Guitars you don't like the looks of.

KATMAN

• Members

For me,it has to be the Jag-Stang.They probably play and sound good,but I can't past the looks.Guitars that have wear and tear don't bother me,but it's the shape that gets me. Other nominees are B.C.Rich guitars,the Jem,and the Dean Dimebag Darrel type guitars.I'm sure there some out there that you all don't like the looks of either.These are my picks.And that weird shaped one Prince plays,that's high on my list as well. Any others?

I might add,that if any of these guitars were given to me,I wouldn't turn them down. Just saying I wouldn't buy one just for their looks is all.

• Members

Ive never ever been a fan of the pointy "shread guitars"........I also hate the Dimebag sig guitars.....not the original dean ones, with the rounded edges, but the ones that look like chinese throwing stars...

• Members

Tele-bodies, strat-bodies (unless they're done well, and kind of different), most les pauls or lookalikes, most hollowbodies, acoustics, pretty much anything that doesn't have some sort of point somewhere about it. I like points, sharp SHARP curves and points. I don't like most burst finishes, I think they're neat and nice looking, just not for me. And most 'glitter' finishes. Glitter is an accessory that belongs on a bass boat. Some look good with it, most do not. Anything with a Bigsby or equivalent tailpiece trem, I don't want anything that looks like a Mack truck hood ornament on my guitar. Oh, and anything with more than one, maybe two necks. Three or more and you're overcompensating for something. :thu:

• Members

I used to hate Teles with a passion. Just the crudeness of them made me cringe. Now I am sorta starting to like them.

Same thing with SGs..... especially there input jack pointing out... I personally prefer the strat style which allows you sit down with the instrumenta a whole lot better (compared to LPs etc)

Archived