NOS 7591 Vacuumless tubes- Great deal!

kurfu

• Members

These should work swell with the JBL speakers I fixed up. They had these big fabric-papery cone things in the way of the little energy gun in the middle of the drivers so I carefully removed all that and I can't wait to hear how it sounds with these tubes in my amp. They'll fit in the Kenwood I bought in the 80s, won't they? It doesn't have any tubes now so I figure adding them will really help...

• Members

These should work swell with the JBL speakers I fixed up. They had these big fabric-papery cone things in the way of the little energy gun in the middle of the drivers so I carefully removed all that and I can't
wait
to hear how it sounds with these tubes in my amp. They'll fit in the Kenwood I bought in the 80s, won't they? It doesn't have any tubes now so I figure adding them will
really help...

Yep! Those stupid paper cones don't do anything but add friction to the airflow coming out of the magnet. Your JBL's should sound a lot more open and free now.

:thu::thu::thu:

• Members

Yep! Those stupid paper cones don't do anything but add friction to the airflow coming out of the magnet. Your JBL's should sound a lot more open and free now.

:thu:

The depth of field and stereo imaging is... in a word... incredible.

I can hear the space in between the molecules now...

• CMS Author

Here's a screen shot.

Thanks for saving and posting that. I thought I missed the fun. The sad thing is that there are some people who could actually be serious about this.

For some reason I can't get it to come up by clicking on it, so just copy and paste the URL.

Let's see if this works:

Vacuumless Tubes for Sale

The syntax, leaving out the asterisks before "url" put there so the illustration won't work, is:

[*url=http://whatever.the.link.is]The text you want the reader to click on[/*url]

• Members

Yeah, I tried it a couple different ways. When I click on your link I get "Internal Server Error" When I copy and paste the URL from google it comes up fine.

Is that happening for everyone or do I have some issue on my end? I can't see the pic that kurfu posted using my link. I just see a place holder until I right click and choose "Show Picture." :confused:

• Members

Yeah, I tried it a couple different ways. When I click on your link I get "
Internal Server Error
" When I copy and paste the URL from google it comes up fine.

Is that happening for everyone or do I have some issue on my end? I can't see the pic that kurfu posted using my link. I just see a place holder until I right click and choose "Show Picture."
:confused:

Pics from other sites work. Hmmm...

mit_oracle_v21_sc.jpg

• CMS Author

Yeah, I tried it a couple different ways. When I click on your link I get "
Internal Server Error
" When I copy and paste the URL from google it comes up fine.

Is that happening for everyone or do I have some issue on my end?

This morning, it works the same way here as it did for you - Internal server error. But clicking on the link seems to bring up the page. Maybe there's an internal server error, whatever that is. I wonder if it only worked for me when I posted it because it was in my browswer cache.

I hope the other links I've posted over the years work for other people. I haven't had any other complaints. Maybe they're just too polite, or they just don't care. ;)

Archived