NGD- I'm back in the Strat pack.

SnoMan97

• Members

I traded away my beloved MIM Strat last summer and have missed it dearly. I have been gasing for one ever since. I decided to trade or sell my Reverend Jetstream to get another Strat. A fellow forumite traded me his 2007 Highway One Strat for my Rev. She was just delivered to my office by the little brown truck. This guitar is essentially new. It still has the plastic on the p/g and trem cover. Not a mark on it. Very happy so far and I can't wait to get home to plug her in. Sorry for the crappy cell phone pic.

untitled.jpg

• Members

EXCELLENT!! Damn glad to have you back!
:thu:
If you can gel with the huge frets on her and the hot pups in her you're going to fall in love. The back of the neck is silky smooth.

Time for some skin!

Dohhhh! forgot you are at work!
:facepalm:
Maybe later.

Thanks Doc. Glad to be back. :wave:

The frets I like. I figured I could change the pups if I don't like 'em. The neck is really nice. I almost forgot how comfy Strats are.

As for the skin...let it fly. My office is small and all male.

• Members

Thanks Doc. Glad to be back.
:wave:
The frets I like. I figured I could change the pups if I don't like 'em. The neck is really nice. I almost forgot how comfy Strats are.

As for the skin...let it fly. My office is small and all male.

How young are they? :D

Two things about the Highway 1:

1) do NOT polish it to a shine. Let it occur naturally, and

2) don't screw with the finish on the back of the neck. It's perfecto as is!

Damn glad to have you back, man.

cuar02_miley0806.jpg

• Members

How young are they?
:D

Two things about the Highway 1:

1) do NOT polish it to a shine. Let it occur naturally, and

2) don't screw with the finish on the back of the neck. It's perfecto as is!

Damn glad to have you back, man.

cuar02_miley0806.jpg

40 and under.:)

As for the finish, I love the matte finish on the Hwy Ones. Some people hate it but I find it very cool. I agree about the neck as well. Perfect as is.

• Members

HNGD!

How do you like the pickups? There's a lot of hate for them in general, but I think they are great for what they are. If you want to play a SSS strat with fairly high levels of gain, this is the guitar to do it on. I don't know how much gain (if any) you use, but I haven't found a bad tone yet with my 07 Hwy 1 (3TSB/Maple fretboard)

• Members

HNGD!

How do you like the pickups? There's a lot of hate for them in general, but I think they are great for what they are. If you want to play a SSS strat with fairly high levels of gain, this is the guitar to do it on. I don't know how much gain (if any) you use, but I haven't found a bad tone yet with my 07 Hwy 1 (3TSB/Maple fretboard)

I haven't had alot of time with it yet but my first impression is that I like them. I need to change the strings too. They look like the original Fender Bullets that came with it.

Archived