X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We have cancelled our Cable subscription eeek

Not sure how I feel about not having cable but we'll give it a try. The boys basically just watch the netflix on the rare occassion they do watch. Guess we'll have to try getting and US IP to get the US netflix (I hear it is better the the Canadian version). Anyone else cable free? Cheers, Lucius
    Good transactions with: Brewski, gtpfbod, Xenoanthropus, wassupg,NickCormier, Ben J , Skyhighrocks, JonathanD, gooman, UVguy, Rho, Erocku, warplanegrey, exilea, Jerryp, Mogwai, thefyn, guitarslinger, Mr Scary, madrigal77,Dark Aegis, a few others that have slipped my mind.

FS: Mesa Dual Rec - SOLD! To the man with the big green shoes!

US netflix has much more content than Canadian netflix (my buddy in Vancouver and I often compare).

Comment

I've thought about doing this several times before, including recently, but haven't been able to actually give it up. We watch Netflix mostly, but every time I consider cancelling cable, there is an excuse.

Football season is here, after all.

Comment

I killed cable over ten years ago because I was getting ****************ed around on my billing. Never renewed, tho i miss some content. Canadian Netflix sucks sphincter hard.
        The community here was awesome but the digs & spirit of the place has been in decline ever since it became a business venture rather than a simple collective and this latest gong show really brought the chickens home to roost.Necessity is the mother of invention, ergo: www.guitarampboard.com.So long and thanks for all the fish, love izzy.

Comment

i cancelled cable about 4 months ago, never been happier. such a gigantic time suck and waste of money.
          strat strat tele PRS agile gretsch martin

WINNER HCAF BEST RACK RIG 2012!!!!!!!

fender blues deluxe > whitebox 212

Good Transactions: Dehumanize, Jimosity, Panther King, Vangkm, Ejendres, Killindux, Colejustesen, SDMFVan, twisty571, dolf

Comment

Cancelled cable about 6 months ago. I have a lot of supplemental stuff though. Netflix, hulu plus, amazon prime (not because of the video service, but included here anyway), and an antenna (free).

I still save about 40 bucks a month over having cable, and i'm more than happy.

Comment

I cancelled my cable 2 1/2 years ago but they forgot to actually turn it off.
              http://www.guitarampboard.comLike my band on FB: http://www.facebook.com/thefew1All prices include shipping to ConUS.

Comment

I killed my cable at the beginning of this year. Just have Netflix. Never looked back.
                PROLETARIAT

Originally Posted by Norton666

Man , Ive held off replying to any Klops threads because its kind of like the sweet , naive retarded kid down the street who is out putting in hours on his pogo stick every single night with dreams of someday going pro . You have to admire his ambition and determination , but at some point , he will realize he is retarded and there isnt a pro pogo stick league. I just dont wanna be the guy to tell him . Wait...............

Comment

I haven't had cable in about 4 years. Since then I just use Netflix streaming and Vudu for pay-per-view movies. Works great for me but I was not a big TV watcher to begin with.
                  Good Dealings with: LoFiBrian, 23cicero, Keebz, O'Rourke, PBomber22, cadillacman, chuckmehh, FXR, Jesse G, lank81

BlueStrat: I have to laugh when people will pay $1.69 for a bottle of Pepsi, 3 bucks for a latte or $1.39 for a frigging candy bar but a song they can own, listen to, learn and keep for years is too much at 99 cents.

http://www.myspace.com/dalisllama

Comment

I haven't had cable in about 4 years. Since then I just use Netflix streaming and Vudu for pay-per-view movies. Works great for me but I was not a big TV watcher to begin with.
                    Good Dealings with: LoFiBrian, 23cicero, Keebz, O'Rourke, PBomber22, cadillacman, chuckmehh, FXR, Jesse G, lank81

BlueStrat: I have to laugh when people will pay $1.69 for a bottle of Pepsi, 3 bucks for a latte or $1.39 for a frigging candy bar but a song they can own, listen to, learn and keep for years is too much at 99 cents.

http://www.myspace.com/dalisllama

Comment

Just got my bill for Comcast. 198.00 a month for Cable, Internet and phones. Thinking about getting rid of it also. **************** THEM
                      MFPOMFS

♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♪♫♪♫♪ ♪♫♪♫♪♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪ ♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪ ♫♪♫♪♫♪

Comment

I have the basic Comcast that is like $14 a month and gets you the main 4 networks (fox, ABC, NBC, CSB) It's basically there for local news and football. Almost all of our other TV watching is Netflix.

I hate cable companies.
                        Some Gear:
                        Bogner EL34 Shiva
                        Peavey Delta Blues
                        Line 6 POD HD 500
                        Various Guitars mostly cheap.

Click here for a list of references: link
                        Bad transactions: Willshrdforfood

Spam: Sold out. Check back later.

Comment

I have the basic Comcast that is like $14 a month and gets you the main 4 networks (fox, ABC, NBC, CSB) It's basically there for local news and football. Almost all of our other TV watching is Netflix.

I hate cable companies.
                          Some Gear:
                          Bogner EL34 Shiva
                          Peavey Delta Blues
                          Line 6 POD HD 500
                          Various Guitars mostly cheap.

Click here for a list of references: link
                          Bad transactions: Willshrdforfood

Spam: Sold out. Check back later.

Comment

My dad forgot to pay the cable bill back in 2002 and then decided that 'you kids watch too much TV anyways', so I've been without it since. There's still a couple of channels you can pick up with the old-fashioned bunny ears, so that covers most of my needs. Luckily I can watch hockey on Saturday nights (which does mean that you miss a fair number of games) and there's usually at least one NFL game on on Sundays. I don't really watch any other sports, so I'm covered.

For TV shows there are a myriad sites that may or may not host gigabytes of content.
                            Gibson Les Paul Traditional
                            Warmoth Custom Soloist
                            Ibanez S370
                            Gibson SG Special
                            '77 Marshall JMP 2203
                            http://www.myspace.com/sonicimages
                            --------

Originally Posted by RaceU4her

i have 12,000+ posts at HCAF, of course im a ****************ing tone guru

Comment

I tried it for about a month. OTA Digital works fine, but, it doesn't static/snow like the old analog stuff - it either jitters (at best) or drops out completely (often)

After about a month of that, I decided to go back to some form of TV piped to the house - cheapest cable is local channels only that runs around $20/mo. Me, I'm paying around $190/mo for AT&T Uverse U450 + stuff like Palladia, and 18MB/sec internet...no phone service in that - I have T-Mobile for my and her cell at $65/mo (total) for that...
                              Spam'o'matic:

Nothing!

Comment

Working...
                              X