NAD..Vox AC4..

streetknight

• Members

This amp is absolutely perfect for me. It's simple to use, 1 volume, 1 tone, and the attenuator switch from 1/4 - 1 - 4 watts is very cool. Doesn't have much headroom, but rolling off the guitar's volume helps with that. For that british crunch and chimey sound this thing is perfect.

The natural OD is so killer on this little thing. It also takes pedals well.

It also has a speaker out jack on the back of it that will go to a 16 ohm cab. When connected it mutes the internal speaker. I think this is very cool and aside from the cool factor think this makes getting the head not a good idea. I can pick this thing up and go play, or plug it into a 4 x12 if I want.

Here are some pics.

VOXac4014.jpg

VOXac4015.jpg

VOXac4016.jpg

And here it is with some of it's new playmates.

VOXac4003.jpg

VOXac4005.jpg

VOXac4007.jpg

VOXac4009.jpg

• Members

Really digging the amp... Have you already connected it to an external cab? How will the sound differ when connecting it to a 2x12 or 4x12?

FYI, I am an amp noob, and I am looking for my first tube amp which needs to be able to hang out with a drummer who doesn't hit extremely hard. Also I play rock and pop, no country or teh br00talz.

• Members
HNAD! How is it getting along with the SG Classic? I might have a use for one of those soon.

I'm actually digging it the most with the SG Classic. The SG seems more middle of the road I'd say. Does decent cleans and still rocks out, but they do this on most amps I've played.

Now my strat on the neck pup > Fulltone OCD > AC4 = :D

• Members
Really digging the amp... Have you already connected it to an external cab? How will the sound differ when connecting it to a 2x12 or 4x12?

FYI, I am an amp noob, and I am looking for my first tube amp which needs to be able to hang out with a drummer who doesn't hit extremely hard. Also I play rock and pop, no country or teh br00talz.

I don't own any cabs to try it on. I didn't even know it had that feature when I ordered it :facepalm:

I'm gonna try to get with a friend next week that has a 4x12 cab. I'm gonna take it to his practice space and see if we can make a demo video with and without the cab.

• Members

I don't know about the Vox in particular, but 4 watts might be a little weak for playing with a drummer.

Nevertheless, that looks like a cool amp. I've had my eyes on those since they were announced.

• Members

Who has them in stock? Can't find them online.

Got mine from American Musical. I had clicked the link to "notify me when in stock" a couple weeks ago. They did on Wednesday, I placed the order then and had it here in GA on Friday. This was my first deal with them and it won't be the last, very good to deal with.

Here's a link, and it shows that they're still in stock.

http://www.americanmusical.com/Item--i-VOX-AC4TV?SRC=D0407FG0HAMS0000&utm_source=froogle&utm_medium=feed&

• Members
I found combos in stock at AMS but no heads.

Now I know the head/cab looks cool, but since the combo has the speaker out and it mutes the internal speaker when connected, I gues it's acting as a head then.

It won't look as cool, but you could still plug it into other cabs and when you don't want too, just carry one thing with you instead of 2. It's very light.

:thu:

• Members
Got mine from American Musical. I had clicked the link to "notify me when in stock" a couple weeks ago. They did on Wednesday, I placed the order then and had it here in GA on Friday. This was my first deal with them and it won't be the last, very good to deal with.

Here's a link, and it shows that they're still in stock.

AMS is a very good place to order from!

• Members
Now I know the head/cab looks cool, but since the combo has the speaker out and it mutes the internal speaker when connected, I gues it's acting as a head then.

It won't look as cool, but you could still plug it into other cabs and when you don't want too, just carry one thing with you instead of 2. It's very light.

:thu:

Ya, I know. Nearly all my amps are heads.

Archived