Carvin has great customer service

danbronson

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Your experience is definitely in the minority. Most folks, including myself, find it atrocious. And I finally gave up on even e-mailing them since they never respond.

Carvin has been really good with me.

I think it's more that people typically tend to not post the good things.

Good service is expected.

But, they will post instantly and endlessly on bad things.

I'm talking in general. Not just about Carvin.

• Members

AMEN! That option is idiotic on Carvin's part..

GCDEF, gotcha.. You'd never mentioned a time frame on it, and I was curious. I wonder how you'd do if you had a problem tomorrow? You should order something, just to see.

I thought it was good enough to have locking tuners without a locking nut.

(I am not a floyd user, so I know nothing about them.)

• Members

AMEN! That option is idiotic on Carvin's part..

GCDEF, gotcha.. You'd never mentioned a time frame on it, and I was curious. I wonder how you'd do if you had a problem tomorrow? You should order something, just to see.

You won't believe this, but when I was looking for a V, I did call them to see if they'd make a symmetrical one, but even though they're a "custom shop", they wouldn't. Not sure what I would have done if they'd said yes.

• Members

I thought it was good enough to have locking tuners without a locking nut.

(I am not a floyd user, so I know nothing about them.)

Tuning problems with trems almost always happen because the strings get hung up in the nut. Locking tuners don't do anything to solve that problem, but a nut clamp does because the string doesn't slide in the nut.

• Members
This happens rarely enough that I feel it's worth posting. I just got off the phone with Carvin. They were kind enough to send me a replacement part free of charge (I'm in Canada by the way) for a guitar I ordered over 6 years ago. I didn't have to ask for it for free or anything, I just asked how I would go about ordering one and they said they'd just send me one.

The piece is a 1.5 mm screw that tightens into the (Wilkinson) tremolo arm. Seemingly insignificant piece but very important to the functionality of the trem! I've been going through hell trying to find out where to order from, I should have just called Carvin in the first place!

When it arrives I will do a dive bomb in their honor.
:thu:

I had this problem with my Carvin Wilkie. I found there are common, easy to find, philips head, small screws that do the job perfectly. Just so everybody knows, eh.

• Members

I'm glad you had a good experience with them. In 8 years of dealing with them...I've had ONE time that wasn't a complete hassle. That was about a year ago. I have completely quit buying anything from them, and sold off all my Carvin gear. I'm done with them.

• Members

I've dealt with Carvin a few times, and when ordering or asking questions about products the staff each time i've dealt with them acts like thier pissed and that I'm bothering them or wasting thier valuble time or something.:blah::blah::blah:

Plus when I ordered a 4-12 cab last year, I ordered casters & a cover as well,the cover was back-ordered, which they didn't bother mentioning, and 5 weeks later took the $$$ out of my Visa account [without telling me] and I bounced a check, which cost me $35+ bucks plus $25 for the cover, that's the first time thats ever happened.:facepalm:

I'm sure thier guitars are nice, but for the $$$ I'd rather have a Gibson or PRS.:cop:

• Members

Customer service from them has been a mixed bag for me.

Great when I had an older power amp go down. THey ofered me a new one with mine as a trade in since the model I had was discontinued.

I ordered some parts and I received a duplicate shipment of my order. I called to return the extra items. The person on the phone acted like I was trying to scam them or that I was a pain in his ass. I returned the items, but it crossed my mind that if they were going to treat me like that to keep them. I haven't bought from them since.

• Members
The last one was about two years I guess. Haven't dealt with the since. That's when they sent me a defective C1644P. I needed it for a gig in a few days. They only way they'd get me a replacement was if I paid for it up front. They'd give me a refund on the defective one when I sent it back. So I had to buy two of them. The wouldn't even pick up expedited shipping for me.

The whole purchase was a mess. When I first ordered it, I knew I'd need it in about four weeks. They told me it was in stock and I'd have it within a week. A week came and went. I called. They were out of stock. This went on for a few weeks. When I finally got it with only a few days to spare, it was defective and unusable. They were not at all concerned that I actually needed a mixer that weekend and had been counting on them.

I like the mixer a lot. That's my second one. I went through a similar situation with the first one I bought too. First one wasn't right. Had to order and pay for a second and return the first. So I had to buy four to get two that actually worked.

I bet that was the same exact defective C1644P that they sent me 2 years ago. Was not a happy camper about that one, either.

On another note...you and Ravencad have been having civil discourse....that's a good step! :D

• Members
I bet that was the same exact defective C1644P that they sent me 2 years ago. Was not a happy camper about that one, either.

On another note...you and Ravencad have been having civil discourse....that's a good step!
:D

The defect on mine was the chassis was too far down in the cabinet. There was no way to plug the speakers in because they were obscured by the side of the cabinet. I've heard of others with the same problem. The replacement they sent me was fine.

Another problem I had with them was when the second one of the first batch developed an intermittent short, they had a flat bench fee of $275 to even look at it. Turned out a board had come unseated. A friend of mine fixed it in half an hour for free. That would have been quite the waste of money had I paid them $275 plus shipping for such a simple repair.

• Members

yeah that $275 is just a garbage way of getting out of repairing their stuff. When you pay $600 for a mixer, and it's gonna cost a minimum of $275 plus probably $40 shipping to even look at it...they're hoping you will just buy a new one. Lame...

• Members

I never had a problem with Carvin CS.I have ordered 4 guitars from them and only had 2 problems.They sent a Wilky Trem with my hardtail Bolt kit,and I had a bad pup on a C66.They sent the replacement parts USPS Priority both times.The told me to just keep the trem ,or sell it on ebay.

Archived