Guitars you don't like the looks of.

KATMAN

• Members

I hate to say it, but I don't like SGs.

But then again, I could never come to grips with the tele headstock. Looks circumcised, you know? Then I played one.

It's amazing what happens when we try new things.

Edit-

After posting I saw mondaymonkey's post 2 up. What he said.

Oh, and the old Ibby Roadstar II with the straight out the front jack. Love that when I'm sitting on a bed or couch! No bendy the cable.

• Members

Ya know to be honest, I dont like anything that was desinged after 1972 and thats only becouse I like the '72 Thinline, and that was really desinged in 1952, but I really dont care for the SG or the V even though a Blues King used one.
Now I do like the different paint jobs I've seen on here and all guitars are cool,but it doesnt mean Id own one.

So I guess that makes me REALLY OLD FASHION!!!

I can live with that.

• Members

I don't like the looks of the Parker Fly at all.

However, their new Adrian Belew model is my dream guitar purely for it's features (Sustainiac, Roland synth pickup, Variax technology, peizo, etc). If I ever hit the lottery (they list for ten grand) it would be at the top of my list, even though I don't like the styling of it.

• Members

I agree with Cratz2, I just can't get past the handle on the Jem. Worst looking guitar in my opinion is that stupid sg/v thing that zach wylde plays.

Totally agree on both counts. I'm also in agreement with anything by BC Rich. You can add the reverse V and reverse Explorer to the list as well.

• Members
Anything that looks like it might have been played in an '80's hair-metal band.

More often than not, it was a Les Paul :rolleyes:

Warrant, Brittney Foxx, Cinderella, and G' n R (who were considered as such by many during that time)

Ricks 6-strings, teles, and firebirds mostly.

• Members
Ive never ever been a fan of the pointy "shread guitars"........I also hate the Dimebag sig guitars.....not the original dean ones, with the rounded edges, but the ones that look like chinese throwing stars...

yeah, definitely dont wanna trip and fall with one of those slung around your shoulder :cop:

Archived