Essential albums you don't have...

• Moderators

but should.

Basically you just ain't got round to getting them.

For me, I sorta had to play catch up and replace a lot of albums that I used to have on vinyl. And in my topping back up, Ive been pretty clack with some

For me its:

Led Zep I

Led Zep II

Paranoid

Black Sabbath

I'd dearly love a copy of Rush - Archives but it's never been officially released on CD

I may just have to buy a turntable again

• Members

I keep hearing about Pink Floyd all the time. If they're considered essential, then yeah, I own nothing by them. Doubt I ever will. Not my cup of tea, but if other people like them, I got no problem with that.

I don't have any albums by the Who either, but I plan to remedy that ;)

• Members

Hey dude, you never have told me how you liked -

510K6S9XY6L._SS500_.jpg

Did it ever show up?

Since I bought that album years ago I've also acquired most everything by Los Straitjackets and Mermen. Also picked up a couple by the Aqua Velvets and few other bands as well.

Likes me my modern surf. ;)

For re-buying albums that I'd had on vinyl, I've re-bought most of the entire Stones catalog.

And yes, Paranoid. Have it on vinyl and cd.

I'll have to buy the Black Sabbath Black Sabbath. I've never even listened to it. How does it compare to Paranoid?

• Members

Far far too many to name.

Just realized the other day that I have never bought a copy of In Through The Out Door on cd.

A lot Beatles I don't have. Holes in my Pink Floyd collection. Missing a lot of John Prine. I don't think its possible to own all the Willie Nelson you need.

EG

• Moderators

Hey dude, you never have told me how you liked -

510K6S9XY6L._SS500_.jpg

I'll have to buy the Black Sabbath Black Sabbath. I've never even listened to it. How does it compare to Paranoid?

I didn't buy it cos it's too expensive, summat like 20 quid ere, which is about a thousand dorra your money

Black Sabbath , Vol 4 and Master of Reality should all really be there, but then so should Technical Ecstasy, Sabotage, Never Say Die....they all have gems on them, I never like to compare or condemn albums, chances are theres summat good there, just like the Stones, no such thing as a bad Stones album, some better than other maybe but gems on everyone

• Members

+1 for the Pet Sounds drop, fantastic album.

Soul Serenade, Derek Trucks. Primo Toanz.

Rubber Soul; I am not sure why I don't have this on CD yet.

Dick Dale anthology

Other than those, I haven't heard much that warrants me going after.

• Members

I agree that there are tons that I don't have and probably won't for various reasons including listening time and cost

One I should get because there are a couple of songs that I just love and every time I hear it I think "oh I should buy that" is Frampton Comes Alive, specifically for Lines on my Face :thu:

• Members

*Stooges -- Fun House, Kill City

*Dylan -- Another Side

*Stones -- a singles collection including I Wanna Be Your Man and Little Red Rooster

*Who -- a singles collection with the 45 edit of Won't Get Fooled Again

*Ramones -- Acid Eaters

*Miles Davis/John Coltrane -- Workin', Steamin', Cookin', Relaxin'

... and that's just for starters

• Members

I didn't buy it cos it's too expensive, summat like 20 quid ere, which is about a thousand dorra your money

Well, PM me you name and address and I'll try to ship you a burned copy. It's not like it's the greatest album of all time, but it is fun. Hate to see you not get a chance to check it out and us have a chance to chat about it. Heck it's even got [pseudo-monkey vocals on one of the tracks. ;)

Since I'm a lazy bastard the hardest part for me will be getting around to burning it and finding a size appropriate CD mailer.

• Members

I just bought Dusty Springfield's - Dusty In Memphis so I can strike that off my list.

There's not a whole lot I need. I used to work at an indie record store so I have quite a collection on CD and Vinyl.

Actually I take that back I still need to pick up the Nuggets Box Set which is an awesome garage rock compilation and I also need to get a couple of Band albums to round out my collection (although it's nonessential albums like Islands and Cahoots I still need to have everything.)

• Members

Miles Davis. Got nothing by him, even though I know I 'should' have
:idk:

Yaaaaaarrrrgh!

*backs away brandishing crucifixes*

Amazon. NOW.

*Kind Of Blue

*Mies Ahead

*Jack Johnson

*In A Silent Way

*Bitches Brew

*Porgy & Bess