SX SST57 natural burst...

coinstarlp

• Members

Anyone have one of these?

http://www.rondomusic.com/product2515.html

I have MAJOR GAS for this thing, mainly wondering how the finish is because for $120 I'd be happy with mainly looking at it. I'm sure it will be a decent player after a setup, and the fact that it has a bound board makes me guess they would put a bit of attention in the fretwork.

Anyway is this a new finish? Looks sweeeet.

• Members

I can tell you I have an SX P-bass and an SX Tele and they are great instruments.

I can also say, however, that sometimes the wood matching in their natural finish and bursts is not always that great. I haven't seem many SX guitars in person that show wood grain but I've heard a few people complain about this.

However, sometimes a company will have a 3 or 4 piece body with a thin veneer of wood on top to make it look solid. I have a natural Turser bass constructed this way and it's also a little killer....

If it looks like the pic, fantastic. If it looks like a couple or three badly matched pieces of wood with an evident seam...I'd probably return it for vintage white or something painted...

• Members

...because for $120 I'd be happy with mainly looking at it.

Thanks for admitting to what we wouldn't. Yeah, she's a beauty for the price. I don't have one, so I can't say. I had an SX that needed a setup and a fret work, but it was still a good buy after I threw a little more money into it.

I can tell you I have an SX P-bass and an SX Tele and they are great instruments.

I can also say, however, that sometimes the wood matching in their natural finish and bursts is not always that great. I haven't seem many SX guitars in person that show wood grain but I've heard a few people complain about this.

However, sometimes a company will have a 3 or 4 piece body with a thin veneer of wood on top to make it look solid. I have a natural Turser bass constructed this way and it's also a little killer....

If it looks like the pic, fantastic. If it looks like a couple or three badly matched pieces of wood with an evident seam...I'd probably return it for vintage white or something painted...

Exactly. That pic is really sexy!!:thu:

sst57ashhsb5.jpg

• Members

Exactly. That pic is really sexy!!
:thu:

sst57ashhsb5.jpg

That's what love at first sight feels like. What a beauty. Just needs normal dot markers on that neck to be perfect ... hmmmm I have this MM neck sitting in a drawer, a hand-wired GFS pickguard ... part the neck out and I'd be in strat city!

• Members

Almost looks like a Squier cherryburst. Those necks are great too.

its called honey burst, but looks very cherry on my screen. wonder how acurate the pics are.

if it looks like that, im tempted to get one just for the body. (i had an sst ash already that i just didnt bond with though)

• Members

That's what love at first sight feels like. What a beauty. Just needs normal dot markers on that neck to be perfect ... hmmmm I have this MM neck sitting in a drawer, a hand-wired GFS pickguard ... part the neck out and I'd be in strat city!

Is there any difference (parts interchangeability) between the SX bodies and the Fender bodies?

Either way, the guitar looks pretty good.

• Members

Is there any difference (parts interchangeability) between the SX bodies and the Fender bodies?

Either way, the guitar looks pretty good.

on the regular sx's the neck pocket is a little deeper than fender, but otherwise the necks fit i believe. i believe the ash is the same.

Archived