Carvin has great customer service

danbronson

• Members

I had an LB75 (for three years) that had a truss rod problem. They built me a new guitar, no questions asked. And getting it done was beyond easy. It's like anything else, if you know how to talk to human beings, you can get done what you need done without too much trouble.

If you're an idiot, you will have problems, just like everything else in your life.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I've worked with people, and in customer service for years. I'm always nice when I call. However, the aforementioned "bad mood" folks seem to be who always answer the phone. You can be as nice as you want, but if the guy on the other end of the phone doesn't care...then there's no customer service...

• Members

I had an LB75 (for three years) that had a truss rod problem. They built me a new guitar, no questions asked. And getting it done was beyond easy. It's like anything else, if you know how to talk to human beings, you can get done what you need done without too much trouble.

If you're an idiot, you will have problems, just like everything else in your life.

If that were the case, the problems would be the norm, not the exception.

• Members

For the record, I have zero problems with GCDEF, he's actually one of my favorite members around here. We fuss and argue over Carvin, but only cuz we both enjoy it.. I'd happily hang out with him in real life..

:eek:food-smiley-004.gif

• 3 weeks later...
  • Members

Does that guy Greg or Gary still work there in the customer service / parts dept.? He was a total dick and was clueless about questions I had in the late 90's. I ordered 3 or 4 sets of Sperzel tuners and the bulk packaging didn't bother me, but the scratched finish on all of them put me off, but the worst factor was these were all for 3x3 headstocks and they sent these with the small 6 inline buttons not the larger 3x3 Sperzel size. I was pissed and I wanted my money back and had a hard time getting satisfaction. That was the last time I have done business with them.

• Members

oh, and Carvin still rules
:thu:

So does Kim Jong Il. :poke:

FWIW, I just sent back my C1644P because it when up in a puff of smoke hooked up to a generator two weeks ago. The $265 flat fee doesn't seem like such a bad deal now. They're telling me 20 business days to get to it though, which kind of sucks. Ad shipping time, and we're without it for 6 weeks or so.

• Members

GCDEF, you certainly have some bad luck with Carvin. Just curious if you are a glutton for punishment or something? Why do you keep buying from them if they suck so much? I am done dealing with them except for the rare occasion I find a steal on a used Carvin bass or guitar.

Archived