HCAF transactions with hal9000, guitup, Anibas and ARS.

Comment

I can't find a link to it at the moment, but I remember reading a study done a few years back by a research group that showed that Republicans were the least informed segment of our society.

They put together a test designed to determine how politically informed any given person was. The questions were designed not to be affected by ideology, for example "What is the difference between Medicare and Medicaid?" and "Who is eligible for each?", etc. For each question, there was a right answer, and that answer had nothing to do with one's political views, but was based purely on facts.

They also asked everyone taking the test their political affiliation (Repub, Dem or Independant) and how politically informed they believe they are on a scale of 1-10, with ten being the most informed. They instituted the test in areas throughout the country to make sure that their results weren't skewed by geography. Regardless of where they gave the test, they got the same overall results:

1) Republicans consistently considered themselves the most informed.
      but
      2) Republicans consistently scored the lowest of the three groups.

The phrase "too stupid to know what they don't know" comes to mind. But that's what happens when you have an army of meatheads armed with talking points gleaned from Republican propaganda rags instead of actually being remotely informed about anything.
      Amps:Framus Dragon, 5150, Mesa Mark IV, Mesa Triple Recto, FJA XXX, FJA PV RM -->Mesa 50/50, PV Ultra 120, FJA PV Penta, FJA DoubleCross, FJA Windsor, GK MLE Head, GK 2100SEL, Marshall 9100

Cabs:3 Marshall 1960B, 2 Avatar 2x15, 2 Laney 4x12's, Mesa Recto 4x12 & 1x12, various 2x12's

Good Trades With: Exocaster, ams2ek, Chrisman926, Digital Jams, thesplawnster, Soulcrusher_X, meadows.83, Vinhoff, John Busbee, rebornself27, MadCow, mincy, Guitarted, The Riffer, Keebz, guitarbilly74

Comment

I agree, and it's a shame.

The fact that we are this way isnt a shame.. Its a shame that we dont value experience and knowledge as humans. If we did we wouldnt have many of the problems that we have.
        HCAF Public Enemy #1
        VHT Pittbull CLX
        VHT Fat Bottom 4x12
        Jackson Soloist SL2H
        Jackson DKMG EMG 81/85 18v

Originally Posted by nedezero

You realize under Sharia law, she'll be required to get a circumcision.

Comment

Catastrophic logic phail.

You read/comprehended that whole article in less than 10 minutes?

oke:
          Gibson Ibanez Diezel / Fender / Dan Hall

Originally Posted by Sixtonoize

This.

I couldn't have said it better.

Originally Posted by K-Bizzle

Yeah I'm with Abstract here...

Originally Posted by Bob Savage

I like your style, and attention to reason.

Originally Posted by TornadoOfSouls

Just don't buy it from Dewy / Musicians Friend.

Originally Posted by justcrash

Winner winner, chicken dinner!

Great deals with: MHenson, Honkridge, Ledvedder, Rik-Guitarstudi, ***1776***, shane159, chriscnb, LA-Ü-RA, LoopQuantum, exafro, Silvervox325, EdgeOfDarkness, Ricky Bobby, Valtiel, Fretless, 100 watt...

Comment

I can't find a link to it at the moment, but I remember reading a study done a few years back by a research group that showed that Republicans were the least informed segment of our society.

They put together a test designed to determine how politically informed any given person was. The questions were designed not to be affected by ideology, for example "What is the difference between Medicare and Medicaid?" and "Who is eligible for each?", etc. For each question, there was a right answer, and that answer had nothing to do with one's political views, but was based purely on facts.

They also asked everyone taking the test their political affiliation (Repub, Dem or Independant) and how politically informed they believe they are on a scale of 1-10, with ten being the most informed. They instituted the test in areas throughout the country to make sure that their results weren't skewed by geography. Regardless of where they gave the test, they got the same overall results:

1) Republicans consistently considered themselves the most informed.
            but
            2) Republicans consistently scored the lowest of the three groups.

The phrase "too stupid to know what they don't know" comes to mind. But that's what happens when you have an army of meatheads armed with talking points gleaned from Republican propaganda rags instead of actually being remotely informed about anything.

Wow. Do you actually believe everything you read?

According to the media, every republican voter is a toothless, hillbilly redneck with a 3rd grade education and a Hitler poster on his living room wall. Every democrat voter is a well educated, highly intelligent person who is, for lack of a better word, perfect.

I live in the hood in Atl with a bunch of crackheads and thugs right across the street from me. Every time there is an election, a bus comes thru to pick them up to go vote democrat. Yeah, those guys are geniuses and not racists at all. Really progressive, those guys.
            Diddlybo
            Carr Slant6V, Allen Accomplice, Rivera R-30 Thirty-twelve, Fender ChampII, Tech21 Trademark 10

Comment

Seeing as it's usually Conservative Evangelicals that we see getting caught with gay prostitutes, or having attempting to have gay sex with strangers in airport bathrooms, I don't really follow your line of reasoning.

Sounds like you're grasping at straws to me, denial is a powerful neurosis. Good luck with that.

Sooooo the only ghey secks happening is with holy rollin conservatives and trannies?
              '12 Carvin DC800
              '08 Loomis FR EMG 707's
              ---
              Splawn Quickrod EL34's (Purple)
              AxeFX Ultra
              ART SLA-2

http://www.youtube.com/aconstantbattle
              ---
              Super Sexy Splawn Society

Comment

Wow. Do you actually believe everything you read?

According to the media, every republican voter is a toothless, hillbilly redneck with a 3rd grade education and a Hitler poster on his living room wall. Every democrat voter is a well educated, highly intelligent person who is, for lack of a better word, perfect.

I live in the hood in Atl with a bunch of crackheads and thugs right across the street from me. Every time there is an election, a bus comes thru to pick them up to go vote democrat. Yeah, those guys are geniuses and not racists at all. Really progressive, those guys.

+ 1

Its just seems that the hard left REALLY insulate themselves with this notion. Now Are there racists on the right? hell ****************ing yea there are, no argument from me ----- but wanna go into a northeast big city and hear what they think about southern people, think there is some bigotry and prejudice involved, what do u think? Do we have all brain surgeouns walking around these big lib cities? Whats the highschool drop out rate? SRSLY?

Again it helps to have the media and most entertainment and artists on you side as well, it helps paint the canvus you want 2 see --- again there are TONZ of idiots on the right, but **************** go into most big cities and you can get just as many dopes on the left as well

Reality bitches, come get some!
                ***Another USA Charvel SO-Cal Soon Tangerine 4 sale***
                ^^ Good deals with Glizard (ADA), electricdreams (Vetta) Fat Lou (Splawn) Tubesteakfortone (Marshall 3203, Riot pedal) agreed (Hafler-Radial) twisty571 (Mosvalve 962) Orbis Mortis (egnater) ~Abstract~ (JC amp) jn062181 (AXE - FX) ^^

PS -- I am the proud owner of the 1,000,000 post EVER on the HC amp forum 7/28/2006..

Comment

Sooooo the only ghey secks happening is with holy rollin conservatives and trannies?

No, but conservatives are usually the ones speaking loudest about gays and family values. Kind of ironic, idn't it?
                  PRS, Godin, Carvin, & Ibanez guitars
                  Digitech GSP1101/Control 2
                  Sennheiser G2 in-ear system

Originally Posted by DrakkarTyrannis

Ya'll n****s is gay

Cheers, Lucius.

Originally Posted by BrendanO

For real. Anomaly shreds not only his balls off, but the balls off two out of every five children born after 1992.

Band
                  YouTube
                  Facebook

Transactions with: OceansBetweenUs, eagertokill, rbasaria, outkastin2g, jonny_toetags, Findthetone, chriscnb, and CAC

Comment

No, but conservatives are usually the ones speaking loudest about gays and family values. Kind of ironic, idn't it?

Which is really the only reason that its a story.
                    HCAF Public Enemy #1
                    VHT Pittbull CLX
                    VHT Fat Bottom 4x12
                    Jackson Soloist SL2H

Comment

Not exactly. Two of the most homophobic groups in 'Murica are blacks and Hispanics. Two groups who are overwhelming democrat and very religious.

Of course, you won't hear much about that in our media because the media is pretty much a democrat propaganda machine.
                      Diddlybo

Comment

Not exactly. Two of the most homophobic groups in 'Murica are blacks and Hispanics. Two groups who are overwhelming democrat and very religious.

Of course, you won't hear much about that in our media because the media is pretty much a democrat propaganda machine.

The media is not a "democrat propaganda machine". The media and its actions are reflective of the society that we live in. Media content is dictated by ratings which are driven by the public so your problem is not with the media but with society. You are correct that blacks and hispanics are largely VERY homophobic but so are conservative whites.. Basically the majority of people are homophobic. The reason you dont see anything about it in the media is because minorities have VERY loud voices in this country and can hurt a media outlets ratings if they come out against them. It has nothing to be with republican or democrat.. That is typical republican spin and its bull****************.
                        HCAF Public Enemy #1
                        VHT Pittbull CLX
                        VHT Fat Bottom 4x12
                        Jackson Soloist SL2H

Comment

1 correction...

the black vote is about 90-10 democrat

and the hispanic vote is about 55-45 democrat, (in that range) it leans left, but its NOT the landslide that some think it is, its not!

Carry on
                          ***Another USA Charvel SO-Cal Soon Tangerine 4 sale***
                          ^^ Good deals with Glizard (ADA), electricdreams (Vetta) Fat Lou (Splawn) Tubesteakfortone (Marshall 3203, Riot pedal) agreed (Hafler-Radial) twisty571 (Mosvalve 962) Orbis Mortis (egnater) ~Abstract~ (JC amp) jn062181 (AXE - FX) ^^

PS -- I am the proud owner of the 1,000,000 post EVER on the HC amp forum 7/28/2006..

Comment

They do seem to be over focused on the sexuality of these gays more than their social worth.
                            '12 Carvin DC800
                            '08 Loomis FR EMG 707's
                            ---
                            Splawn Quickrod EL34's (Purple)
                            AxeFX Ultra
                            ART SLA-2

http://www.youtube.com/aconstantbattle
                            ---
                            Super Sexy Splawn Society

Comment

1 correction...

the hispanic vote is about 55-45 democrat, (in that range) it leans left, but its NOT the landslide that some think it is, its not!
                              Carry on

I stand corrected.
                              Diddlybo

Comment

The media is not a "democrat propaganda machine". The media and its actions are reflective of the society that we live in. Media content is dictated by ratings which are driven by the public so your problem is not with the media but with society. You are correct that blacks and hispanics are largely VERY homophobic but so are conservative whites.. Basically the majority of people are homophobic. The reason you dont see anything about it in the media is because minorities have VERY loud voices in this country and can hurt a media outlets ratings if they come out against them. It has nothing to be with republican or democrat.. That is typical republican spin and its bull****************.

I respectfully disagree. When it comes to politics, the media is not all reflective of the society I see every day with my own eyes. Maybe it is for you but its not for me.
                                Diddlybo

Comment

Working...
                                X