i want a digitech whammy

hondro

• Members

That sucks. I was never really interested in a whammy, but I got a Digitech RP250 which has some whammy stuff going on... It's actually kinda cool. I've mostly just used it with gain and one whole step up... Definitely worth playing around with. Some of the possibilities just seem RADICALLY over the top.

• Members

i just sold one for about 50 bucks more than i purchased it for on craigslist. anyways i'm not in a band so it was really sort of useless for me...once you get over the honeymoon period with that pedal it seems sort of useless unless you plan to use it in your songwriting.

• Members

That sucks. I was never really interested in a whammy, but I got a Digitech RP250 which has some whammy stuff going on... It's actually kinda cool. I've mostly just used it with gain and one whole step up... Definitely worth playing around with. Some of the possibilities just seem RADICALLY over the top.

I was thinking the RP250, which is selling for $100 could do a lot of what the whammy pedal can do. I'm kind of interested in those "Rage Against The Machine" type whammy effects.

Can the RP250 control pitch with the expression pedal?

• Members

I gotta try one out. I've never used one, just heard songs and seen some videos

Did you hear the whammy in Rage Against the Machine songs? Tom Morello makes the best use of the whammy pedal of anyone i've heard.

• Members

I was thinking the RP250, which is selling for $100 could do a lot of what the whammy pedal can do. I'm kind of interested in those "Rage Against The Machine" type whammy effects.

Can the RP250 control pitch with the expression pedal?

Absolutely! And there's about 16 settings as well. Check out the online manual. TONS of crap in that RP250/350.

• Members

i have a whammy. i thought it was cool for the first week or so but i find it kind of pointless now. the octave up functions are good but the divebomb ones kind of go flat when you hit the bottom. the harmony and detune functions are cool too but they dont track very well

Archived