Heads up! Propellerheads: Figure iOS app is now free

Anderton

• Members

At 99 cents, I thought it was a great deal but now it's free. Just go to the App Store and download for your iPhone or iPad. It's for making beats (the tone generators are based on ones used in Reason) and it's one of the most fun ways to while away a few minutes while you're waiting for a bus or just sitting around. It has developed a lot since I first bought it (when it first came out, I liked it that much) and now you can share beats, download tracks, etc. Definitely fun stuff and the price is most certainly right.

• Members

Now all I need is an iPad. My boy won't let me near his. He let me play with it for an afternoon while he was trying to blow a skirt up and I loaded "Deserted Cities of the Heart" off Live Cream II on it, and a couple of other very loud 60's trio tunes on it and he still hasn't forgiven me.

• Members

I got the email about it, hadn't ever heard of this one but I'll most certainly have to get it. I'd been infatuated with Reason since discovering it but really haven't taken much time to play with it since upgrading to 7 so I'm still trying to decide if I want to spring for the 8 upgrade.

Now all I need is an iPad. My boy won't let me near his. He let me play with it for an afternoon while he was trying to blow a skirt up and I loaded "Deserted Cities of the Heart" off Live Cream II on it, and a couple of other very loud 60's trio tunes on it and he still hasn't forgiven me.

Forgiven you? He should THANK you! ;)

• Members

Thanks, Looks like it will download to my IPhone OK. Next I'll need to figure out how to load the beats garage band I also have on that phone (and have never messed with.

Still have to figure out how I can get it on my DAW. :philpalm:

You'd think a guy like me whose been in the electronics business all his life would be able to do that.

I suppose its exactly because I been in it that long I don't want to be bothered with finding out.

• Members
Thanks, Looks like it will download to my IPhone OK. Next I'll need to figure out how to load the beats garage band I also have on that phone (and have never messed with.

Still have to figure out how I can get it on my DAW.

You'd think a guy like me whose been in the electronics business all his life would be able to do that.

I suppose its exactly because I been in it that long I don't want to be bothered with finding out.

You can always do things the old way by recording the audio out of one device via the audio input of another device.

One advantage of modern devices is that they take the guesswork out of matching the tempo - 120 bpm is 120 bpm.

Archived