Favorite Two Guitar Sounds

Magpel

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Glen Buxton and Michael Bruce form the early Alice Cooper records. Not punk, but there was a very outlaw vibe about what they did. Just think of School's Out or Billion Dollar Babies and how those guitars created both epic orchestrations and down to the pavement raw rock, all within the span of a bridge returning to a verse. This was great rock and roll and pretty overlooked historically.

I could go with that as the word.

• Members

I'm a metal head so my beloved guitar tone is a bit more gritty but....

Carcass _ Heartwork album....for years I have been in love with that tone. Also, the follow up albums that people claim are the "sell out" CDs - Same guitar tone but they added a amazing bass tone that was altogether missing the the previous releases.

ACDC - Gotta love that "bwaang!"

• Members

Mogwai

Mono

Radiohead

Paul Simon's live band during his Afro-Brazilian era (the Graceland/Rhythm Of The Saints period), with the two African guitarists

Lots of great two-guitar stuff on Henry Kaiser/David Lindley's compilation album A World Out Of Time

It didn't last long, but I love the interplay between Joe Walsh and Don Felder on the "Hotel California" album.

The parts on Life in the Fast Lane and the title track are worth the price of admission.

I think they tossed Felder after this record, I'm pretty sure it was just Walsh and Frey on "The Long Run" album.

Felder remained in the band until after Hell Freezes Over. He's definitely playing on The Long Run.

Felder is, IMHO, very under-rated.

• Members

Mogwai

Mono

Radiohead

Paul Simon's live band during his Afro-Brazilian era (the Graceland/Rhythm Of The Saints period), with the two African guitarists

Lots of great two-guitar stuff on Henry Kaiser/David Lindley's compilation album A World Out Of Time

David Lindley/Henry Kaiser...guitarists separated at birth, then united by a Supreme Being..so happy together...David added so many poignant moments to Jackson Brownes albums...I loveth that man.

• Members

I was going through my vinyl last night (after praticing my yuke) and thought of that great guitar exchange on Heart's Barracuda...I think it was Roger Fisher and Howard Leese...so tasty.

I also found my old 'April Wine' record, 'Nature of the Beast'; the song 'Just between you and me' had some awesome guitar exchanges in it, There were 3 guitarists I think, but I think this particular song featured Myles Goodyn and Gary Moffet, Brian Greenway was another guitarist in the band.

• Members

Kansas.

Kerry Livgren and Rich Williams. I think the violinist, Robbie Steinhardt played guitar at times too.

Song for America is one of the most magnificent rock recordings I've ever heard. Kerry Livgren is truly a master of his art in the biggest way.

Don't forget Steve Morse!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Steve_Morse#With_Kansas

Archived