Toilet Paper Specifications

• CMS Author

There must be a web site for this, a listing of dimensions of toilet paper rolls of various vintages.

I've been buying the same brand and type of toilet paper for quite a few years (Charmin Ultra, Double Roll). This morning I finished up the last issue of EQ before I finished my . . . . and started contemplating the toilet paper roll. I'm sure there's more end play than there used to be. I suspect that the rolls have been getting narrower over time (just like the two-by-four). I haven't had any major breakthroughs yet, but it's getting close. ;)

Obligatory studio content: A sheet of toilet paper taped over the tweeter of the NS-10 speaker was an important part of studio folklore in the 80s.

• Members

There must be a web site for this, a listing of dimensions of toilet paper rolls of various vintages.

I've been buying the same brand and type of toilet paper for quite a few years (Charmin Ultra, Double Roll). This morning I finished up the last issue of EQ before I finished my . . . . and started contemplating the toilet paper roll. I'm sure there's more end play than there used to be. I suspect that the rolls have been getting narrower over time (just like the two-by-four). I haven't had any major breakthroughs yet, but it's getting close.
;)

Obligatory studio content: A sheet of toilet paper taped over the tweeter of the NS-10 speaker was an important part of studio folklore in the 80s.

Be sure to pay for the premium gold edged Charmin, it sounds much better on tweeters- try audiophiletoiletpaper.com for the best online prices, it is only $450 per sheet.

As far as the rolls, this goes back to the Toilet Paper Wars in which the 1.5 inch diameter became dominant. Now if Hitler prevailed in WWII our rolls would be completely different, although to this day some maintain that the pre WWII German toilet paper is still the best :)

• Members

Just read somewhere that talking through a toilet paper tube, a couple inches away from a mic, gives you a good "telephone voice" without any EQ. I assume it was an empty roll (although I've never talked through a full roll, oh the joy of discovery!).

I did not use toilet paper for it, but KLEENEX brand Facial Tissues.

There were a lot of studies debating which brand was the best.

Oh the old times... which BTW, I do not miss at all.

• Members

I use almost a full roll a day .. no skidmarks here!!!

What a bummer Sheryl Crow came out saying because of saving a tree kind of crap, she limits herself to one square. And to think I've been thinking of having her children. I'll bet she stinks.

I was just in Texas a few weeks ago, I could swear toilet paper was bigger there !!!

Russ

Nashville

• Members

I did not use toilet paper for it, but KLEENEX brand Facial Tissues.

There were a lot of studies debating which brand was the best.

Oh the old times... which BTW, I do not miss at all.

I ended up using the actual factory supplied grille cloths on mine.., after trying both single and double sheets of Scott's basic single ply. [The best unscented, un powdered, non-crumbly TP in my book.]

But the grille cloth offered one important protection -- an extra layer between my cats and the cones. Sure, a dedicated cat could make short work of it in a few seconds -- but cats are curious creatures... and NOT having bright white pulsing driver cones kept my cats more or less out of them.

Although my cat Duke would sit and stare into the speaker when his favorite, John Coltrane was on.

DukeListensToTrane.jpg

• Members

Although my cat Duke would sit and stare into the speaker when his favorite, John Coltrane was on.

DukeListensToTrane.jpg

Those jazz cats understand each other.

Chuck Norris toilet paper AUGHGHGHG...hemorrhoid remover...

Geez, that's painful just thinking about.

• Members

Right you are! I work for a major toilet paper manufacturer and they've continually played around with number of sheets, diameter of rolls, caliper (thickness), roll width, and core stock diameter. This all equates to selling less to the customer for more money. Customers are size oriented. Manufacturers fool customers by making them think they are getting more for less, which is definately NOT the case.

Archived